[2.5.2]CI HoWa BladeFlurry(72,000+ Tool-Tip), CRIT, Uber/Shaper/Guardian Deletion (Video Guide)

UPDATE: Initially my tool-tip was around 45,000. Then I got it up to ~60,000. Finally I made a couple more changes and we've hit over 72,000 tool-tip. Since we have a lot of penetration from the tree/flask (and lightning resistance reduction from Conductivity) we no longer need the lightning penetration gem in the 6-link. The lightning penetration gem falls into diminishing returns, and thus we can do more damage output with these latest changes. I've done a couple of Shaper runs with the new changes, and the difference is quite significant, the boss dies much quicker now. Watch the video below for gear/tool-tip showcase. Keep in mind that you can still make your own changes (i.e. i didn't use vaal haste/vaal discipline which can be socketed into one of the free slots).

A lot of my viewers have been asking me to do a build using the Hand of Wisdom And Action Claws. Video Guide is below. If you have any questions related to this build, please feel free to ask.

To understand why Lightning Penetration can have diminishing returns, please read:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Resistance_penetration

Total Penetration:
14% (from the tree)
10% (from Vinktars)
=24% Lightning Penetration

Total Reduced Lightning Resistance (this is not the same as lightning penetration):
Up to 49.5% (from Conductivity + increased curse effectiveness)

For most cases, you won't even need to curse. The only time you would need to curse is when you encounter mobs with heavy resistances.

We can take Shaper (HP: 4,266,504) for example, who has 40 lightning resistance (ref: poedb.tw/us). Conductivity will reduce Shaper's lightning resistance from 40% to about 20.2% (Bosses have a 0.6 less curse effectiveness multiplier, thus our 49.5% becomes 19.8%. 40% - 19.8 = 20.2%). After the resistance reduction (which is NOT the same as penetration) is applied from the curse then the penetration (from our tree/flask) is applied, in this case 24% Lightning penetration would bring the Shaper's effective resistance on hit to -3.8%. This is where we get diminishing returns and the main reason why Lightning Penetration was dropped from the 6-link (which you can read about in the link above).

Videos:
HoWa BF Shaper Run

HoWa BF Video Guide

Gear and 72,000+ Tool-Tip Showcase

Screenshot of Tool-Tip:

CI Shadow Assassin Class Tree:
Level 91

Bandits:
Skill Point - Attack Speed - Max Power Charge (+1)

Auras:
Discipline
Wrath

Curses:
Elemental Weakness
Conductivity

Buffs:
Herald of Thunder
Blood Rage

(New Updated) My Current Gear:

(OLD) My Current Gear:
Concentrated effect for bosses, increased AoE for mapping.

Jewels:
These are the current jewels that I'm using. Jewels should be used to fulfill any requirements that are missing (i.e. resistances, ES...etc).

Flasks:
This is what I currently use. You can switch them out per your preference. Flasks should be used based on circumstances. You can also use a sulphur flask for another 40% increased damage.

Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Feb 3, 2017, 11:38:06 AM
Last bumped on May 8, 2017, 8:48:36 PM
You also made the Scourge build which i am playing (lvl 90, just awesome). now i saw this build, which build do u think is better? your scourch or this howa? in the video i couldn't understand ur opinion. did u say scourch is better or worse? :)
How does this do against reflect?
"
vidicii wrote:
You also made the Scourge build which i am playing (lvl 90, just awesome). now i saw this build, which build do u think is better? your scourch or this howa? in the video i couldn't understand ur opinion. did u say scourch is better or worse? :)

In terms of damage (end-game) the Scourge claw build is better. I did the Howa build because people were asking for it, so now you have a couple of options.

"
How does this do against reflect?

Reflect can be trouble. I would avoid doing elemental reflect maps.

If you want to minimize reflect damage you could go with Witch-Elementalist and get Paragon of Calamity.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Jan 28, 2017, 9:30:28 PM
After seeing your rudeness and arrogance on display in veritaserum's build thread, I feel inclined to give you a taste of your own medicine. I've seen your so-called 'claims'. The sheer amount of bullshit you've spouted, the vast majority without any evidence to back them up is simply incredible.

