Pages from the Upcoming Path of Exile Art Book

"
"
Are you guys at GGG high ?

If so I got some more quality suggestions for your "art book":

Fixed , guess these images pass the moral test.

that chicken <3 .
Hm...not very thrilled about the armband and the hat. All the rest is fine and would totally fit into the dark fantasy style the game has harbored so far. But the waaaay too obvious Nazi-references are just plain immersion breaking. It could have been any other armband, really. Also, the leather cap? While we so far have seen nothing remotely in this direction of clothing? Until now all the clothing has been inspired by stuff not later than 19th century, and then all of a sudden this 20th century cap. Does not fit for me.

So, yeah, I'm not even saying this solely because I'm a German (and I do feel that somebody is trying here to be a bit too edgy for no reasons), but because I am really put off by it from an art perspective - very strange choice...

Oh, and just a quick response to the surprising amount of people who do apparently not know how historic insensitivity works: There is a difference to approaching a (dark) chapter of human history on a general level (violence, racism and so on) and to make clear cut reference to a certain group/time/place that has a unmistakable connection to a real world phenomenon or group (let's say the racism in the game would be committed by people in white cowls and KKK-like badges or by people in a uniform that would very closely resemble an american police uniform). Not that the latter part would not be fine, but it would need a lot more context to not feel like a tacked on provocation without any substance.

Bottom line: I do not see the necessity to make such a clear cut reference to the third reich, since there are so many easy ways of conveying the thralls of a fascist state without it.
"
AeshMezareph wrote:
Bottom line: I do not see the necessity to make such a clear cut reference to the third reich, since there are so many easy ways of conveying the thralls of a fascist state without it.
I guess GGG decided that more subtle way would be too subtle for 3.0 target audience.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
This is my first ever complaint.

Part of this artwork, the Nazi symbolism, is in very poor taste, not very creative and totally out of place. (Check's system clock if it's April 1st.)

To anyone who these symbols mean anything, they are completely immersion breaking.

To me as a German player, these are downright offensive.

They will lead to a huge ammount of political chat and hate speech in-game.

Considering that you have removed skulls and shackled ladies from your artwork before, because they could be considered offensive in some communities, this has certainly not been reviewed with the same scrutiny.

You don't need Nazi symbols to carry your artistic idea. On the contrary, they are distracting and just generally poorly done.

Don't. Just don't. Very easy to fix now. Very hard to fix later.
Archinquisitor, while I agree with you, what skulls are you talking about? SRS are still in the game, and there's a skull UI element over life/es orb.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Inn0c1nt wrote:
i don't think this nazi themed artwork is a good idea !

This.
Last edited by Falb on Feb 8, 2017, 3:31:30 AM
Looks amazing !

And btw the people who think that's a nazi patch go back to school please.

Keep up the good work !
"

And btw the people who think that's a nazi patch go back to school please.

Because then we might just learn that this looks very much like a nazi patch? ;)
All joke aside.

I think it looks amazing

Personally I dont give a shit if these guys would have SS symbols on, and been give a full nazi uniform.

The color theme of red and black is always a good combo for dark fantasy game, and there are many mobs like that in game already.

On a side note, if these would be put in game can we also get a usable crossbow for players?

better yet can we get a 1 handed crossbow so we can dual wield them :)?
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Why are you germans so butthurt?

I don't get it. It's not offensive in any way. In fact, it's part of your history. If you're offended by it, you need to go get treatment. Shit happened, learn to get over it. I could mildly understand if a jew was offended by that, not some regular german. If anything you should be ashamed, not offended x'D.

I do agree that in its current state it's immensely immersion breaking and honestly quite stupid to keep something like that for the future game. It's a joke, it shouldn't be something that stays in the game forever on a mob. These kind of clear references should only exist in special events (like Aprist 1st), because when you tell the same joke over and over, it stops being funny.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info