[2.6 Theory build] First Snow Crit Freezing Pulse Occultist

Hello nice to see I'm not the only one going to try out Freezing Pulse in the next League. I've made some videos of what I'm thinking of going with. The only thing that is holding me back from committing to Witch Occultist is the announcement that the Ranger side of the tree will be getting more Elemental Damage and Cold Damage.
Link to the videos
Spoiler
The first one is where I go over skill tree and some items I'm thinking of using.https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE-DzSs1zGIdpuW4pJeyfwc8x-owFl8oT
This second one is where I mess around in Dried Lake and is very rough since I have less than 3.5K ES and no max res but the damage is there. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE-DzSs1zGIfSImVfVo96CTtPBibZpNUS
Seems cool, I think the life leech gem is a bit of a wasted slot personally. Also I'd go full on crazy and do this with a sire of shards xD
i really like the idea, playing something like this was my first thought when i saw the new jewel
i would go crit though
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
Morelli_ wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:

Any number beyond one is enough, but the point is the more projectile you have, the more it will shotgun for single target purposes. This is what makes FP strong not only does it auto pierce, but with enough projectiles you do not need a single target skill - all it takes is positioning with your cursor to hit bosses with all 7 projectiles.

Bro, shotgunning was removed a while ago. A mob can only be hit with one projectile from the skill now so 7 projectile is overkill for trash clearing. 5 should be enough from 2 jewels

Doh, you're right - I was thinking of attacks. They can still shotgun. But spells can't. That makes me sad :( On a side note, that does free up 2 ring slots for my build! but my single target might be lacking.. i'll have to rework some stuff around and see.

So you don't hate yourself in the future, no, shotgunning does not work even with attacks. Nothing shotguns. However overlaps can occur. (ex: any lightning arrows past the first one will ignore the enemy, but if they hit another nearby enemy, the secondary effect is an aoe/chain and not considered a shotgun, so it will apply for extra damage)
"
prospecial wrote:
i really like the idea, playing something like this was my first thought when i saw the new jewel
i would go crit though

And what;s your expectations about this jewel cost?
Not many people play FP
im gonna go for this build :P hope it will not suxx!
"
loardpcm wrote:
I think 3 projectiles for freezing pulse are enough. I'm playing a freezing pulse witch with 2 snakepit rings. Currently lvl 96.

I'm playing with 3 projectiles as well right now, but I'd gladly take 2 more. More than 5 is probably overkill, so Snakepit x1 + First Snow x1 is a good compromise. While Snakepit has great damage, I prefer to keep one ring slot free for flexibility.

I realize this is an ES-based build, but a +3 cold staff with Vagan's Blood Magic mod, Life Leech Support, and Kaom's Heart works really well in a life version. I've been playing this build lately and it works just fine without Vaal Pact. I normally wouldn't recommend Ascendant, but the extra projectile, a counter to FP's damage dropoff, leech, and more damage make it pretty solid.

To save on skill points and get better gear synergy (Arctic Armor + Purity of Fire + Anger + Kaom's Heart in a life build), you can even convert cold to fire (Pyre plus, assuming a Pyre nerf, Cold to Fire Support or Realm Ender or Xoph's Blood in a life build). Obviously you lose the ability to freeze, but it hardly matters in a non-crit build considering that mobs are easy to kill and difficult bosses frequently won't get frozen anyway.

"
Rebur wrote:
The only thing that is holding me back from committing to Witch Occultist is the announcement that the Ranger side of the tree will be getting more Elemental Damage and Cold Damage.

I'm hoping for some Deadeye buffs, although Arctic Breath is the way to go if you go Deadeye (against mobs, a 3-projectile AB with chain performs similarly to a 5-projectile FP, but AB takes down many bosses more quickly and chain makes reflect more dangerous).

"
SquallGBlade wrote:
shotgunning does not work even with attacks. Nothing shotguns. However overlaps can occur.

Isn't that what shotgunning is? When you shoot multiple projectiles at once and they or their explosions overlap and hit a target at the same time causing the damage to multiply? Arctic Breath, for example, can still shotgun.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Feb 26, 2017, 6:54:29 PM
I updated the OP, converted it to crit based with only 5 projectiles.

Side note though: How does CI deal with freezing/stun locks now? I notice some CI builds don't even run the immunity rings. Is it just good pot management for freeze immune, and luck with stun?
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
I have been browsing around looking at FP builds for these jewels. I am kind of curious about Occultist as a choice though.

I think there is tremendous synergy with

Inquisitor (crit): Ignore resistances, Sanctify and Pious Path synergize really well with build giving immunity to elemental status effects, 4% ES and Mana regen, 25% cast speed, 40% damage.

Elementalist (crit or overload) : Pyre + C2F (or one + AoF) get a ton of damage from golems, conflux and prolif.

Doesn't it seem like a lot to give up just to get the tri-curse and ES damageproof regen (although I do LOVE it).

What I would envision Occultist excelling with would be (and this is totally a different direction), but

Pyre + C2F (I anticipate Pyre becoming nerfed to 50%) + Consuming Dark x2 (Maybe Relic version @45%). And then it is a Chaos/poison built and you can run: FP + C2F + Faster Proj + Added Chaos + Elemental Focus / Controlled Destruction / Spell Echo / Life Leech.
Last edited by Kartikeya on Feb 26, 2017, 7:42:50 PM
"
Edzilla wrote:
I updated the OP, converted it to crit based with only 5 projectiles.

Side note though: How does CI deal with freezing/stun locks now? I notice some CI builds don't even run the immunity rings. Is it just good pot management for freeze immune, and luck with stun?

Almost all of The CI/LL builds I've seen run a Eye of Chayula Onyx Amulet(CI)/Presence of Chayula Onyx Amulet(LL) and a Kiara's Determination Silver Flask.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info