Quoting your entire original post with a screenshot of the title for evidence before you rename/move stuff around the way you did your youtube video.
Spoiler

"
A lot of my viewers have been asking me to do a build using the Hand of Wisdom And Action Claws. Video Guide is below. It has 50+ Lightning Penetration and 88%+ Lightning resistance reduction (huge damage boost). If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Videos:
HoWa BF Shaper Run

HoWa BF Video Guide

CI Shadow Assassin Class Tree:
Level 91

Bandits:
Skill Point - Attack Speed - Max Power Charge (+1)

Auras:
Discipline
Wrath

Curses:
Elemental Weakness
Conductivity

Buffs:
Herald of Thunder
Blood Rage

My Current Gear:

Jewels:
These are the current jewels that I'm using. Jewels should be used to fulfill any requirements that are missing (i.e. resistances, ES...etc).

Flasks:
This is what I currently use. You can switch them out per your preference. Flasks should be used based on circumstances.

Now, let's analyse some of your bullshit. In your youtube video. You originally posted it with 45k damage tooltip without providing any evidence of how you managed to get it. You also replied to someone who told you that raider was better by saying that 'you've tried raider and it does less damage'. After I posted my comment a few days ago stating that I achieved 54k with raider, your only response was then to change the video title from 45k damage to 60k damage without providing any further evidence of how you've managed to achieve '60k'. You still have not addressed the questions in my comment.

Here's a screenshot of the comments before you decide to censor those as well.

In your original post in this thread, you've stated:

"
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

You have given permission, therefore I will take my liberty in asking:

1. Why is your profile private? Are you so ashamed of your characters and your builds that you've hidden them so people can't prove you wrong?
2. Did you even really play raider or is that just one of your many rubbish claims?
3. Why do you feel the need to shoot down other people's build threads? Are you that afraid of competition?

Of course, I expect that you'll just ignore my questions as usual the way you've ignored all the questions other people have asked when it revolves around casting doubts on your dps figures.

Any way, returning to this particular topic on hand:

Your assasin HoWA only reached 45k with the following details, some of which you've conveniently neglected to mention.

1. Having blood rage on (which drains your ES) to obtain frenzy charges to boost your damage as well as having conc. effect linked.
2. You have skyforths, an expensive unique.
3. You do not have stun immunity or elemental status immunity.
4. You have 8k+ ES.

A semi-crit raider version can reach 54k with conc. effect linked:
1. Without having blood rage on
2. Without using an expensive unique such as skyforth
3. With stun immunity AND elemental status immunity
4. With 13k+ ES

Given the above comparisons, I'll let the viewers of this thread decide for themselves which is stronger, Raider HoWA or Assassin HoWA.

Now, why don't you stick to your own threads and stop spreading your bullshit in other players' threads.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"My friends, my friends," having watched a couple of his streams, I couldn't watch anymore [Removed by Support].
Last edited by Tyrone_GGG on Jan 29, 2017, 3:46:00 AM
UPDATE: Initially my tool-tip was around 45,000. Then I got it up to ~60,000. Finally I made a couple more changes and we've hit over 72,000 tool-tip. Since we have a lot of penetration from the tree/flask (and lightning resistance reduction from Conductivity) we no longer need the lightning penetration gem in the 6-link. The lightning penetration gem falls into diminishing returns, and thus we can do more damage output with these latest changes. I've done a couple of Shaper runs with the new changes, and the difference is quite significant, the boss dies much quicker now. Watch the video below for gear/tool-tip showcase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrFa5XVJnk4
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
"
UPDATE: Initially my tool-tip was around 45,000. Then I got it up to ~60,000. Finally I made a couple more changes and we've hit over 72,000 tool-tip. Since we have a lot of penetration from the tree/flask (and lightning resistance reduction from Conductivity) we no longer need the lightning penetration gem in the 6-link. The lightning penetration gem falls into diminishing returns, and thus we can do more damage output with these latest changes. I've done a couple of Shaper runs with the new changes, and the difference is quite significant, the boss dies much quicker now. Watch the video below for gear/tool-tip showcase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrFa5XVJnk4

Not sure if serious or trolling.

I quote:
"
Since we have a lot of penetration from the tree/flask (and lightning resistance reduction from Conductivity) we no longer need the lightning penetration gem in the 6-link.

You have somehow presumed that lightning penetration is no longer necessary and that you can deal more damage with the latest change. On what basis do you conclude that? Versus what kind of mobs? White mobs? Bosses?

I am alarmed. [Removed by Support] Please do not just simply reference graphs/images/resources without even understanding how they apply to your character/situations/etc.

Let us analyse your stats step-by-step.

