I think a time to rework a reflect mechanics is come

1. A lot of builds have incredible DPS, but if you don't use conversion to chaos and deal damage by yourself - you died even at single reflect monster. The times then you have 10k DPS to effective farm The Ledge is gone long ago.

2. Not even build can use dodge/evede/block mechanics to mitigate reflect. Also not every build use a stupid cancer Vaal Pact.

3. You can manage your damage if you see a monster with reflect. But if you can't? Arc chained through monsters to offscreen and then meet reflect monster? DIE! Fact that reflect sources have an unlimited range - is so stupid.

Suggestion:

1. Make a reflect damage capped to 20% of health/ES per hit. You also can die in map with reflect, because you hits a multiple enemy, but single monsters be a less problematic. Also life leech without Vaal Pact is capped to.

2. Give radius of effectiveness to all reflect source. for example: one screen radius - full effect, from 1 to 1.5 screen radius - a half effect, more than 1.5 - no effect.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
Last bumped on Jan 27, 2017, 12:31:14 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
1. A lot of builds have incredible DPS, but if you don't use conversion to chaos and deal damage by yourself - you died even at single reflect monster. The times then you have 10k DPS to effective farm The Ledge is gone long ago.

2. Not even build can use dodge/evede/block mechanics to mitigate reflect. Also not every build use a stupid cancer Vaal Pact.

3. You can manage your damage if you see a monster with reflect. But if you can't? Arc chained through monsters to offscreen and then meet reflect monster? DIE! Fact that reflect sources have an unlimited range - is so stupid.

Suggestion:

1. Make a reflect damage capped to 20% of health/ES per hit. You also can die in map with reflect, because you hits a multiple enemy, but single monsters be a less problematic. Also life leech without Vaal Pact is capped to.

2. Give radius of effectiveness to all reflect source. for example: one screen radius - full effect, from 1 to 1.5 screen radius - a half effect, more than 1.5 - no effect.

1. There are a lot of builds that attack 5+ or so hits per second maybe even reaching like 10 with multistrike. So u still die, if I understood correctly it won't really fix stuff.

2. Kinda OK?

But yea, reflect is annoying especially when you 1 shot yourself not even realizing what has happened, it's too wild in PoE.

! My personal take on reflect would be maybe making it like a stackable debuff. You know these corrupted bloodline monsters? The more instances of debuff you've got the faster your health drains. So it could be utilized in similar way like lets say at 1 instance you reflect 5% of your dmg growing by 1 or maybe 2% with each attack. And it would have few seconds of duration before disappearing. Maybe have like 1 sec of cooldown before you would be accumulating it again with your attacks? This would mean that you must fight carefully not rushing things, but you definitely shouldn't 1 shot yourself. I'm not sure how the numbers should look in real life but I just wanted to propose the concept which kinda seems would work to me. Any thoughts on this one? !
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Jan 19, 2017, 2:20:35 AM
"
DoEFotGS wrote:

Suggestion:

Although reflect should go as there are better ways to tone down players damage and cap it, my dual wield Dory Jugg never had huge problems with reflect when targeting for a cool 50/50% physical/elemental damage, and now it's even boringly easier as you can just either swap a gem - Physical to Lightning does wonders versus solo reflect monsters - or even have dedicated skill setups for physical/elemental reflect...

Regarding range, the rework shouldn't be done as it clearly disfavours melee versus range/cast combat, and range already neglects Volatile Blood most of the time...

A debuff like the one suggested to instead one shoting yourself by relying on increased reflect value based on number/power of attacks and capped around a chance to survive the encounter would be great...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...

Evasion, Dodge and VP does not realy protect agenst reflect.
On my filcker strike im using things like Enfeeble and Blinde mechanic and non of them worck for reflect, having Fortify help and aditional leech on top.
On my 45% MoM BV char with 5 endurance charges, loot of spell block, and generaly unlimite IC i just die in split second, what worck is mostly more leech and mitigation does so litle.
But i wont wory to mach abouth it, this days its all abouth One shots and skeeping content scenarios i gess. There is all same old mechanic that worck in this game and traying to invent new or call for balance is also very old.
"
sofocle10000 wrote:

Regarding range, the rework shouldn't be done as it clearly disfavours melee versus range/cast combat, and range already neglects Volatile Blood most of the time...

"
DoEFotGS wrote:
You can manage your damage if you see a monster with reflect. But if you can't?

If I died attacking enemy with reflect on the screen - is mostly my fault than unfair game mechanics. But if I can't see an enemy, because he is too far away from me, and died from uncontrolled attack like arc chain - it's unfair game mechanics. In my opinion, of course.

So melee range characters can see enemy with reflect most of the time.

"
sofocle10000 wrote:
and now it's even boringly easier as you can just either swap a gem - Physical to Lightning does wonders versus solo reflect monsters - or even have dedicated skill setups for physical/elemental reflect...

