How We Approach Console Development

So... I'm cosidering to play on Xbox here and there. I'm pretty sure you guys have some solution for trading.

What about lootfilters? I can imagine that it's fun to play on the Xbox, but wouldn't looting be pure hell?
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Since Chris Wilson linked this in response to wanting an AMA got a question. Will PC players who also want to play on Xbox one have to buy all their effects/stash's back? Or will we just be granted empty stashs equal to our PC version plus all our effects?
This reminds me about the LAST time GGG poured dev time/resources for something many in the community DIDN'T ask for - PVP.

Thankfully, the success of that PVP xpac and the amount of players and revenue it brought it more than made up for it!

edit:

What about servers? I understand XBO and PC will be separate, but what about the servers they are hosts on, will they be the same? With PC server stability already being questionable (instance crashes), my concern is further degradation of server performance.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Last edited by Druga1757 on Jan 18, 2017, 8:21:02 PM
Good job GGG. I'm happy you took my money and developed a console version. I'm sure there are plenty of other paying players that are pleased as well =) So others that are displeased they are funding a console version, don't worry about it. Your cash went to A4 and future content updates, and if you don't like them due to what you consider interference from balancing for consoles, you can complain then =)
Winter Is Coming! 02:28 in the trailer :D

Chris Wilson become now best Game Director of 2017!

GG GGG as always!
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
"
Niustein wrote:
This doesn't actually address anything... "This definitely wont affect PC negatively at all" aside from how you've spent a large amount of money developing a console variant that didn't go to improving the many QoL things that plague your current playerbase as it stands.

I'm unconvinced that all the money you've spent on: "They were directly responsible for the massive improvements to frame rate, client load times, memory use, as well as the introduction of the 64-bit client, DirectX 11 renderer and new audio system." wouldn't have been improved if you had spent that money on people to fix the issues plaguing the current PC client.

I'm not holding my breath, and will of course be very happy at any PC optimization that does come out in the next league and into 3.0. But until that actually happens, this is very much just PR talk.

The post LITERALLY said that all the QoL improvements we HAVE been getting are a DIRECT result from developping the console port. That means it would not have gone any faster without the console port since those features were a necessity for it in the first place. Meaning they were top priority.
Do you have reading comprehension problems or you just really wanted to whine about something?
Dem metal chickens
Last edited by Vorthaz on Jan 18, 2017, 8:23:15 PM
Well done, Chris.

Still can't figure out why so many people are so butthurt about this project. They've already forgot the improvements over the last year and still want more improvement, which is just sad.
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Sep 1, 2017, 12:50:52 PM
While the whole line: I didn't pay for them to go and do X with my money is at the end of the day BS, there are some people that misguidedly think that by paying money for something entitles you to having a say in how that money is then used. I chose to buy my grand master pack because I wanted to give something back to the game that had given me so much (and also I was in a good financial situation that I wasn't when I started playing).

All that aside, the comments people have been making about how the memory/fps/load time improvements could have been made regardless of XB1 stuff are completely true, and I'm disappointed that it appears that these were only warranted because of the XB1.

Personally I've loved my time with PoE, but I feel like that time is coming to an end, and there have been repeated examples of this, not just this announcement; but it is certainly the icing on the cake.
Or maybe hire some people too improve trading? That's why i spend money on this game you know..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info