[2.6] LL Ele Wander Raider ~ Insane clear speed/Shaper/Guardians - 225k Barrage tooltip

I had fun crafting gear for this build but found that it was too reliant on pots for survival, which is the opposite of the Slayer I am more familiar playing. May till puch 100 with it, but won't be doing any other content.

Last edited by Kruciall on Feb 2, 2017, 12:03:06 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
"
Nephalim wrote:
Something else impressive about CoE is that a spell damage wand with good rolls like the one below actually is only slightly weaker than a mirrored 370 pds wand. The biggest issue with wanders outside of single target is of course wands are insanely stupid to roll and finding a high end phys crit wand is like finding a mirror.

it's all about how you scale damage

if you scale it on elemental auras, elemental attack damage gems, then a mirrored physical wand is useless

if you scale the physical damage of the wand with the passives tree that adds elmental damage based on phys dmg, then spell dmg wand and coe are much weaker than using a circlet.

i remember i had 160k kinetic dps on a 4link with 190iiq 450iir with just charges and onslaught taken from the node on the bottom of the tree, but with 8-9*5ex jewels

There is no such thing as a true physical wand build outside of added chaos poison builds. You take generic damage nodes ( spell,projectile, general wand damage) and even ele added from phys nodes but ultimately most of your damage will still be coming from WED and wrath because PPAD is a horrible gem outside because wands have such low pds.

Also, a mirrored phys wand is going to benefit from taste of hate which does little for ele wand or spell damage wands and is a huge part of your defensive suite.

"
I had better result in therm of dmg vs a mirrored FOE BITE phys wand (yes, i did mod the tree for phys wand to be fair). But the difference wasn't that big about 10% more dmg with the ele setup at max depending on tree n jewel, but in therm of investment going for ELE wand+ COE is so much cheaper then phys. Also phys wander won't have around 85% of there dmg has lightning so the vinktar pen is less effective, with phys setup uptimized its about 70% lightning dmg the rest is phys/cold/fire (using phys to lightning gem).

I am fairly sure a coe + phys wand will outperform a spell wand + coe build at the highest level if you ignore cost but i would need to run the figures on path of building.

agree.
COE + physical wand will outperform elemental wand.
ice + chaos damage from flask will be added in.
ive tryied both setup phys n ele wand and im still 100% sure that spell+ele is the best way to go for the dmg output.

ill explain the why it is this way. The only time phys wander can outperform spell+ele in therm of dmg is if ur using vinktar+atziri+dying sun+taste of hate+quicksilver flask. But i don't recommend doing so cuz u will have to run a quicksilver with remove bleed on it instead of 30% inc MS. And even with the not viable flask setup the phys mirrored wand outperform the spell+ele by not even 10%, also if u factor the vinktar pen in all that spell+ele will outperform on true dps phys wand cuz is dmg is about 85% lightning dmg. The issue with phys setup is the element dmg type distribution u end up with too much cold n fire for ur vinktar pen to be fully effective n vinktar pen + flask +pathfinder give 15% lightning pen n this is ALOT of dmg cuz pen work mostly like MORE dmg in POE. Also if u run number with infinite currency for phys make sure to do the same for ele n also u will have to factor the tree change .

Ill say it again IVE TRYIED BOTH SETUP.... there a reason why ive gone for spell+ELE aura instead of phys, n its not related to $$$$ cuz im on STD i have access and the money to those mirror wands.

PS. don't forget to factor the lightning pen from vinktar cuz in the end u down to that to decide what is stronger both setup are really close in dmg output on high end gear.
A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
Last edited by philophil on Feb 2, 2017, 3:13:47 PM
"
Kruciall wrote:
I had fun crafting gear for this build but found that it was too reliant on pots for survival, which is the opposite of the Slayer I am more familiar playing. May till puch 100 with it, but won't be doing any other content.

