"Base attack damage"?

Can someone please explain the difference between "base damage" and "base attack damage"?
Last bumped on Jan 18, 2017, 8:03:19 PM
i guess base damage is global, while base attack damage is the damage you deal doing an attack ( not a spell )
where did you see that "base attack damage" thingy anyway? skills(not all) and weapons have base damage, attacks(as in "attacks skills") don't
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
attack skill gems give a 'base attack damage' modifier.

Essentially its a standalone modifier applied to your weapons damage, so all your increased damage etc applies to your base damage after this calculation is made.
"
silumit wrote:
where did you see that "base attack damage" thingy anyway? skills(not all) and weapons have base damage, attacks(as in "attacks skills") don't

Shield Charge

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
attack skill gems give a 'base attack damage' modifier.

Essentially its a standalone modifier applied to your weapons damage, so all your increased damage etc applies to your base damage after this calculation is made.

So in the case of Facebreaker Shield Charge build, is the "base attack damage" calculation made before or after the "base damage" calculation? See skill linked in my armour.

the base is given by weapon (attack) damage including all the flat damage added to your attacks. skill modifier applies to this damage as standalone multiplier

edit: attack damage is either weapon or unarmed damage. base unarmed physical damage is 2 to (5-8) depending on class

weapon damage modifiers have no effect on unarmed damage
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jan 18, 2017, 12:53:09 PM
"
Ludvator wrote:
the base is given by weapon (attack) damage including all the flat damage added to your attacks. skill modifier applies to this damage as standalone multiplier

edit: attack damage is either weapon or unarmed damage. base unarmed physical damage is 2 to (5-8) depending on class

weapon damage modifiers have no effect on unarmed damage

I'm sorry, maybe I'm just dumb but I'm still not seeing what the difference between "base" and "base attack". I really wish the wiki was more clear on this... I kinda get what you're saying but shield charge has 2 damage modifiers...
i'm fairly sure one is for the main hit, and the other is for the area (melee attack) damage around the hit, guessing the 50% is the multiplier to area damage
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
i'm fairly sure one is for the main hit, and the other is for the area (melee attack) damage around the hit, guessing the 50% is the multiplier to area damage

that would be my guess too, but Im not sure. Ive never looked at shield charge in terms of its damage before, thats interesting that it shows 2 modifiers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info