Your last known deducible tooltip with lightning penetration (I say deducible because you never even mentioned how you got to 60k+) was 45k+ (even this I had to work out for myself), which was with blood rage and conc. effect. You didn't use ancestral warchief or atziri's flask for your 45k tooltip example. In order to provide for a fair comparison with your 72k tooltip example, I shall boost your 45k tooltip example with ancestral warchief + atziri's flask as well, which will boost it to 62,469. And this is with lightning penetration.

Now, here we have two separate examples:
1. 62,469 with a lightning penetration gem.
2. 72,615 without a lightning penetration gem.

Your tree has 14% lightning penetration on it. Conductivity gives another 44% lightning penetration.

White Mobs
Overall, this is what we have,
1. 62,469 with a lightning penetration gem has a total of 95% penetration VS white mobs
2. 72,615 w/o a lightning penetration gem has a total of 58% penetration VS white mobs

Versus white mobs, your effective dps would be approx:
1. 121,814
2. 114,731

Note, this is just for white mobs.
It doesn't even take into account bosses/rares with ele resist mods and not even maps that can spawn ele equilibrium/elemental resistance mods altogether? Even if you have a surprising lack of ambition and just farm dried lake the whole day, you still do less damage to white mobs without lightning penetration than with.

Let us continue our analysis further.

Versus Bosses (Curses have 60% less effect. Bet you didn't know that!)
1. 62,469 with a lightning penetration gem has a total of 68% penetration VS bosses
2. 72,615 w/o a lightning penetration gem has a total of 31% penetration VS bosses

Versus bosses your effective dps would be approx:
1. 104,947.2
2. 95,121.65

Versus white mobs in maps with +40% ele resist
1. 62,469 with a lightning penetration gem has a total of 55% penetration VS white mobs
2. 72,615 w/o a lightning penetration gem has a total of 18% penetration VS white mobs

Versus white mobs with +40% ele resists, your effective dps would be approx:
1. 96,826.85
2. 86,685.7

Therefore, in all situations with regards to your character, having lightning penetration is better than not having it.

Additionally, I am pretty sure the %less damage on non-crits from Marylene's Fallacy does not factor into your tooltip DPS. Considering your crit chance with Marylene's Fallacy is actually just 67.6%, that means at least 32% of your hits will not be crits and will deal 40% damage, so your actual damage is actually moderately lower than 72,615!

Now, since we were talking about DPS figures in a bid to disprove your sweeping over-generalisation that raider HoWA is weaker than assassin HoWA, I'll show you my character with the exact same buffs as your character had.

So, the raider has more DPS, way more ES + stun-immune and elemental-status immune to boot.

You know, I used to be mildly impressed by that DPS figure on your scourge BF thread. But now, after seeing all the different measures you take to boost your DPS to those numbers as well as your low ES (which is a persistently recurring theme), I'm no longer impressed at all. No wonder you keep your profile private!

Now, tell me, how does it feel like being on the receiving end of an unwelcome thread invasion?

P.S. I like the way you commented on the video with regards to tooltip dps warrioring when you're the ultimate tooltip dps warrior in poe i've ever deigned to take notice of, but only because of your lack of manners rather than any actual skill.
Build of the Week 14
Last edited by Sarah on Feb 7, 2017, 5:15:29 PM
"
Invalesco wrote:
After seeing your rudeness and arrogance on display in veritaserum's build thread, I feel inclined to give you a taste of your own medicine. I've seen your so-called 'claims'. The sheer amount of bullshit you've spouted, the vast majority without any evidence to back them up is simply incredible.

^^ Invalesco Very Good !

Oh Boy! Zabosnu !
Told you not to write too much bullshit. Now u see.
But we will remember you. As ->
Impolite,rude ignorant daydreaming paper dps tooltip warrior.
Not providing any facts, making wrong calculations.
It's a shame, you are talking about ANY Min/Maxing in your Guides !

Now go on posting your wise comments !

Greetings.
Last edited by veritaserum on Jan 30, 2017, 3:28:54 PM
"

To understand why Lightning Penetration can have diminishing returns, please read:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Resistance_penetration

Total Penetration:
14% (from the tree)
10% (from Vinktars)
=24% Lightning Penetration

Total Reduced Lightning Resistance (this is not the same as lightning penetration):
Up to 49.5% (from Conductivity + increased curse effectiveness)

For most cases, you won't even need to curse. The only time you would need to curse is when you encounter mobs with heavy resistances.

