**--__The Life of the Exile. Thanks GGG <3

"
golan4840 wrote:
Is the average PoE player really older than 27? It must be lower than that imo.

You make that sound like a bad thing. I've never been a huge Online gamer, mostly stay to my single player experiences. Played League of Legends from beta to season 5.... to which the community got so toxic, but most players were younger than 20. I loved Overwatch in it's early days before it became large, and now the mics are filled with kids under 20, instead of fully grown, mature adults like it did in it's 10 months. And... while I don't have a vast pool of online games to pull from(Personal experience.) I have noticed, that those that have a majority of players that are 25 years + in age, are generally the better games.

The game its self really is only 50% of it, most of the time. The other 50% is the community. One can be very good, the other very bad. League of Legends is a perfect example of amazing gameplay, but shotty community. While games like Runescape have shitty gameplay, but an amazing community. I mean sure, there's people that will play them either way, they're not terrible, just lacking overall quality.

Path of Exile is a perfect mix of Amazing Gameplay and Amazing community. Partly due to the fact that people who play it are generally older, so they're more prone to help their fellow player, also be patient, and be able to carry on intellectual conversations. Instead of, "I have issues at home, so I am going to vent out on random people, as if it was their fault."

Most of the people on my friends list, who have shared their age(, some prefer not to, and I more than understand that.) Are over the age of 30. I have someone in my guild who is 60 years old. And I shit you not, conversations with him, always leave me feeling good, whether its just good connections with a person who listens, or its something you're learning from him.

I'm not saying young'ns can't teach you nothing, but I am saying. Being in a community with people who have long dealt away with their newly pubescent angst.... is a lot more fulfilling.
"You're my Sword's canvas."
~Totes Adorbs.
3.0 Hype!
~Totes Adorbs.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Damn, we can't post pets anymore. Stash items yes, mtx items no. Hoping that's a temporary issue.

I hope it's fixed... nope. Whelp, At least the Original Post has the images..
~Totes Adorbs.
Last edited by Totes_Adorbs on Oct 26, 2017, 1:04:31 AM
The Waffle
~Totes Adorbs.
Plum tuckered
~Totes Adorbs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type