Game of random Crap!!!

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
While I agree with some points you make, most of it is just emotional dribble. It is clear that you haven't completely grasped the mechanics and/or the mindset to play this continually.

You say it is hard to gear a character - I'm pushing early maps as early as 62 on self found.
You say you don't want to trade for gear - The game is designed around trading (console may change that but maybe not). You don't want to trade at least for a base crafting item, be ready for hurt.
You say crafting sucks - I pay a few chaos for ilvl84 gear a few weeks into league and am geared for yellow maps ele weakness resist capped with a few aug alt regal tries.

This game just keeps getting easier and easier (outside of late end game) so your frustration is purely burnout and lacking some knowledge on doing things in time and currency efficient manners.

Some good point here. You can certainly play self found nowadays. it's easy til red maps. Our DPS is about 10 fold what it used to be on 1.0 and we have masters now to max out resits on rares we find. We have cards can farm for 6L easy.

Exactly, for example, my girlfriend's current blight build is using a -8 elreon ring to make the blight cost nothing and otherwise just has 50 total resists being a two stone and a high explicit roll. Still magic. Ideally, it will be multimodded to have es roll, faster recharge, etc., but for now easily acceptable to mid tier maps and no reason to feel like the lack of rolls is gimping her character. Start pushing red maps and yeah, you want to craft or buy better gear, because the lack of the es stuff will get a CI character killed when the mods and damage ramp up pretty nastily for the late end game.

Other than that though, easily cap resists to 169% and makes the build super functional for 3c. You can't really complain about that.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
What I always thought was odd is the drops are not very map specific most of the time. Like maybe only getting bone armor in cemetery areas. Or when you defeat a rough exile, just have it drop everything it was equipped with.

But I also hate radom socket link rolls and such. But that is just me, I am not a person who even plays the lotto.
"
vio wrote:
what's your goal in the game in the first place?

To make MY OWN builds and see them to the end, and find out weather they work or not. It isn't to trade for crap, or to farm for a single crappy item for days.

"
Docbp87 wrote:
Almost all of your complaints come down to your own misunderstandings about mechanics, or unwillingness to accept and adapt to mechanics... It sounds like RNG heavy games like PoE are just not for you. That's okay. There are a LOT of games out there. This one isn't for everyone.

Ya cuz rolling 2 through 6 life regeneration is useful somewhere. RNG is ok. But the RNG in this game is way over kill. A lot of the mods are plain useless. Some are very build specific. While some every build need like resistances. Making the RNG pretty much garbage in its current form. It needs overhauled or fixed.

Are you sure it's me who doesn't understand. Do you even pick up half the crap out there? or have you settled for a third party mod? And expect everyone else to do so? Because, the game is incomplete without it. Why the fuck should I have too? Don't you think they should fix it. Or are you so contempt with broken/bad systems?

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
You have to play years to find GG gear. Blah blah... Point is there is more than one way to play and what you're saying is not really true.

Years to find GG gear? So whats the point of a 3 month league then? Just to see who can climb the fastest? Get real bro. And what part of what I said is not really true? Just because you disagree with my opinion doesn't make it not true.

To the rest of you. I get that most of you like to farm for ever for no reason. The RNG range is so wide that most likely 90% of the crap it drops have stats your char won't even use. And that to me is a problem. I don't mind some RNG. But when I spend an hour re-rolling mods on a lvl 80+ item that still getting 1 life regeneration as one of its most common roll's. It gets ridicules. There is no clear path or way to get anything your build may need. So you either have to trade for it. Which GGG has no real system to support. (Other then a third party website!!!!) Or you spend years farming for it before you make a character who actually needs it. Why don't you guys get real and admit its broken before telling me I don't understand, or that I am playing the wrong game.

Trust me I understand what this game is. This is feedback. Not a review (Like the review they locked my account for over a year. Just because they didn't like what I said about there game). This is me telling them... What I think is wrong with there end game. As I see it. It is just a currency farm end game. Unless you have a build that doesn't need or require any pricey uniques. And if that's what you like... Then go play D3. I like to actually make builds I think are cool. And if they don't work oh well. But to be stuck on getting required items for a build is lame at best.

D3 is so much farther in the wrong direction of a game that i play this one. This one still has hope. But don't think I'll stay. I'll leave this game the moment someone actually makes a good arpg.
Last edited by TheLockedGuy on Jan 23, 2017, 2:32:03 PM
"
TheLockedGuy wrote:
"
vio wrote:
what's your goal in the game in the first place?

To make MY OWN builds and see them to the end, and find out weather they work or not. It isn't to trade for crap, or to farm for a single crappy item for days.

"
Docbp87 wrote:
Almost all of your complaints come down to your own misunderstandings about mechanics, or unwillingness to accept and adapt to mechanics... It sounds like RNG heavy games like PoE are just not for you. That's okay. There are a LOT of games out there. This one isn't for everyone.

