How We Approach Console Development

im so hoping a ingame trade system will be brought in and finally fixing trade issues. because ya ggg is against auction houses bc lack of players interacting is idea and awesome if all players were like that and cared to do that. i am not saying that we should all be introverts. just saying not everyone is the same. auction house or a trading board where you can put an item up for sale so players can see it in game and grab it will speed up the process of trading downside less interaction, but when you gotta switch out of game to go to poe.trade to look for items then not even knowing if player is online bc it lies or isnt updated all the time or if player is going to be in game but afk for like 4 hours who has time for that. realistically we dont. ya it be cool ideally to have nice interaction players meeting others to do more and would be nice for more guild options also. but reality is with life and fast paced with players not being able to be online for 24/7 like streamers can it can be annoying as fuck seeing a item you can offord it perfect for your build but cant get it in a time that you are on bc the chr is in game but player isnt online. so fix trade. or fix it that loot drops are less rng and more fixed to dropping per area. like a item dropping in a lvl 80 area doesnt drop the lowest rolls possible. balance it out that it stops rolls at a certain lvl. if you arnt going to fix trade then we need a more balanced drop system. and map drops system sucks it sucks. it goes off maps per hour. and some peoples rng bad luck running 20 t8 maps or higher and getting t3 or lower like ya every league it pushes me away from the grind when u gotta buy maps to run then still not even get the currancy or a map to equal out what u spent on it and also trying to buy maps in bulk is the hardest thing also since poe trade shows one at time then you msg the player and its sold. it just ends up frustraiting no matter how it goes. ya idc drop the xp penalty by 50% if you want if it means more higher tier maps from between tier 7 to 11 fall more. it dont even have to be the highest just ones that make the game grinding fun at end game for the ones who cant sit and play 24/7 bc if that is what you are going to base your system on then. it will fail on console for sure. especially with skyrim or final fantasy out there that for consoles is better for solo self found. meaning they are solo but its able to just deal with its more consistant. idk i suck with wording stuff.

i just hope that the things i brought up will be improved for pc and for console when it comes out for 3.0 bc if not then why get a xbox just to play it when the struggle is real on pc for casual players. its not casual when you base it off a rng grind. its why d3 end game kinda sucks but it is consistant and casual. i dont want gear just to be handed to me but more optimizing for area since trade sucks.

again i dont care to sound like an idiot as long as point gets across.
rawrawr
Last edited by Phish on Jan 19, 2017, 4:02:59 PM
Well, it took 3 years for GGG to convince me that they are a company worth spending money on. It took one month for you guys to make me regret it.

I have not agreed with every decision along the way. How could I? I have been very vocal against things I disagreed with - like most people. But I have enjoyed the game more and more as time went by.

Would I have finally buckled and supported the game had I known my money would be going to an Xbox version? Definitely not. Hiding the truth is the same as lying, and from this point on, I will think of GGG as the company that lied to us, swindled us to get our money.

There is no argument that can be made that supports the idea that the Xbox version will make the PC better. All of them are hilariously easy to refute. But the thing that REALLY gets on my nerves is how you presume to lie to us yet again, claiming that the console version will not affect the PC one at all.

No matter what, from here on out, all new content considerations by GGG will be made in order to hopefully improve BOTH versions. That obviously means that any new idea which would improve the PC only will probably be given less of a priority over one that improves both. When designing new skills for example, ones that work better with controllers will probably be favoured over ones that need a mouse (such as totems, traps, long-range targeted skills). No matter how much you vehemently deny that this will happen, when the team comes up and asks "which of these two options are we rolling with on release" - that is when you will choose the lesser one, just because in your mind, it has the advantage of working on both platforms. However, from ours, the PC players', perspectives, it is simply "the lesser option" - no advantages whatsoever.

I will stick with the game no matter what. Yet it is my sincerest hope that the Xbox version will crash and burn, without really doing too much damage to GGG otherwise in a way that would affect us PC players. And I also hope that GGG has looked at what happened to every other company who attempted this transition in the last few years, and taken the necessary precautions to avoid catastrophic failure, which would leave us without any PoE at all.
Still waiting for GGG to admit that they made mistakes and actually work on fixing them.