OK. That gem I should swap vs elemental reflect if I use pure elemental damage, like flameblast or Vortex? Game have 'physical spells' - thats true, but seriously, how effective be a... Bladefall vs rare enemy on t15 if your build stacked, for example, mostly lighting damage than just spell damage? Some enemy can easily kill you if you not kill them in one second.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
"
sofocle10000 wrote:

"
DoEFotGS wrote:
You can manage your damage if you see a monster with reflect. But if you can't?

If I died attacking enemy with reflect on the screen - is mostly my fault than unfair game mechanics. But if I can't see an enemy, because he is too far away from me, and died from uncontrolled attack like arc chain - it's unfair game mechanics. In my opinion, of course.

So melee range characters can see enemy with reflect most of the time.

"
sofocle10000 wrote:
and now it's even boringly easier as you can just either swap a gem - Physical to Lightning does wonders versus solo reflect monsters - or even have dedicated skill setups for physical/elemental reflect...

OK. That gem I should swap vs elemental reflect if I use pure elemental damage, like flameblast or Vortex? Game have 'physical spells' - thats true, but seriously, how effective be a... Bladefall vs rare enemy on t15 if your build stacked, for example, mostly lighting damage than just spell damage? Some enemy can easily kill you if you not kill them in one second.

And Volatile Blood should be an unmitigatable debuff that applies to ranged too and drop your HP slowly to 0 so everyone could get one shot on those beautiful terms...

Projectiles shouldn't work offscreen. That is the main problem. You shouldn't be able to kill stuff disregarding their mods if you don't see them...

Since it's popular to think that melee have to use a totem/ranged melee to deal with Volatile Blood, why is it so hard to use on casters stuff like spell totem/traps/summons to deal with reflect, and even those beautiful physical damage spells work versus elemental reflect... Also, if your build stacked lightning damage you could use on a weapons swap a Voltaxic and with a Vaal Spark you could do wonders versus that cool reflect...

There are of course less than optimal solutions, and that is what the said mechanic -physical/elemental reflect - does: it forces you to change your playstyle and adapt, and if they are so into reflect, they should add Chaos reflect mechanic and Chaos penetration too...

I'm still for a rebalance of reflect, Volatile Blood and Detonate Dead to make them dangerous versus all playstyles but not ONE SHOTING - to drop you to a 10% HP/ES, to have caps on reflected damage and to start a slower acting chain reaction at least...

PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Jan 19, 2017, 3:43:40 AM
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
And Volatile Blood should be an unmitigatable debuff that applies to ranged too and drop your HP slowly to 0 so everyone could get one shot on those beautiful terms...

It's as illogical as to kill themselves by reflect damage across three screens away.

"
sofocle10000 wrote:
There are of course less than optimal solutions, and that is what the said mechanic -physical/elemental reflect - does: it forces you to change your playstyle and adapt, and if they are so into reflect, they should add Chaos reflect mechanic and Chaos penetration too...

Game must have an optimal solution to everyone without mandatory uniques and skills. If game mechanic force me to use a specific unique to deal something with it - that unique must be given to everyone by default like quicksilver flask in act one.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
I somewhat agree with suggestion 2. You should not be able to damage enemies that are off of the screen.
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
"
sofocle10000 wrote:

It's as illogical as to kill themselves by reflect damage across three screens away.

"
sofocle10000 wrote:

Game must have an optimal solution to everyone without mandatory uniques and skills. If game mechanic force me to use a specific unique to deal something with it - that unique must be given to everyone by default like quicksilver flask in act one.

Used lots of sarcasm in the comment regarding the change to Volatile Blood just because ranged gameplay has it really easy and there is no equivalent mechanic that affects it...

That is why you shouldn't be able to damage NOTHING offscreen - not only reflect shouldn't be reworked to reward even more ranged gameplay, but also the damage that you cause up to x screens away shouldn't exist - at most it should go for another half of screen, and then for that invisible part you should have a 50% mitigation...

Of course the game should have optimal solutions to everyone without mandatory uniques and skills and they shouldn't use reflect, Volatiles, DD or have immunities for bosses except for a timed basis maybe, but they have yet to rework those mechanics to improve the gameplay of all melee and ranged alike...

Last edited by sofocle10000 on Jan 19, 2017, 1:08:32 PM
1. Reflect is now an aura tied to rare and unique monsters, kill the rare and the aura is gone. This promotes single-target skills. Map mod would be "Rare and Unique monsters have reflect auras". Those auras all work for one kind of damage only, melee, ranged and spell but some specific monsters can have multiple auras on them.

2. Chaos damage is no longer unaffected by reflect.

3. Reflect can no longer be avoided with evasion/dodge/block/etc or reduced by your own resistances and reductions, the damage is based on what the monster takes but the amount reflected is A LOT lower than the current values, let's say something in the 1-2% range. This makes it mitigable for all builds and not just those with high block/chaos based. RT/Lioneye's Glare users no longer instakill themselves.

4. Reflected damage is no longer applied instantly but instead the attack is redirected back at you, projectiles and spells fly back, melee swings are countered, etc. You can avoid those hits if you move away quick enough. This is just wishful thinking and probably very hard to implement but it would be really nice to see so I'm leaving it here.
Last edited by Raudram on Jan 19, 2017, 8:08:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info