Ya cuz rolling 2 through 6 life regeneration is useful somewhere. RNG is ok. But the RNG in this game is way over kill. A lot of the mods are plain useless. Some are very build specific. While some every build need like resistances. Making the RNG pretty much garbage in its current form. It needs overhauled or fixed.

Are you sure it's me who doesn't understand. Do you even pick up half the crap out there? or have you settled for a third party mod? And expect everyone else to do so? Because, the game is incomplete without it. Why the fuck should I have too? Don't you think they should fix it. Or are you so contempt with broken/bad systems?

No, I don't pick up 99% of the crap that drops, because I know what is and isn't worth picking up. Get a loot filter. Learn how item level affects affix rolls. I stand by my statement that your misgivings about game mechanics, and your desire for the apparent elimination or total mitigation of RNG suggest that this game is the wrong one for you. The GRINDING for GEAR is literally one of the most fundamental pieces of the puzzle in this GAME. If you don't enjoy the process of ID'ing items, and farming indefinitely for that min-maxing upgrade, then look elsewhere, because PoE is not for you. You want to play self-found, but also want to be geared in no time like people who trade. So... should drop rates be buffed for just you? Or should items automatically roll affixes that the game magically determines are what you want? Give me a break dude... Also, I am "contempt" (lul content?) with the system, that is perfectly fine for the RNG based, gear grinding game that I play... Not to mention that you are the dude still claiming your account was banned for writing a negative review on Steam ahahahaha...
U MAD?
Last edited by Docbp87 on Jan 23, 2017, 2:57:37 PM
"
I ran 7 tier 11-15 maps in a row and my highest map dropped was a tier 8. I have bought over 50% of my gear and the gear i found/crafted are the worst of my gear. This game wouldn't even be worth playing without trade. And I hate trading. Just another hassle I just have to do to get to end game.

You should start to role good maps. It is easy to sustain t15-16 maps just role them with atleast 100 % iiq and atleast 40 % ps better is more. And yes it will cost you tons of currency but you will get it back for sure.

Have so many T15 maps i cant run empty and never bought a map.

If you don't like trading... don't do it...
Play self found, and create your own builds from the items you find. There is no more limitation in that than there is using the entire scope of items possible in the game. It is just a matter of perspective.

Eventually, you'll gather a collection of good items in standard. Then you can experiment more with other build combinations.
This is a small selection of what I've managed to find over the years. Nothing especially fancy, but there isn't many types of builds I can't make from the equipment I've stored as I've got many of the build-enabling uniques...
Spoiler

See possibilities, not obstacles...
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Not to mention that you are the dude still claiming your account was banned for writing a negative review on Steam ahahahaha...

Did you really just barley figure that out? Me saying my account was locked for over year for the review didn't give it away. Or was it my name. Clearly you didn't read a thing I said. Or at least you can't pay attention to the details. And have written me off. Why are you posting anyways? Just to be a dick? Clearly you think yourself so great. Go ahead and keep laughing while the rest of us laugh at you not with you.

And just so you know. Sense you can't seem too believe anything I say. I have a loot filter. And so does everyone else. That in it self should tell you how crappy the loot system, and it's mods truly are. But your to blind to see the truth.
Last edited by TheLockedGuy on Jan 24, 2017, 3:50:25 AM
"
TheLockedGuy wrote:
Like really this is the game of random crap. It sucks balls. I spent an hour just re-rolling mods on a pair of boots just to give up.

I ran 7 tier 11-15 maps in a row and my highest map dropped was a tier 8. I have bought over 50% of my gear and the gear i found/crafted are the worst of my gear. This game wouldn't even be worth playing without trade. And I hate trading. Just another hassle I just have to do to get to end game.

So why did you start playing a game that is focused heavily on trading? Not saying that you not liking trade is somehow a bad thing, but why did you started playing something that is made, from the very start, with trade in mind then?
You don't go to Italian restaurant only to scream I FUCKING HATE ITALIAN FOOD, GODDAMMIT, I ONLY CAME HERE BECAUSE I'M HUNGRY.

But sure, you are free to be angry at everyone trying to talk sense to you. I won't try to stop you (but support team might). :V

Ps. If your build is easily killed by almost every single mod you roll on maps, I'm gonna go ahead and say that your build is simply pretty bad. :@ Most builds have AT MOST 2-3 mods that they absolutely cannot do, the rest being this map will be much harder (which can be played around with skill/gear).
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jan 24, 2017, 6:53:03 AM
If an unique is made that decreases IIQ to 5% of what it is now, but improves the quality of rares and uniques greatly to at least a tier half or above of the current instance level... I would wear it all the time.
High level high speed mapping is like 40% of the time picking up and vendoring crap rares and uniques.
I still think it's funny that people think D3 has too much "random crap". That game is the most deterministic ARPG i've played in a while. Sets drop like candy and you can target reroll specific stats off of items you don't like.

If you thought D3 was random, I'm surprised you enjoy this game at all. This game takes randomness to crack head levels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info