Uul's Embrace Build - need advice

Hi Everyone!

So I started a new Hardcore Character and was absolutely set on making a Uul's Embrace build viable. Now, I have managed to get my character to a lvl 73 Champion doin tier 7 maps and have both Norm and Cruel Labs done.

Here is my Gear and Gem Set-ups:

Sooooo.....

The whole idea was a speedy bleed poison build but utilizing the Bone Nova Skill. I've managed to get the bone nova to do JUST under 10k dps and it usually poisons on hit through cospri's (im not wure what to use other than Weapon Elemental Damage, maybe poison but that would require 5G 1R - no thanks). The idea originally was to use a HUGE singe target damage attack to get bone nova to kill the pack of mobs but cyclone is just cruising through maps at the moment but if you have any suggestions for a better "one hit wonder" skill to scale my bleed more, id appreciate it.

You may be thinking "why Southbound Soldier Gloves?" Well, I've come to realize that these gloves pretty much guarantee that I get my bone nova every .5 seconds. The reasoning, and this was more based on using a bigger/slower hitting weapon, is that an enemy that dies in one hit cannot bleed so it doesn't trigger the nova but if the poison or bleed kills them it will always trigger. Not to mention 16% life and 50 cold res is pretty nice on its own. Bone nova pretty much goes off ever .5 seconds while I spin.

Next - why Red Trail and the Ammy? They add approx. 135 life with immunity to bleed's extra damage and I have 68% movement when I'm bleeding, which is always. Its pretty nice to get the 4/4 frenzy charges to increase damage a ton as well as the 10-20 phys added. This synergies pretty well with blood rage as the regen from the ammy pretty much out works the blood rage and any bleed I am inflicted with, the life leech helps a lot as well.

Here is my Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAASzBS0FPAthDjwUTRRxFewYkSFVI9MnICyULPsxnjIJMn41kjpSOuE8LUCgQzFHfkh4SshM_03jU7teE2FSYhdlTWjybEZuqm8ncmxyqXTtdqx673vDfNl99YIHg1-DzISUhNmE74Zgh2qKIoqvivCPYJARkGyaaqIAplepJ6mUrY2vbLCrtfK3PrkdvJ-9Nr6nv9XAZsQVxILE9sVTxq7PftZY2L3ZfNrB3DLqGOxc707wH_JB8kX3Mvjr_Ev-Cv6P?accountName=Goods4188&characterName=EmbraceUul

So - I've pretty much worked all the life I can form the tree without using blood magic. Blood magic is out of the question since I need to be rocking a blasphemy curse to inflict poison and I love running vulnerability and temp chains (they rick together with this build). The problem.... 4k life at lvl 73 and I need to rely on some res form the tree to over cap stuff. Now I do plan on getting perma fortify with my Merc Lab so that opens up a gem slot and I dont have a 5 link cospri so that hurts too. But other than that, I can pick up another 20% from the life near the Templar shield circle (great) but then I wont get my max damage from the axe circle in the marauder area till much later (probably around 85).

This what I imagine the tree to look like at lvl 90ish:
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAO80KwB1uR0V7IrwxIKwq76nZU29Nkd-hNmplIdqkGypJ4Tv2sF07QUteu9DMb_VU7tM_9ZYj2Aj028nmmpAoF4TIVUs-4oiJyDvTmFShmA6UryfGJH8SxRNDjwUcdl8ggfyQfjr6hh2rM9-rY33MnzZcqnE9n31xBWvpxzOK1ANzf5Uxq48LYPMtz7-Cti98kU64aZXMZ5N4_6PNZK18nJsbEYyCW6qSsiKr5ARe8ODXwthr2xo8vAfogAEs8BmxVPcMkh4BTw_JypNR-Ii4qQ5fVusR1FMykpvnvGzS1fA44MJ7FyElIlxe9RiFyyUAAAAAAA=

This final tree looks nice with 212% life but I still feel like its not enough. What do I do here? do I get added chaos and a 5 link cospri and scale the chaos circle over by vaal pact for double dip damage and drop the axe circles? Do I try to find a way to have curse applied without blasphemy and pick up blood magic (not sure how to do this). Any suggestions? The build is really cruising through maps so far and its been a TON of fun but I am afraid to do any real content above tier 6-7 confidently.

So- TLDR: what the heck do I do to get my life to like 6k while somehow getting my DPS to 30k so I can still do the high tier maps.

Figure I should throw in my damage stats to help(not home so i cant put in a screenshot):

My cyclone with warchief up is about 18.5k
Bone Nova is just under 10k
AW does about 9-10k

I have around 43%? chance to evade and 38% phys reduction before fortify with 4k health.

