Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

It would be absolutely wonderful to have such a feature. Definitely worth it.
"
[...]
In relation to the SSF, I'm happy about it. I've only had one character that I ever bought anything for. It felt exactly like I was cheating when I equipped the gear. I'll be playing that method from now on again.

I know that feel, buying stuff just doesn't feel right :D
Maybe some day when i truly want to conquer the endgame.. but i guess i would have to lay of the HC too to reach that far.

Will be cool to have a separate ladder for most of my chars which never buy anything anyway ^_^
Hmmm.... Make an offline mode so that the character is really solo self-found and when you connect to the server you can upload the character? Or something of the sort :)
I like this a lot. My only thought is that when playing SSF I still like to pop into a party and help a lowbie with a problem now and then, not picking up any items (and getting essentially no XP for lower level content). Not absolutely essential, but hearing a new player frustrated because they don't understand how to handle Brutus or a new league mechanic or something leaves me wanting to help them if I can. Same with giving away a level 1 skill gem I don't need.

If the SSF and non-SSF league chats are combined (which I think makes sense), having to explain that I'm prohibited from helping or handing them a few scrolls of wisdom because of a self-selected limitation might get old. Of course, allowing grouping as long as I don't get anything from it or trading as long as I don't receiving anything is a lot more complexity to implement.

So maybe the biggest issue for me is realizing that playing SSF in a combined chat world would mean watching people fail to get help I can offer and learning to live with it.

Call it the "learning to set boundaries" feature or something.
Solid.
"
arc_l wrote:
Hmmm.... Make an offline mode so that the character is really solo self-found and when you connect to the server you can upload the character? Or something of the sort :)

NO.
This is how you get hacked characters. Remember Diablo 2's Open Battle.net?
This is just literally how I've always played the game-- I'm just not big on multiplayer experiences, I guess ^^
Bring it on! thats me that is :D
"
GoBBLeS666 wrote:
Uhm, could we have everlasting instances in normal playthroughs then?

I've always found it weird with the 8/15 minute reset of instances. It really detracts from my enjoyment of finding new items, as I have this timer breathing down my neck, when experimenting in town.

Why is it there in the first place?

Many people, including myself, will run many instances before old ones expire. It is not uncommon if speed running an instance and creating a new one, to have 6+ instances available. If these did not automatically time out, it would put significant stress on their servers I presume.

"
Xowl wrote:

If the SSF and non-SSF league chats are combined (which I think makes sense), having to explain that I'm prohibited from helping or handing them a few scrolls of wisdom because of a self-selected limitation might get old. Of course, allowing grouping as long as I don't get anything from it or trading as long as I don't receiving anything is a lot more complexity to implement.

So maybe the biggest issue for me is realizing that playing SSF in a combined chat world would mean watching people fail to get help I can offer and learning to live with it.

They had described placing a barrier for entry, such as rescuing the scion before allowing SSF. If they have the opportunity to play SSF, they should at least have minimal knowledge of the game.
IGN: EmptyPalms
Last edited by EmptyPalms on Jan 23, 2017, 12:52:38 PM
Awesome!!! That is all I play is SSF :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info