Game of random Crap!!!

Like really this is the game of random crap. It sucks balls. I spent an hour just re-rolling mods on a pair of boots just to give up.

I ran 7 tier 11-15 maps in a row and my highest map dropped was a tier 8. I have bought over 50% of my gear and the gear i found/crafted are the worst of my gear. This game wouldn't even be worth playing without trade. And I hate trading. Just another hassle I just have to do to get to end game.

Map mods really punish specific builds way more then others, and they are a random peace of crap. Did a Righteous Fire energy shield char this session. I will never do that again. EVER!!!! The map mods just made it un-fun. Would roll a map 4 to 5 times to get it in a state I could run it as yellow. Then Vaal it so I could get my map find % up. Only to have it roll less or no life/energy/mana. And then other annoying things like vulnerability, less area effect, elemental weakness, and what not. makes me just want to make a build focused on being able to run any map rather then have fun.

The reason I left diablo 3 to play this game is because everything in D3 is random. Can I use this skill. Well if you got the gear to support that skill then yes. Everything in D3 is like that. It all depends on random crap drops. After playing this to end game. It's not much different. Less random for making my char. But I still lack the control to make my char usable without trading. At least things aren't account bound like D3 crappiness.

Don't think I will even bother playing next season. To much random shit. I hate your random crap. I can deal with a little randomness. But I feel like your headed down that D3 path where everything will be based off drops. I do mean everything. So ya fuck this game. Let me have a game I truly get to make my char, and not have to barter to just be able to handle chaos damage.

End game is just a grind for currency so you can buy the crap you actually want. It has no real way of you farming for what your character needs/wants. And that is why it sucks. I thought you guys added divination cards to handle this. I guess I was dead wrong.

The core problem of this game is it has way to much randomness. The saving grace is the ability to decide the skills you get to use. (though I still have never had an enlighten skill drop for me, and have had to buy every single one I have used.) And the fact you get to customize your character by the using the skill tree. Everything else needs huge improvements.

I bought 2 shav's this season. I have bought them in the past too. I have yet to have one drop for me. I can do uber lab. But hate it so freaking much! So I only ever ran it once to get my points. Don't feel like grinding out the maps needed to get to shaper this season. Especially with the drop rate I have been getting. I bought the last 20 maps I ran. Because once I hit tier 10 they just stop dropping. I had to buy half my tier 10 maps and all but like 3 of my tier 11 maps. just to clear the bonus. And it is still only dropping tier 7 when I am lucky. I ran tier 5 currupted with 60% less life/energy/mana with my Righteous Fire build!!! And still completed it. Just because I can't seem to get anything to drop for me.

Yep your end game sucks. It seems to be there just so you can grind currency. And then buy the best gear there is.

Why the hell did you guys rework the maps anyways? Why didn't you guys get rid of map drops, and make the atlas your progressing tree. instead of just a way to show you what you need to unlock. It would have made way more sense, and fun. Instead it still just a random peace of crap.

You guys need to get rid of some of your randomness. Not add more random crap like the lab enchants. You guys have gone way overboard on random crappiness.

So to recap:
I don't want to have to trade to get the gear I need. But I have too.
I don't want to have to trade for maps to progress. But I had too. (Ran my highest dropped maps for a week before I gave up. I starting buying them. As they basically only dropped 8 tiers lower then what I could run.)
I don't want map mods targeting builds. Actually I would almost prefer that all map mods went away. The only cool/interesting one is summoning crap from beyond. The rest are lame at best.
I don't like spending hours re-rolling a single peace of gear that never got used anyways as my luck just fucking sucks.
Last edited by TheLockedGuy on Jan 19, 2017, 2:08:01 AM
Last bumped on Feb 19, 2017, 10:44:09 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
what's your goal in the game in the first place?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
If you really hate all of it so much, then I guess you're just done with it and should move on to a new game, a fresh experience. Happens to all of us with all games at one point or another.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
While I agree with some points you make, most of it is just emotional dribble. It is clear that you haven't completely grasped the mechanics and/or the mindset to play this continually.