We can take Shaper (HP: 4,266,504) for example, who has 40 lightning resistance (ref: poedb.tw/us). Conductivity will reduce Shaper's lightning resistance from 40% to about 20.2% (Bosses have a 0.6 less curse effectiveness multiplier, thus our 49.5% becomes 19.8%. 40% - 19.8 = 20.2%). After the resistance reduction (which is NOT the same as penetration) is applied from the curse then the penetration (from our tree/flask) is applied, in this case 24% Lightning penetration would bring the Shaper's effective resistance on hit to -3.8%. This is where we get diminishing returns and the main reason why Lightning Penetration was dropped from the 6-link (which you can read about in the link above).

(New Updated) My Current Gear:

(OLD) My Current Gear:

Jewels:

Flasks:
This is what I currently use. You can switch them out per your preference. Flasks should be used based on circumstances. You can also use a sulphur flask for another 40% increased damage.

I see that you have ninja-edited your original post without replying to my post. Are you just trying to avoid bumping a thread which isn't complimenting you on your tooltip dps warrioring for once?

You must have acrobatics and phase acrobatics in real life. Because you are proving to be an expert dodger.

I have bold-ed and italicis-ed above the main statement of yours which I will address.

Firstly, yes. I agree that penetration and resistance is not the same. I was being too generic by grouping them into the same category because they do not grossly make any difference to your effective dps.

"
Conductivity will reduce Shaper's lightning resistance from 40% to about 20.2% (Bosses have a 0.6 less curse effectiveness multiplier, thus our 49.5% becomes 19.8%. 40% - 19.8 = 20.2%)

I like the way you use a level 21 conductivity for your calculation despite having only a level 20 conductivity in your gear. Nevertheless, this is a minor issue.

"
After the resistance reduction (which is NOT the same as penetration) is applied from the curse then the penetration (from our tree/flask) is applied, in this case 24% Lightning penetration would bring the Shaper's effective resistance on hit to -3.8%. This is where we get diminishing returns and the main reason why Lightning Penetration was dropped from the 6-link (which you can read about in the link above).

Let me get this right, you are basing your reasoning for removing the lightning penetration gem from your links on the basis of some graph which states that you get diminishing returns as penetration increases without considering what it does to your actual dps? And you dare to call yourself a min-maxer?

Let's dissect this in detail:

Based on your current gear, your tree and your links, you are proposing to your audience and stream viewers that a tooltip average damage of 72,615.5 (which is based on 3 frenzy charges, all your power charges, conc. effect linked, ancestral warchief activated, atziri flask activated and your gear above) and which does not have lightning penetration gem is superior to your previous set up and gear where you would have 62,469 average damage in the same conditions with lightning penetration gem linked.

Let's call the former scenario A and the latter scenario B. For the purposes of simplicity, we shall assume that the added damage from atziri's flask is also lightning instead of chaos and will benefit from lightning pen/conductivity.

Scenario A: as you've mentioned. Shaper's effective resistance would be -3.8%.
Scenario B: with lightning penetration gem, Shaper's effective resistance would be -40.8%.

Scenario A: your effective dps would be 72615 x 1.038 = 75,374.37
Scenario B: your effective dps would be 62469 x 1.408 = 87,956.352

There is your proof that having lightning penetration in is superior to having lightning penetration out in your current set up. And despite my previous post highlighting this, you still persist in trying to convince your viewers that having lightning penetration out is better than having lightning penetration in. For what, for higher tooltip dps even if your effective dps is lesser? Based on a graph that says penetration provides diminishing returns without understanding how your character fits into all of this?

Speaking of which, I should highlight an error in one of my calculations in my previous post.

"
1. 62,469 with a lightning penetration gem has a total of 68% penetration VS bosses
2. 72,615 w/o a lightning penetration gem has a total of 31% penetration VS bosses

1. 104,947.2
2. 95,121.65

I forgot to take into account resistances when doing those calculations. Therefore the gulf/difference in dps between the two is actually greater than what I mentioned. It should be:

Overall, this is what we have. assuming bosses have 30% lightning res in general
1. 62,469 with a lightning penetration gem has a total of 38% penetration VS bosses
2. 72,615 w/o a lightning penetration gem has a total of 1% penetration VS bosses

1. 86,207.22
2. 73,341.15

Now, do you see why having lightning pen in is better than having it out? Audience and stream viewers beware. Do not be deceived.
Build of the Week 14

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info