[2.6/BSC] Blade Flurry Assassin (Crit/Evasion/Life)

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to make this guide!

I started during POE Beta but have been gone for about the last 2 years from the game. I came back and instantly ruined every one of my characters except my Shadow with a dumb build (1 summoner, 1 fire totem, and 1 failed ranger).

I followed your tree guide and skill gem guide, but I am super squishy!

I had been using a tabla for adding IIQ and IIR gems to my BF build but decided to try to get more survivability rather than more MF at this point and even after making sure my 4L and my 5L matches yours I think I am squishier than needed.

Here are a few questions:

Should I be replacing the items that re +armor in favor of those that are +evasion?
Should I stop running hatred to add grace back in?
should I run a second dagger instead of the mace offhand?
should I run a different 5L set up because of my low crit rate?

I currently am using that helm only because it had the right color sockets and I am out of chroms

I can do tier 4-8 maps, but I tend to die every so often on the higher (6, 7, 8) maps unless I am careful. My biggest issue seems to be taking a hit before channeling and then getting picked off.

Would switching to CI help? perhaps having a higher ES pool than my 4k HP will help?

I would appreciate any feedback!

Edit:

Would a 5L
Cherrubim's Maleficence Triumphant Lamellar

Help with the survivability?

Last edited by drocksmash on Feb 11, 2017, 8:28:39 PM
Nice guide man! Always love to see a life based BF (since i also play that J)

I started out Breach with BF (i started with Mathil’s guide) and then i tweaked it 2 my liking (Main difference being 3.6% LPS to fully counter Blood Rage, yes i am that lazy ;-), Atziri gloves for the instant leech (godlike in Breaches and endgame) and 3 aura’s) and oh boy i like BF, finally some melee love here (so melee ppl, enjoy it while you can ;-)

And the beauty of BF is that, as like you said with “There’s 834,456,203 BF guides out there”, you can so many ways with it (for example, with my build T15/Uber lab/etc. is easy peasy so this weekend i am going to swap out some DPS gear for MF gear, just because it is possible ;-)

Anyways back 2 your build, i have a question about your 6 link, what are your thoughts about Void Manipulation (instead of faster attacks?) would this also help in any way with the double dip?

(I use Faster attacks because the faster i can attack the more fluid this build becomes (for me) and ofc more healing/etc. however with void manipulation stuff seems to die faster even if i am slower?!)

PS can’t wait for your videos ;-)
"
drocksmash wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to make this guide!

I started during POE Beta but have been gone for about the last 2 years from the game. I came back and instantly ruined every one of my characters except my Shadow with a dumb build (1 summoner, 1 fire totem, and 1 failed ranger).

I followed your tree guide and skill gem guide, but I am super squishy!

I had been using a tabla for adding IIQ and IIR gems to my BF build but decided to try to get more survivability rather than more MF at this point and even after making sure my 4L and my 5L matches yours I think I am squishier than needed.

Here are a few questions:

Should I be replacing the items that re +armor in favor of those that are +evasion?
Should I stop running hatred to add grace back in?
should I run a second dagger instead of the mace offhand?
should I run a different 5L set up because of my low crit rate?

I currently am using that helm only because it had the right color sockets and I am out of chroms

I can do tier 4-8 maps, but I tend to die every so often on the higher (6, 7, 8) maps unless I am careful. My biggest issue seems to be taking a hit before channeling and then getting picked off.

Would switching to CI help? perhaps having a higher ES pool than my 4k HP will help?

I would appreciate any feedback!

Edit:

Would a 5L
Cherrubim's Maleficence Triumphant Lamellar

Help with the survivability?

I see you are waiting a couple of days for some answers so until OP comes back i will try to help you out. (But firstly i suggest you read the guide again and if anything and i really mean anything is unclear plz ask OP)

Question 1; Yes, You want Evasion way more than Armour (You also took Acrobatics in the tree which half’s your Armour making it a kind of useless stat).
Question 2; I am at 45% Evasion and you want 2 be around that 2, where are you with your Evasion? Way below that? Then yes do grace instead of Hatred.
Question 3; May i ask why? Putting in, let’s say, a second dagger (so 2x Bino) you would NOT gain anything, better yet, you lose ALOT of damage (read why OP has this off hand 2 see what you will lose by replacing it for another dagger)
Question 4; You have a different 5 Link then OP suggested (why?), i suggest you do his 5 link (Lose crit damage for now for increased area effect), you say low crit chance? What do you mean by that? What is your crit% just standing in your HO? Because you (as in your specific case with your gear) only need 51.3% to be crit capped.

