Q and A about what it means to follow Christ

"
sarahaustin wrote:
Religion is mass delusion and a control tool for the weak minded and used to persecute minorities such as women, people of color and LGBT people.

I would challenge you to read the book of Matthew. It may change your mind. If you read the Bible, you will see that Jesus Christ preached against persecution of any kind, calling us to "Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." And, "But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you..."

I do agree that people have screwed it up and done those things--and sometimes said it was in god's name--but I assure you that God had no part in any of the persecution you talk about.
Last edited by Tribulation on Jan 26, 2017, 10:35:25 PM
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Religion is mass delusion and a control tool for the weak minded and used to persecute minorities such as women, people of color and LGBT people.
That's an odd term to refer to the Democratic Party. I'd use "cult" instead.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 26, 2017, 9:11:39 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
That's an odd term to refer to the Democratic Party. I'd use "cult" instead.

You mean the republican party, theyre the ones trying to ban marriage equality, ban trans women from womens bathrooms and think they need religious freedom bills to discriminate against others.
"
Tribulation wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:

I would challenge you to read the book of Matthew. It may change your mind. If you read the Bible, you will see that Jesus Christ preached against persecution of any kind, calling us to "Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." And, "But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you..."

I do agree that people have screwed it up, and sometimes said it was in god's name, but I assure you that God had no part in any of the persecution you talk about.

I was reading through I'm 100% positive one of the two are occurring:

1. You're questioning your faith

or

2. You're being passive aggressive in spreading the word of God.

As a troll as I might be if anyone knows me by now I've been on these forums for a long time and tell it like it is. While it's all good and dandy to talk about religion this is a forum where young adults have an opportunity to express themselves and their views. However as a responsible adults we have to be careful on how we approach sensitive topics such as religion.

No religion can or will recruit on these forums... I've have many Christian friends and I have let go of many friends because of Christianity. Christianity is a way of life and the main goal in any religion is to have followers recruit. So keep that in mind... I'm watching.

Edit: I'm pretty sure there's a bible study club or organization near your place of residence... That's a better venue.

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Jan 26, 2017, 10:34:00 PM
"
solwitch wrote:

or

As a troll as I might be if anyone knows me by now I've been on these forums for a long time and tell it like it is. While it's all good and dandy to talk about religion this is a forum where young adults have an opportunity to express themselves and their views. However as a responsible adults we have to be careful on how we approach sensitive topics such as religion.

No religion can or will recruit on these forums... I've have many Christian friends and I have let go of many friends because of Christianity. Christianity is a way of life and the main goal in any religion is to have followers recruit. So keep that in mind... I'm watching.

Edit: I'm pretty sure there's a bible study club or organization near your place of residence... That's a better venue.

What have I said that seems passive aggressive or that I question God?

I have been a gamer for quite some time, and even addicted to gaming for a fair amount of that time. I have control over it now, but I am well aware of just how little Christ gets mentioned in this world (games) that I am a part of. What better place for me to try to spread the Gospel of Christ than in the world that I have experience in?

Sure, meeting with people who also believe in Christ in an attempt to strengthen each other to follow Christ is one facet, but another is trying to reach those who do not believe in Christ. That is what this is about. I am trying to dispel misconceptions that people have about Christ.
Last edited by Tribulation on Jan 26, 2017, 10:44:30 PM
"
Tribulation wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:

or

What have I said that seems passive aggressive or that I question God?

I have been a gamer for quite some time, and even addicted to gaming for a fair amount of that time. I have control over it now, but I am well aware of just how little Christ gets mentioned in this world (games) that I am a part of. What better place for me to try to spread the Gospel of Christ than in the world that I have experience in?

Sure, meeting with people who also believe in Christ in an attempt to strengthen each other to follow Christ is one facet, but another is trying to reach those who do not believe in Christ. That is what this is about.

Hey you want to spread the word of God on the forums alright with me, I just wanted the community to know their being recruited that's all. Again I was right. I have to admit the title of the thread "Q ans A" really hid the overtone of your purpose.

Also you're not suppose to be playing PoE or any Christian for that matter. Again Christianity is a way of life... The devil comes in many forms and PoE dark eccentric style is no place for a Christian. Much of PoE design come from a polish artist who went mad. ^.^

Edit: Not implying that PoE is evil ;)
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Jan 26, 2017, 10:50:37 PM
Oh snap, all that writing and somehow this post was blank. *sigh*
Last edited by Tribulation on Jan 26, 2017, 11:24:50 PM
"
solwitch wrote:

Hey you want to spread the word of God on the forums alright with me, I just wanted the community to know their being recruited that's all. Again I was right. I have to admit the title of the thread "Q ans A" really hid the overtone of your purpose.

Also you're not suppose to be playing PoE or any Christian for that matter. Again Christianity is a way of life... The devil comes in many forms and PoE dark eccentric style is no place for a Christian. Much of PoE design come from a polish artist who went mad. ^.^

Edit: Not implying that PoE is evil ;)

Playing a game is not evil ( I see your edit now ). There is an important concept here. It is our hearts that make something evil, not the act itself.

I can play games now and it isn't evil because they are in their rightful place. I pursue a relationship with God, work, invest time in my Wife and kids, and if I have any leftover time (which, sure, isn't much), I can enjoy playing games.

When I was addicted to play games, it wasn't good because playing games was my god (little 'g'). I was using games to get all my happiness out of life, which games were not meant to do, so I had to play more and more and more to feel that happiness. Everything else was second. Not good--the rest of my life went poorly.

Also, "recruited" is semantically incorrect. It has quite a negative connotation in this context. I am here to dispel any misconceptions about Christ and what it means to pursue a relationship with Christ. I can't make anyone follow God. I can't "recruit" anyone to be a Christian.
Last edited by Tribulation on Jan 26, 2017, 11:45:15 PM
"
Tribulation wrote:

Also, "recruited" is semantically incorrect. It has quite a negative connotation in this context. I am here to dispel any misconceptions about Christ and what it means to pursue a relationship with Christ. I can't make anyone follow God. I can't "recruit" anyone to be a Christian.

Since you thanked me for my last question with exquisite politeness but failed to answer it, I'll try with another: what are the misconceptions about Christ you want to dispel?
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
sarahaustin wrote:

Copy-paste straight out of some SJW pamphlet?

* Women are not a minority.
* "People of color" are not a general minority. In some places "people of color" ARE the religious persecutors.
* LGBT people are killed on sight guess where? In the land of SJW's most favoured religion of peace.

Ontopic:

"Following Christ" is simply following the New testament. Most Christians don't bother themselves with old testament trivia and other legacy silliness. That's more a Jewish thing. I'm not religious, but still hate it when (usually atheists) immediately jump to the "flat earth" assumptions about religious people.

Or maybe it's me who was raised in a "religiously-lite" environment? I don't picture anyone actually believing that Moses parted the red sea, for example. Yet, all those people sitting at mass are still religious. The priest tells me that God created Earth and the scientist tells me that the universe spontaneously came into existence from a single infinitely dense point. Sounds similar to me - you have to be faithful to accept either of the explanations.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info