[3.2] 5 Flavors of Golems - Uber Elder and EVERY boss dead

"
MrMojoRising wrote:
I can't seem to figure out of a Lvl 4 Empower is better or a 20/20 Fire penetration for the red link.
Wondering if anyone can do the math or just knows which is better. I have a level 21 Fire Golem too so it makes it in total lvl 24.
Great build btw

I don't know the math behind it but I would go with if you're using a +1 or +2 chest go with empower, otherwise fire pen. Also a budget question, if you're doing content such as uber atziri where golems might die on uber trio, more hp from empower should help them a bit as well.

As an experiment, I've rerolled this build on hardcore playing solo selfmade (no handouts from friends pretty much) to see how it would go! Just got level 40, was able to afford a tabula rasa and am scrounging up to afford 2x clayshapers now. Have been playing bladefall totem (and prior to that selfcast firestorm) to this point and so far so good.

The trick is simply to convert everything into chaos. currency.poe.trade is a great source for this, just list whatever you have at the rates available. People buy chromes, alts and fusings all the time so pickup chrome items and make that $$$. Will update with more progress unless I die!
Progress of my hardcore elementalist so far:

Level 66, just got done with all quest-related stuff. Going to farm Dried Lake for a while before tackling maps. Passive tree is a mess but it does the trick. Will take a while until I progress into energy shield so for now I am life / hybrid.

I have 1 primordial harmony and 1 primordial eminence, no other golem jewels so far. I have a tabula rasa and 2x clayshapers, the rest are random rares I've picked up / crafted with essences I've stumbled upon. No handouts from other players.

Gear
Spoiler

Passive Tree

What I can say so far is that the build works great and as soon as you can equip the two clayshapers, leveling becomes a breeze. I currently use only one curse as blasphemy (enfeeble) and it ups my survivability by a lot. The golems get quite a lot of penetration via elemental equilibrium and their own fire penetration gem so damage hasn't been a problem for me at all. With this in mind I can say that flame golems will definitely be a great league starter unless they receive heavy nerfs.

Dude can you help me? Golem dont give a fuck about me ! i just die and they do nothing
This is my build
Spoiler

Some video will be nice for show gameplay
Last edited by MeganFox26 on Feb 13, 2017, 1:11:43 PM
"
allana wrote:
What I can say so far is that the build works great and as soon as you can equip the two clayshapers, leveling becomes a breeze. I currently use only one curse as blasphemy (enfeeble) and it ups my survivability by a lot. The golems get quite a lot of penetration via elemental equilibrium and their own fire penetration gem so damage hasn't been a problem for me at all. With this in mind I can say that flame golems will definitely be a great league starter unless they receive heavy nerfs.

Thanks for the post. I was contemplating doing a golem summoner as my first character in the new league. This seals it.
"
MeganFox26 wrote:
Dude can you help me? Golem dont give a fuck about me ! i just die and they do nothing
This is my build
Spoiler

Some video will be nice for show gameplay

hi!

The easiest upgrade you can make is to get either a 20/20 flame golem or even a 21/20 golem gem, since it ups their life, base damages etc.

I can't see your tree but the more primordial harmonies you have, the more golems regenerate. Mine has gotten to the point where only very strong degen (such as uber trio) can kill them. If shaper smashes them, they lose half their hp and regen it in seconds.

Also make sure you have the elementalist golem node so that they become immune to all elemental damage, it helps quite a lot as well. I'll see about making a recording of something, maybe I can do that tomorrow
Hi
Im having issues with Chimera on his smoke stage( Hexagolem CI Elementalist version). Would you please explain or even better if can post a video of how you pass that stage. I saw life based builds and it looks like they have an advantage in that situation as can use flasks when u constantly get hit.

Havent tried Uber Atziri nor am i interested, can clear all content no problem except Chimera :)

Thanks
"
Diesel1116 wrote:
Hi
Im having issues with Chimera on his smoke stage( Hexagolem CI Elementalist version). Would you please explain or even better if can post a video of how you pass that stage. I saw life based builds and it looks like they have an advantage in that situation as can use flasks when u constantly get hit.

Havent tried Uber Atziri nor am i interested, can clear all content no problem except Chimera :)

Thanks

It's going to be hard since you can't really reg ES quickly so my best suggestion would be to just use a quicksilver when he hides and run through the clouds as soon as you can, hoping you'll find him quickly enough. Chimera is by far the most annoying guardian to kill and it's the one I've killed the least among the 4, so I don't have that much experience with him. Remember armor flask also gives some bonus vs his hits
Hi There, thanks for this guide. I'm following your league ender tri-curse 6 golem setup. I actually started following a guide below yours the - how to play while watching TV one. It was pretty strong but man was I squishy. First hit would chunk out 90% of my health and stun me, next hit I was dead every time. I had all of the required gear he asked for too. It was so hit and miss I couldn't stand it.

So I made the switch over to your build (almost 80 regrets later) and dropped massive currency I have been saving on some of the bigger items and gems. Between your build and his build i'm easily at 20-30 ex in stuff now haha. Your version is way safer and i'm having a blast but was wondering if you could take a look and tell me if I could improve anywhere. I'm thinking that I should drop my chest for a high ES 6-link instead but that's another 5-10ex easily that i'm not sure I want to stomach right now. I've been doing every map no problem but really want to try out guardians and shaper as I have only started playing the game maybe 3 weeks ago now and really want to finish experiencing everything the game has to offer.

Another problem is I would LOVE to get your necklace, but I cant find one anywhere. I don't know how rare it is to get the additional curse version and if it would be worth it for me to drop potentially 100s of C to get and vaal a crapload of them. For now i'm using a doedre ring for the 3rd curse. I would love to free up that slot for more res / stats but for now I have to deal with it.

Thanks for any insight!
Last edited by coaa on Feb 21, 2017, 9:59:35 AM
Hi!

First of, your characters are currently invisible. If you go to your account (click the name at the top of the screen) and then click privacy settings to the bottom right you can enable so we can view your characters there.

As for the necklace, it was a real stroke of luck for me to get it and I would suggest just sticking to Doedre's unless you happen to get it (it's something like 1 in 125 to corrupt it - the resell value is maybe 20 ex or so)

Shaper is pretty easy as it is, especially if you play softcore. Technically you can just die and let the golems finish off each phase but where's the fun in that, the build is very viable in clearing him properly as well - which means it has more than enough DPS to kill the adds so that Zana will be alive to provide you with the defensive bubble.

Skin of the Loyal is a great budget option but you'll be more starved for ES. You might not get 11k but 8-9k with it should still be possible.

Uber Atziri is pretty easy but the Trio before her is hard. I would make sure you can recast golems (probably skipping the damage blasphemy curse) so that you can keep resummoning them and make sure you kill the cycloner last.

When it comes to guardian, phoenix is the easiest one and Chimera is probably hardest. Minotaur / Hydra are about equal I would say.

Best of luck!
Thanks for the advise, I think I unhid it now. Yeah I'm at almost 8k es right now with the skin and so far it's fine was just worried about shaper and such with that low but I think I'll dive in and try it. I think I'm around 30 chalupa amulets now and no luck haha.

Update: Shaper down x3. Not deathless though. Still learning the ins and outs of the fight but was able to go pretty far into the fight before I had to take a nap and the golems had to finish up my mess by the 3rd fight. Got some good drops and think I will just have to keep practicing him (currency permitted) to get it down right. His 3rd phase is just so hectic at times!

I'm going to try the guardians tonight which should give me another shaper kill as well.
Last edited by coaa on Feb 22, 2017, 1:29:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info