Nothing wrong with your helm btw (well....differently said, i suggest you upgrade other pieces first )

IMO CI is way! superior then Life builds BUT if you wanna go CI i suggest another guide because this also means another tree, different gear, etc.)

For this build 2 work damage wise you NEED a couple of things (2 NEVER ever worry again about your damage)

ALL ascendancy points (8 total ;-)
Crit capped (you need 5 power charges for this and 51.3% crit just standing in town, btw you did HELP Alira for the +1 max power charges in Merciless?? Under charges you should see 0/5 power charges while standing in town)
Accuracy (around 90%! What is yours??)
A 4+ Link (i did T10+ with a 4 Link, that OP is BF)

If you miss anything here you will struggle ALOT with your DPS.

As for your survivability, This build should ALWAYS be played carefully, it is by no means a face tank build. This is why you should aim to have around 45% evasion, 5.5k+ life, fortify linked in your Whirling Blades (to whirl in and start attacking) This build is also suppose to be played FAST, the more you move the more you kill, the more you heal, the more you farm, the more....well just about everything is more :)

Oh also read the flask section again, a couple of flask mods are necessary to save you from dead.....

This is the start, you still have lots to improve after...
"
Anyways back 2 your build, i have a question about your 6 link, what are your thoughts about Void Manipulation (instead of faster attacks?) would this also help in any way with the double dip?

Yes, it's a solid choice. It's up to you what you'd prefer. FA scales higher when your frenzy charges aren't at max, however when they are, VM pulls ahead for sure. I personally preferred FA because it allows me to jet around faster.

----------------------------------------------

Videos were uploaded and added. I know it took forever and that's for a multitude of reasons, but they're up. I have a few more like a T15 and stuff, but they're kind of retarded so I'm not going to upload them.

Btw a bit of a disclaimer - I don't play this build anymore, nor POE til next league, so I will still answer questions but I cannot go and test things in-game anymore.
which dagger i need to use after lvl 50?
"
decyphier wrote:
"

Yes, it's a solid choice. It's up to you what you'd prefer. FA scales higher when your frenzy charges aren't at max, however when they are, VM pulls ahead for sure. I personally preferred FA because it allows me to jet around faster.

----------------------------------------------

Videos were uploaded and added. I know it took forever and that's for a multitude of reasons, but they're up. I have a few more like a T15 and stuff, but they're kind of retarded so I'm not going to upload them.

Btw a bit of a disclaimer - I don't play this build anymore, nor POE til next league, so I will still answer questions but I cannot go and test things in-game anymore.

Thanks for the answer! I didn’t look at it that way to begin with :) My preference is jet style 2 so i will stick with it :)

Hehe no reason to apologize, you are giving free advice and free videos so we should be thankful 2 begin with :) gonna watch them later on! You did however made me very curious about your kinda retarded game play haha.
"
agux12 wrote:
which dagger i need to use after lvl 50?

Around 48 or so I start perusing poetrade for a good rare dagger around that level - i.e. attack speed, phys dmg, global crit chance, etc. Bonus points if it has a higher APS base.

"
You did however made me very curious about your kinda retarded game play haha.

The T15 is a Coliseum map afaik, so it's just Daresso nearly 1-shotting me for two minutes or so, and then I kill him. It's not interesting so I just chose to trash it.
Just wanted to drop by to say thanks for the build - really enjoying it.

For those trying it out; look for a carnage heart amulet. They're super cheap, give you 40-ish all stat boost, some all res, phys dmg leech - all around great piece of gear. You should still get a total life increase despite the reduced max life/ES stat if your strength is not that high to begin with.
Is there another Option for Daresso´s Chest ?
"
Necroleet wrote:
Is there another Option for Daresso´s Chest ?

Not really, it's the best evasion-based chest. I suppose you could try a 6L Lightning Coil, but it's not as good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info