[2.6 Theory build] First Snow Crit Freezing Pulse Occultist

Introduction
Hello! This is what build I will be using in the upcoming legacy league. It focusing using the new jewel First Snow allowing for Freezing Pulse to have 5 projectiles without the need of using Greater or Lesser Multiple Projectile support gems. In addition, the First Snow jewel allows for more damage through shattering.

The Occultist ascendancy was chosen for energy shield bonuses, since this is a CI/Low-life build. As well for the additional curse. Not many other benefits from other choices.

Links
Freezing Pulse > Spell Echo > Increased Critical Strikes > Cold Penetration > Life Leech > Increased Critical Damage

Lightning Warp > Faster Casting > Rapid Decay > Less Duration

Discipline > Blasphemy > Temp Chains / Enfeeble > Frostbite

Cwdt > GMP > Arctic Breath > Power Charge on Crit

Cwdt > Immortal Call > Ice Elemental > Increased Duration

Haste > Blood Magic (When converting from CI to LL)

Trees

level 60 (Leveling tree, hybrid build)

level 90

level 100 Low-life. Requires Shavronne's Wrappings

Gear
Required items:
Eye of Chayula (required when you go CI)
Kiara's Determination / Anti freeze pot (required when you go CI)
2 First Snow Jewels

Suggested:
Maligaro's Virtuosity
Taryn's Shiver - or - High spell crit dagger + High ES shield.
Shavronne's Wrappings + Presence of Chayula - Pick up Pain Attunement in the passive tree and drop CI to convert to LL.

Stack ES, crit, crit damage, cast speed, ele damage, spell damage, and cold damage after capping resist.

Stats

Kill all the bandits.

Here's the stats on poeplanner.

Thanks for reading! Any suggestions/comments are welcome.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Last edited by Edzilla on Feb 28, 2017, 4:18:12 PM
Last bumped on Jul 6, 2017, 7:44:03 PM
thoughts on snowforged + nullification instead of the elemental nodes leading to shadow start? Dunno if crit would be of any help, but with those rings I'd think getting resists capped would be a little more difficult than normal

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAQMeBx4HYwhnDXwPqxEPES8RUBSwFX4V1xa_FvMXVBmKGo8bJR1PHaod2R9BIcMigSSLJjwqOCsKLKYsvy0fLagvnTQKNbk3ZjsNQnpDVEZxSVFJsUuuTC1Ms1BCUXRTNVPUVEdWSlZjV-Fca13yXypfam0ZcLtzs3RVenB88H_Ggh6DCYRIhq6IQow2jYKOPI7pj_qQ1pEHknSTJ5UulwaeoZ7EnwGhL6KjppmmvqcrrJixkLQMu_y-gL6KwcXDOsNtxKLG98rTy73QH9DQ0eTXz9lb34rhiOaB6QLquuwY74jv6_DV9HH22vfX-Tf5ZfsJ

43% cold damage
10% es
30% crit chance
8% ele resists

vs

56% ele damage
12 es flat

Last edited by lilbuddha on Feb 18, 2017, 8:25:37 AM
"
lilbuddha wrote:
thoughts on snowforged + nullification instead of the elemental nodes leading to shadow start? Dunno if crit would be of any help, but with those rings I'd think getting resists capped would be a little more difficult than normal

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAQMeBx4HYwhnDXwPqxEPES8RUBSwFX4V1xa_FvMXVBmKGo8bJR1PHaod2R9BIcMigSSLJjwqOCsKLKYsvy0fLagvnTQKNbk3ZjsNQnpDVEZxSVFJsUuuTC1Ms1BCUXRTNVPUVEdWSlZjV-Fca13yXypfam0ZcLtzs3RVenB88H_Ggh6DCYRIhq6IQow2jYKOPI7pj_qQ1pEHknSTJ5UulwaeoZ7EnwGhL6KjppmmvqcrrJixkLQMu_y-gL6KwcXDOsNtxKLG98rTy73QH9DQ0eTXz9lb34rhiOaB6QLquuwY74jv6_DV9HH22vfX-Tf5ZfsJ

43% cold damage
10% es
30% crit chance
8% ele resists

vs

56% ele damage
12 es flat

Seems like a reasonable trade.

Crit directly increases my chance of freezing/shattering, which will increase my DPS from both Shiver and my jewels, so yes crit is relevant - i do not focus on it, but it does surely help.