You say it is hard to gear a character - I'm pushing early maps as early as 62 on self found.
You say you don't want to trade for gear - The game is designed around trading (console may change that but maybe not). You don't want to trade at least for a base crafting item, be ready for hurt.
You say crafting sucks - I pay a few chaos for ilvl84 gear a few weeks into league and am geared for yellow maps ele weakness resist capped with a few aug alt regal tries.

This game just keeps getting easier and easier (outside of late end game) so your frustration is purely burnout and lacking some knowledge on doing things in time and currency efficient manners.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Almost all of your complaints come down to your own misunderstandings about mechanics, or unwillingness to accept and adapt to mechanics... It sounds like RNG heavy games like PoE are just not for you. That's okay. There are a LOT of games out there. This one isn't for everyone.
U MAD?
Personally I like the RNG style looting. I could get used to GGG using a low median on everything... fine... but the standard deviation is just too high. It makes me feel crazy.

(You know... do the same thing over and over again... only to actually get vastly different outcomes.)
"
TheLockedGuy wrote:
Like really this is the game of random crap. It sucks balls. I spent an hour just re-rolling mods on a pair of boots just to give up.

Have you considered that you're playing the wrong game? I mean that with no snark, you're just barking up the wrong tree, there are plenty of online games that have less (or no) randomness.

It's just that the ARPG genre is derived from the Rogue-like, it like it's predecessors specifically celebrates the endless variety and replay value that RNG allows. So your post sounds a like like someone going into a Civ forum and saying "I absolutely hate strategy games".

You are clearly playing the wrong game, in fact you're playing the wrong GENRE of game.

If you want a F2P Online RPG that has almost no randomness to it most MMO's would do the trick. Dungeon's and Dragons Online has some RNG, but none of the RNG items are important at all, only named items (uniques in that game) are used in every slot, quests while well crafted are always identical, and you'll almost always get every named item a quest offers (all named items drop only in the same limited quest chains so they are 100% farmable) by repeating a quest 5 or 6 times. This seems more your speed. Don't get me wrong it's a pretty decent MMO as MMO's go.

"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
hah! I actually read the whole thing you wrote. You just sound frustrated and angry. You are probably loving this game. Just admit it and submit yourself to it )
You have to play years to find GG gear. I have and now with all the shit I found I can play any build well exept those requiring the latest unqiues self found in std. I have 157 stash tabs full of shit. One of every unique (except latest 2.5 ones) But yeah trade inapplicable valuables for applicable ones is the way to fly. Was in D3 too before they went self found.

You also have to know what value is. Like I found a sword this season with 3 teir 1 elementals I sold for 5ex. found other rares from 1-3x.

There are a lot of peeople who dont even pick up rares but end game ones just are picking up currnecy with neversink uber strict filter engaged. Not much random crap if you play that way. You wont even see much drops and it's all about high speed and gobbling up money to buy shit. Almost like a bot would play.

Point is there is more than one way to play and what you're saying is not really true.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 19, 2017, 5:37:06 PM
"
While I agree with some points you make, most of it is just emotional dribble. It is clear that you haven't completely grasped the mechanics and/or the mindset to play this continually.

You say it is hard to gear a character - I'm pushing early maps as early as 62 on self found.
You say you don't want to trade for gear - The game is designed around trading (console may change that but maybe not). You don't want to trade at least for a base crafting item, be ready for hurt.
You say crafting sucks - I pay a few chaos for ilvl84 gear a few weeks into league and am geared for yellow maps ele weakness resist capped with a few aug alt regal tries.

This game just keeps getting easier and easier (outside of late end game) so your frustration is purely burnout and lacking some knowledge on doing things in time and currency efficient manners.

Some good point here. You can certainly play self found nowadays. it's easy til red maps. Our DPS is about 10 fold what it used to be on 1.0 and we have masters now to max out resits on rares we find. We have cards can farm for 6L easy.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 19, 2017, 5:49:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info