Thanks Everyone!

Last edited by Goods4188 on Jan 16, 2017, 10:26:38 PM
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2017, 8:44:41 AM
Wall of text? Lesson learned. I'll try again in duelist forum lol
It isn't the length of your post, you know what you're doing but the build can't deliver what you're expecting from it.

"
Goods4188 wrote:
So- TLDR: what the heck do I do to get my life to like 6k while somehow getting my DPS to 30k so I can still do the high tier maps.

So, ditch Dory's Belt, Cospri and Devoto for items with life, if that doesn't take you to 6k (and it won't), wait for devs to buff life, which might happen at a yet undisclosed point in future.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jan 17, 2017, 12:39:46 PM
212% life should get you between 6.5 and 7k if you wore life gear everywhere so you might just squeak in if you drop a couple of the uniques.

I'd be looking at the belt more than anything, doryani's phys belt is pretty bad and if my memory serves me correctly belts have just about the highest max health on them, just buy a 150 and you'll already get a fairly massive hp boost.

You'll also gain ~ 200hp on your way to 90 which is another 600 post increases with just those two changes you'd be at 5.2-5.5 I think which would squeeze you through just about.

As for the DPS just get the merciless ascendancy points for perma fortify and swap the cyclone gem for bloodlust or another more multi you think is suitable. You should be able to do this pretty easy even with 4k hp if you keep fortify up and don't try to run a key run.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Jan 17, 2017, 9:21:39 AM
You are using a LOT of uniques. Some of which provide zero life, which is gimping your ability to hit your goal. Like Draegnarr said, the first thing I would ditch would be Doryani's. The resists and damage are nice, but honestly, you can get a leather belt with SO MUCH LIFE and resists, for very little investment, or a Rustic Sash (so you still get some damage from it), with a lot of life and resists still for next to nothing.
U MAD?
So, I just got home from work and start messing around in PoeTrade... what a waste doryani's is... I'm definitely going to start there. I Feel like my boots aren't worth it either but they give decent life and I like the idea of generating charges during boss fights without blood rage and the extra 15% move speed is great.

I am thinking about going perseverance vanguard belt and dropping my boots for tri-res/life/25-30% move speed boots once i reach lvl 78. This will give me perma 20% move speed and attack speed with 7-8% life since I wil always have fortify on. Will have to test if I can get to 6k with that (probably not). Other option is kaom's boots but those have 0% move speed so i doubt I will go that route.

Any opinions on a skill to use other than cyclone since it doesn't really pair well with the axe or bleed? I am really limited to phys only because of bleed and hard hitting skills would be best but EQ aftershock doesn't work like it used to so that is kinda out of the realm now. I was also thinking about leap slam as a curse on hit with inc aoe into EQ and going blood magic or another defensive/offensive aura combo but that seems unreliable with south bound since id have to have every thing cursed to kill it.

Thanks for feedback everyone - the belt idea is definitely going to happen.
Last edited by Goods4188 on Jan 17, 2017, 9:10:57 PM
EQ is absolutely still insanely powerful (and likely the most powerful single hit damage melee skill). Check out Norse's guide in the Duelist section for the EQ build he started the league with.
U MAD?
SO i looked into that build and its basically the same thing I am using but it takes away from the idea of utilizing the bone nova. However - my on hit potential is WAY stronger than Atziri's disfavor. Obviously Disfavor is best in slow but FOr clearing maps I think I can do it just as well with this discounted uul's.

I have two paths I think i can follow... I can remove southbound (assuming i dont one shot stuff with cyclone) and get BiS rare gloves with cold res/big life/attack speed or I can keep the southbound and move to EQ.

If i stay with cyclone do yo peeps think it would be a good idea to add Iron Reflexes and one more frenzy charge (maybe two more if I can get a corrupted red trail) to boost my damage my 10% MORE? If I go EQ I can probably keep my current set up since ill need the res on the tree still.
About gear:
I'd highly recommend working on a 5-6L chest piece to up your cyclone dps.
And maybe replace even more uniques with rare items, so you can get rid of the resists in the skill tree.

Tree:
In your lvl 90 tree, I don't like the part to the right of the Scion life wheel.
A lot of skillpoints, but what do you really get for it?
I'd also want more damage. Way more damage.
Maybe something like this?
www.poeurl.com/0Lo

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
You can easily replace Boots, Betlt and Gloves with rare ones with high Life and Res. I really don't think this Boots worth it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info