Yes, I probably will have resist issues since I need both my ring slots and maybe even my neck for Eye of Chayula, for uniques. I'm not familiar with running Oculist and Vile Bastion - is that enough for stun resistance ? Or will other means, like Eye of Chayula, be needed?
Bump. Updated the OP. Leave me some suggestions!
I think 3 projectiles for freezing pulse are enough. I'm playing a freezing pulse witch with 2 snakepit rings. Currently lvl 96.
"
loardpcm wrote:
I think 3 projectiles for freezing pulse are enough. I'm playing a freezing pulse witch with 2 snakepit rings. Currently lvl 96.

Any number beyond one is enough, but the point is the more projectile you have, the more it will shotgun for single target purposes. This is what makes FP strong not only does it auto pierce, but with enough projectiles you do not need a single target skill - all it takes is positioning with your cursor to hit bosses with all 7 projectiles.
Last edited by Edzilla on Feb 19, 2017, 8:12:20 PM
"
Edzilla wrote:

Any number beyond one is enough, but the point is the more projectile you have, the more it will shotgun for single target purposes. This is what makes FP strong not only does it auto pierce, but with enough projectiles you do not need a single target skill - all it takes is positioning with your cursor to hit bosses with all 7 projectiles.

Bro, shotgunning was removed a while ago. A mob can only be hit with one projectile from the skill now so 7 projectile is overkill for trash clearing. 5 should be enough from 2 jewels
~3945 18/12/2023
Last edited by Morelli_ on Feb 19, 2017, 9:51:49 PM
I am thinking more about crit version as occultist
90lvl Skill Tree
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAUAAPUTEAB434rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrIvRsC5Mn74j5N9fPSbG-iqEvytO0DOq6DXw0CjdmLKam6zeDf8aiow_EO3y4yh1PLR9MsyBuUDDbXhEPrJj314RIXGvDbeL3AW-LesHF7BgsvxXXhq5WY4_66_VknfIdwwm5k_DVSVERlg5IXfIqC3BSidOMNisKES8DHh9Bm7XDOio4hMUZipcGxKKQ1q6zQZbQ9QVCLJzQH-_r0NBfakcG8uFjQ3C7-wn22hqPm6EYangvfOVYB0ZxgwlvnspKX7CxkC2ovoDhiB2qXIoaSPQofPCRB0J6enC7_BV-AAAXAQAAFAACAAfQAQH0AQIRAAMDAgEAAwgAAA==

CI build until I can afford Shavs to go low life
Running frostbite, projectile weakness and warlord mark
Projectile weakness if using Heretic Veil or corrupted gloves with ele weak on hit
Dunno yet about gems. Don't have nay characters with crit to test out crit support gems but
Freezing Pulse+Spell Echo+Cold Penetration+Cont Dest for sure
then pick 2 of these:
Inc Crit Strikes
Inc Crit DMG
Empower
Slower Projectiles
Faster Casting
"
Morelli_ wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:

Bro, shotgunning was removed a while ago. A mob can only be hit with one projectile from the skill now so 7 projectile is overkill for trash clearing. 5 should be enough from 2 jewels

Doh, you're right - I was thinking of attacks. They can still shotgun. But spells can't. That makes me sad :( On a side note, that does free up 2 ring slots for my build! but my single target might be lacking.. i'll have to rework some stuff around and see.

This is a tree that i've made in preperation for the new league. Going to be playing HC SSF.

Level 90 tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAJD6321Mi-9La3rIv9QH3I3fsIIQj6ZEq1WuLJyvm-vumuBFnVNSbIzAZgSzogDwH2jy4XOaO-081aaCm-w4OtgnL5BVGjiFe2ZUGF2t8X7H-dvkIhpsNukkqhZv42qdrgN1kStYd18EpwjYJFZIYqyD21XGOljrY18qK3gfxy2LbRkI9MBUakMi9GwLkyfviPk3189JsX_GoqNRdI7pppkRlgcelS7w1UlRDkhd8p7Epr5UR4w2VUth4iaVFr8rChEvOw0RDzbFrJjxbDbYSRsqjexV34ofQQMe5YsQWIdlnao2PZUEBAcfAjI06-Tv6w==

Using C2F gem to get 50% fire conversion to get more damage through double dipping and a bit more damage from ignite. Don't really want to use Pyre as i would like to still be able to shatter to proc the First Snow effect as well.

Using 2 first snows should allow your single target to be fine i think whilst still allowing for good trash clear with 5 projectiles. You can maybe just swap in slower projectiles somewhere.

My main links are going to be FP - Spell Echo - Controlled Destruction - C2F - (Haven't decided on 5th link yet, thinking of Faster Casting/Hypothermia/Empower if i get one). Hell, might just use added cold because of FP 125% dmg effectiveness.
~3945 18/12/2023
Last edited by Morelli_ on Feb 20, 2017, 9:44:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info