Q and A about what it means to follow Christ

Q: In which way is your sect different compared to the witnesses or scienlology?
This is a great thread, going to bump this.
If for what ever reason you enjoyed my half a thousand posts in the account PrinceOfPuddles you should will find the same Elemental Hit lover on this account. Probation no longer closes shops so I have no fear to use my acualy acount instead of my alt. Also showing off my new supporter tags ~ _,~
"
Kellog wrote:
Why should I believe in God?

Simple, because it is only through God that you get to heaven.
I want cut scenes damnit.

How can you not like steak?
"
"
Kellog wrote:
Why should I believe in God?

Simple, because it is only through God that you get to heaven.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this life with its 'God' and heaven turned out to all be a ruse à la the tv show 'the good place'. What better way to torment a soul in hell than to trick them into believing they could actually get out of it.
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Apr 16, 2017, 12:08:29 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Are pants optional to follow Christ?

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."
-Galatians 6:7
"
No.

Stop.

Is it moral for one human being to own another human being as property?

This is not a hard question.

And yet, that is clearly how it is described in the bible. You can argue that it is friendly, happy, nice, kind slavery, but the fact is that we are still referring to a system in which one man is a person, and one man is property. Note I said "man", because women were just generally considered property, and were subject to different (disgusting, rapey) rules.

Meanwhile, the bible contrasts its friendly and light treatment of hebrew slaves with how to purchase property that you can bequeath unto your sons and whose children continue to be your property. From Leviticus 25:

"
As for your male and female slaves whom you may have—you may acquire male and female slaves from the pagan nations that are around you. 45‘Then, too, it is out of the sons of the sojourners who live as aliens among you that you may gain acquisition, and out of their families who are with you, whom they will have produced in your land; they also may become your possession. 46‘You may even bequeath them to your sons after you, to receive as a possession; you can use them as permanent slaves. But in respect to your countrymen, the sons of Israel, you shall not rule with severity over one another.

And yes, that's directly after the part where it speaks about israelite indentured servitude. What the perfect moral center of your religion explicitly legislated for his chosen people was chattel slave trade.

The word used is often mixed up in translation to mean a slave or property of another, when in fact it actually means someone who works for another and serves them - as in a hired servant. There is a lot of confusion in translation around slave vs servant and they didn't even mean the same thing back then that they do today, so it is not accurate to compare the two or say they are the same thing.
Last edited by Darkfyre on Apr 16, 2017, 2:14:54 PM
Long story short, this is what it means to follow Christ:

You recognize and confess that He is Lord over all, and that He suffered and died on the cross as a completely sufficient sacrifice for all of your sins, and rose from the dead, conquering death and hell and sin, and is alive in heaven.
You consciously substitute His will for yours.
You love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul.
You follow His teachings, and His commandments.
You trust Him - that what He says is true, without exception.
Some of the nicest people I've met were pretty about Jesus.

Never tried to force anything on me though.
anything is everything
"
Manocean wrote:
Some of the nicest people I've met were pretty about Jesus.

Never tried to force anything on me though.

Neither did Jesus ;)

He lets you choose whatever you want. Of course He makes it painfully clear what is the result of each choice too. Informed decisions, my man..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info