I don't think that it's as reliant on pots as you make it seem to be. Sure you get a lot of damage from your flasks but they aren't necessary for survival. You can easily kite end-game bosses and insta-leech to full when hit. Breaches, shaper beam, beyond bosses etc, you can just facetank them as long as you dont get one shot you'll be perma-leeching without flasks. I do understand where you're coming from though, as we are quite squishy with such low ES , but you should be able to push to 8k with presence/rare ES gloves & jewels which would make it much nicer to play. I think if you focus more on ES nodes and on jewels then you will find that your survivability will scale ALOT better especially when you have that much leech.
Last edited by Worst_luck on Feb 2, 2017, 6:16:13 PM
"
philophil wrote:
ive tryied both setup phys n ele wand and im still 100% sure that spell+ele is the best way to go for the dmg output.

ill explain the why it is this way. The only time phys wander can outperform spell+ele in therm of dmg is if ur using vinktar+atziri+dying sun+taste of hate+quicksilver flask. But i don't recommend doing so cuz u will have to run a quicksilver with remove bleed on it instead of 30% inc MS. And even with the not viable flask setup the phys mirrored wand outperform the spell+ele by not even 10%, also if u factor the vinktar pen in all that spell+ele will outperform on true dps phys wand cuz is dmg is about 85% lightning dmg. The issue with phys setup is the element dmg type distribution u end up with too much cold n fire for ur vinktar pen to be fully effective n vinktar pen + flask +pathfinder give 15% lightning pen n this is ALOT of dmg cuz pen work mostly like MORE dmg in POE. Also if u run number with infinite currency for phys make sure to do the same for ele n also u will have to factor the tree change .

Ill say it again IVE TRYIED BOTH SETUP.... there a reason why ive gone for spell+ELE aura instead of phys, n its not related to $$$$ cuz im on STD i have access and the money to those mirror wands.

PS. don't forget to factor the lightning pen from vinktar cuz in the end u down to that to decide what is stronger both setup are really close in dmg output on high end gear.

Use sin's rebirth may be better for physical wander.
30% physical damage added as chaos damage is a lot. I am not sure if it is 30% or 30%*1.5.

vinktar(add lighting damage) + atziri + dying sun + taste of hate + sin's rebirth
use a lot of spell damage jewel to scale all damage sources.
by the way, physical wand can use essence ring "Essence of Hysteria"
i know what phys wander can use don't worry my friend (Demigod) has the #1 steel ring with hysteria roll on STD. Tho the issue that i have with all that phys vs ELE is that ive not seen so far any phys wander getting better result then me, the closest so far is someone with 8K less dmg (using mirror wand) then me on barrage in HO but he has 5.6K ES cuz he has to use Thunderfist to reach that dmg. I could be wrong about it, cuz i don't have a full phys swap for jewel only have foe bite available n phys rings. But until i see better result then me ill still belive that im right about ele being the best version also don't forget the real Effective DMG so pls don't forget about pen it matters alot vs shaper/uber atziri.

Also sins rebirth unholy might mod is scaled with flask effect so its 45% if ur pathfinder, tho i find this pretty broken cuz unholy might should not be affected by that.
A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
Last edited by philophil on Feb 2, 2017, 10:05:35 PM
I did some tweaks on PoB and the physical wand variant just does not work that well with the low life COE setup. DPS is about the same but im missing 2% life and 600 ES.

Your final stats vs a guardian boss are as follows:
7000 ES
160k KB
124k Barrage

When I built a Coe CI physical wand pathfinder with legacy gear version:
10000 ES
140k KB
110 Barrage
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 2, 2017, 10:46:12 PM
atm im sitting in my ho with 164K on KB with aura+ golem and 137K on barrage with 7.3K ES.
"
philophil wrote:
atm im sitting in my ho with 164K on KB with aura+ golem and 137K on barrage with 7.3K ES.

Download path of building and load your own build. The dps figures are versus a boss target with 40 to all elemental resists.

Unless you changed something, your ES shows 7095 as if 30 minutes ago.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 2, 2017, 11:25:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info