Difference between HP/ES

Hi GGG.

My name is Erik i´m a great fan of your game POE and have been playing it since the almost the beta.
I´m pretty concerned about the life builds of POE these days* since i love playing life based builds more than spell builds AKA ES/CI builds. Right

Ok here is my question for you guys at GGG*

what are you guys really think about life based builds compared to ES/CI these days ?
I know that ES doesn´t have as much damage redutcon as Lifebuilds has.

But i think in my opinion Life based builds nowadays is pretty weak against ES builds so.
What are you guys planning to do about it ?

It would be great if you guys could buff the Life nodes a little bit or somehow figure out a
pretty descent way to make the Life Based toon´s fun to play again in the game.

Because right now ES is Dominating like for a example. all PRO streamers are playing ES/CI/LL
and "non" are playing Life based build just because it´s stronger than life. It should be more ballanced.

Please answer my question. :=)

you guys have done a great job with POE so far and hopefully will keep up with it.

Thanks for me i´m Erik. (^_^)

Last bumped on Jan 24, 2017, 12:05:41 PM
"
Sklips wrote:

But i think in my opinion Life based builds nowadays is pretty weak against ES builds so.

I'd this is the exemplary quote that represents your post.

"I think this, so when can we expect to see a patch?"

I've said it before. And you even said so in your OP. Life has easier access to mitigation.

The difference between Life and ES is that ES is easier to design. Admittedly, Life is a lot more restricted in what it can build, as well. Which does need addressing. But the way you make it out is misleading, IMO. And it's said frequently by people who, I feel, aren't playing PoE in an explorative type of way, but instead a copypaste sort of way. And if a streamer isn't doing something, or says this one thing, then it must be PoE Fact.
huh, what are you mean ShadyC? please can´t you just give me a small hint if you guys are planning to do something about the life pool for next patch. I'm just curious,,

because right now is ES is alot better than life what i think.

Would be very pleased to know about this.

thanks for me i´m Sklips :=)
With marauder i can't even break 5k life, but with crappy gear, i can get over 6k ES. o_0
yee computertech82. Hopefully GGG will take this seriously because right now the game is very unballanced.

Life is pretty much dogshit compared to ES,, And i love playing Life based builds i´m not a big ES//CI//Spell build fan of this game.

:=)
"
With marauder i can't even break 5k life, but with crappy gear, i can get over 6k ES. o_0

My feelings ecactly, plus I pick the most colorfull nodes on the tree, beause I really dunno what to pick.
So yeah- "build"
And it steamrolls stuff that I couldn't do with life guy, despite 10 more lvls, and all struggle (and misery and tears tbh)
fkc it, I like life better anyway :|
Burn all the orbs!
"

5k life is way better than 6k ES, imho.
At least I wouldn't want to walk around with 6k ES in maps, but I did it often with 5k life.

To break 6k, 7k, 8k life, you need to build accordingly.
Don't wear too many uniques, have life and strength rolls on all your items, design your tree in poeplanner to get above 200% life, use jewels with additional life, path mostly in the strength area if the tree etc...

Depending on what you want to build around, of course.
For some builds in some areas of the tree (like a crit spellcaster witch), this isn't really possible, so ES is definetly the way to go in end game.

But a Marauder? It's not difficult to reach 6k life.
Did you just ignore those tasty life nodes all around you?
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
ShadyC wrote:
"
Sklips wrote:

I'd this is the exemplary quote that represents your post.

"I think this, so when can we expect to see a patch?"

I've said it before. And you even said so in your OP. Life has easier access to mitigation.

life has easier access to physical mitigation, the whole problems that phys mitigation isn't the be all and end all it used to be. ES vs armor for example is an absolute crushing in favour of ES for elemental damage

then you have to roll in the fact chaos damage becomes irrelevant, you don't need health pots which actually synergises with the need for defences by allowing additional defensive pots, the meta at the moment allows 100% pot uptime on packs so you get a huge chunk of defences for free and for the majority of builds that can take it ES is substantially more point efficient than life.

Mitigation is good fun and i prefer life builds over ES but the game in general feels safer and easier as ES than it does with point heavier life based mitigation options which I think is absolutely retarded personally, the only thing stopping a majority from being CI in every build is passive location.
Peterlerock. i think he ment that you are able to reach almost twice so much survival in ES as Live.

my point is. you can have so rediciously much more ES than life in this game it´s still unballanced.

yes with the famous KAOM´S HEART you will be able to reach around 8-10k hp but!! you can reach 18-20 K ES

which is too much of a difference if you ask me*
"
Sklips wrote:
Peterlerock. i think he ment that you are able to reach almost twice so much survival in ES as Live.

my point is. you can have so rediciously much more ES than life in this game it´s still unballanced.

yes with the famous KAOM´S HEART you will be able to reach around 8-10k hp but!! you can reach 18-20 K ES

which is too much of a difference if you ask me*

I know that, and I agree.

But what he wrote is: "My Marauder cannot reach 5k life."
And that is a) nonsense or b) a L2P issue.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info