You'll find me when pigs start flying.
Last edited by PrimordialDarkness on Jan 19, 2017, 8:26:04 PM
"
Ordack wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

We hired new team members specifically for the the console project. They were directly responsible for the massive improvements to frame rate, client load times, memory use, as well as the introduction of the 64-bit client, DirectX 11 renderer and new audio system. These changes were immediately released to the PC version as soon as they were available. Even if you're not a console gamer, this project improved the game for you.

"Chris Wilson 2017"
/facepalm

I find it funny, how Chris is trying to credit this console port thing for all the performance improvements we got recently. Like, if not for this port, they would have done nothing to improve games optimization and performance, which was horrid for a long time. Sounds legit.

How they expect pc community to keep throwing hundreds of bucks at the game (which for some people is a lot of money), when we don't even know anymore if it goes towards game version we play. I mean, console port was in development since 2015 and we didn't hear a single word about it before.

What are we funding next? PS port? MacOS port? Maybe some entirely new side project of yours, you been working on for years and we don't know nothing about?
lol, so many kids crying here.. great work GGG!! Can't wait to try out the xbox one version! Love PoE
The puritans don't like this but they are just mad cause they don't get any sex.

I'd like it if we could get some ***options*** from the console version to the PC for UI changes as I prefer classic MMORPG unit frames and more minimalist design and the console version seems to have a UI that is more inline with that IMO.
Last edited by n3xx on Jan 19, 2017, 5:39:50 PM
Im totally fine with the fact that they are spending my money on other side projects even if of course I would much prefer if my money went towards fixing the problems the game already has. My issue is that this project is likely to destroy the game that we already have. It already started going downhill and now its likely to keep getting worse and worse.

The goal for this game was to create the best hardcore arpg experience, the true successor to Diablo 2. Unfortunately we are going to be really far from that goal after the console port. I honestly cant say that Im surprised because it seems that this is what happens with all game developers once they reach a certain level in popularity/success.

RIP, the true Path of Exile is no more
Last edited by Karatecowboy on Jan 19, 2017, 5:46:31 PM
"
willianvon wrote:
lol, so many kids crying here.. great work GGG!! Can't wait to try out the xbox one version! Love PoE

It's not that they are crying. They have legitimate concerns, and they have every right to voice them (specially those who have put money into the game). And a lot of them have very valid points. I think it's bullheaded to just call them babies and blindly follow GGG like sheeple. If you really care about the game, you should be asking question.
Last edited by Lantis02 on Jan 19, 2017, 7:24:02 PM
"
Lantis02 wrote:
"
willianvon wrote:

It's not that they are crying. They have legitimate concerns, and they have every right to voice them (specially those who have put money into the game). And a lot of them have very valid points. I think it's bullheaded to just call them babies and blindly follow GGG like sheeple. If you really care about the game, you should be asking question.

Not many appear to be just asking questions but yelling and making threats.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Lantis02 wrote:
"
willianvon wrote:

Not many appear to be just asking questions but yelling and making threats.

Of course there are going to be rotten apples in the bunch, and I'd never defend that. But it it does the game and the community a huge disservice to lump the constructive criticism and legitimate concerns with those.
"
Black_Gun wrote:
so, say you're in the dev meeting and one guy proposes a cool mechanic for the act 6 bossfight that would be really cool on the pc, but could never work on the console due to control restrictions - in this hypothetical situation, does
"
"The development and direction of the PC version has not and will not change due to the existence of the console version"
mean that you will nonetheless bring the cool boss mechanic to the pc version, even if it doubles the required effort and production cost of this bossfight? do you really want us to believe that you would't just dismiss the cool idea in that situation and try to look for another mechanic that works for both pc and console?

as others have said: for very simple and very basic reasons, you cannot and will not have two versions of the game that take on completely divergent paths. therefore, it is simply impossible for the existence of the console version to not impose a "glass ceiling" for the game design of both versions. although I absolutely believe in your best intentions, I see absolutely no way for the console version to not affect the monster, bossfight and skill design of the pc version in a negative way.

Quoted for truth! and truth is game has already been negatively effected in ways seen and unseen. Power creep for one thing. Today I can make 10 times DPS with same builds and skills I used in 1.1. Game is more arcade like just as console gamer like. A melee skill like Blade flurry is total console. I'm sure there are other ways but I have not finished readin whole thread yet.
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info