[2.5] CI/LL Crit Herald Stomper Leveling Build

The purpose of this build is that it can be used on any class/character as a way of leveling up (starting at level 16+ all the way to 90+). However, you can Min/Max this build to do all content (i.e T-16+ Maps) by going CI Witch-Elementalist and use it in HardCore if you wish.

I have used this build to level up my Shadow class which I will use for other end-game builds. This is a quick guide and I'll be adding more content to this as I see fit.

Videos:
Here are some videos of the build in action:

Xoph Breach Run

Class Tree:
If you wish to play this as your main build to do all content (including HC) then follow the CI-Witch Tree. Modify the trees per your needs.

CI Witch-Elementalist Tree (Main Build):
Level 100

My Current LL Shadow Tree (Used for Leveling):
Level 87

How it works:
The build utilizes several mechanics. The main mechanic is the synergestic interaction between Herald of Thunder and Herald of Ice. The way it is currently setup it allows Herald of Thunder's second effect to proc since we apply shock and freeze to enemies around us. As such, we can use this to level up from early levels all the way to 90+.

We also use Choir of the Storm (unique amulet) to proc a level 20 Lightning Bolt every time we do a critical strike. This is a great damage dealer if our crit-chance is high enough.
On top of this we also can use Abberath's Hooves (unique boots) which can be worn at any level and does help synergize the build more. Every time that you take astep the boots proc a fire spell (AoE) that helps proc everything else (Herald of Thunder/Herald of Ice..etc).
However, these boots are NOT needed but they can help you.

In this build we also use Orb Of Storm (3-link) that provides us with crits and power charges (this is very important as it helps proc the rest of our mechanics, and thus Abberath's Hooves is not needed).

We also utilize Vaal Righteous Fire for single target. This skill is very powerful as it can literally one-shot all bosses (including Shaper). Keep in mind that bosses with multiple phases will take longer to kill as Vaal Righteour Fire needs to be replenished.
If you really want to Min/Max this build (and make it your main) then I highly recommend going CI Witch-Elementalist, this will provide much more damage and help one shot any boss.

Bandits:
Skill Point - Skill Point - Max Power Charge (+1)

Auras:
Discipline
Purity Of lightning (raises our crit chance due to Choir of The Storm, otherwise this is not needed)

Curses:
Warlord's Mark (for life/mana leech, and endurance charges)

Gear/Links:
Gear is very straight forward. You can make your own changes as you see fit (i.e. adding CWDT-immortal call setup instead of Orb Of Storm, or using boots with stun immunity...etc).

Recommended (not needed, but nice to have) Gear:
This gear is not needed, but it will help you do top tier damage for mapping. Remember that the main mechanic is Herald of Thunder/Ice for leveling. Everything else is to increase its damage to be able to do higher tier maps. For end-game build, I recommend going CI-Witch Elementalist.

My Current Gear:
If you are going CI-Witch then replace the Shavronne's armour with a Vaal Regalia (or some other unique armour that you prefer). Keep in mind that the Abberath's Hooves are NOT needed. You can also make your own changes depending on your needs and circumstances.

Jewels:
Jewels should be used to fulfill any requirements that are missing (i.e. resistances, ES...etc). If you have all your requirements (i.e. resistances, stats...etc) then you can get other stats such as elemental damage or ES.

Flasks:
This is what I currently use. You can switch them out per your preference. Flasks should be used based on circumstances.

Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Jan 22, 2017, 8:06:16 PM
Last bumped on Apr 2, 2017, 2:50:06 AM
Finally!
Just wow, i may give it a try, awesome as always <3

(Just to be clear, how mandatory are your boot right now? would skyforth be better or just normal ES boots?)
are u going to upload guardians videos and shit bro ?
"
kasimxo wrote:
Finally!
Just wow, i may give it a try, awesome as always <3

(Just to be clear, how mandatory are your boot right now? would skyforth be better or just normal ES boots?)

The Hooves are not mandatory at all. I would go with ES boots or the unique anti-stun boots.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Trust me m8,CI Witch version is completely the wrong choice. You need low life version,not CI,because for this build,we need a lot of damage,especialy if we want to kill with one shot all Guardians,or Shaper,and sry,this time,with this setup,with this gear,you cant kill with one shot any Guardians,or Shaper,because you dont have damage for that.I apologize in advance if I made a mistake in assessing
This build does NOT do bosses with multiple phases and/or insane health. That means no Atziri/Uber. But you can do 3 out of 4 guardians,we can't kill with one shot Chimera Guardian!If you're really want to do bosses with phases, you can charge multiple Vaal Righteous Fire gems.
With low life version,you can take 2 curses and 4 auras!!!
On your gear,i mean for Which version,you dont need to spent a lot of sockets for unnecessary gems,and sry,dont pick wrong weapon.If you ready using Abberath's Hooves boots,then you need to have weapon with high speel damage,high adds fire damage to spell,and high critical strike chance for spell.Try it,test,swich Doryani's and put really good Wand. Wand is 2 time better choice then Doryani's.
Then,about curse,we need 2 curse(ele weakness+flammability),and 4 auras(Anger+Discipline+Herald of thunder+Herald of ice),and especialy we need Phase run gem+increased duration,because we need a lot of more movement speed,more movement speed - more damage - more area of effect.And also very important,we do not need Enlighten gem to have all this curses and auras!
Also in passive tree,you must to have this two unique jewel:The Green Dream Viridian jewel,who will give you an equal chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill(more frenzy charge,more speed),and second good choice for jewell is:Mantra of lames,who will give you a lot of buff on fire attack damage and on fire spell damage.Also,if we want to play with low life version,not with CI,good choice to pick on gear is shield with blood magic,the best choice is: Prism Guardian Shield.
Very important ammulet for which version is: Presence of Chayla,because with that amulet we cannot be stunned and 20% of maximum life will be convert to Energy Shield,also same amulet give on us very important to +60% chaos resistance.
Trust me,i test Shadow Assasin version and this Which Elementalist version,and Which is a lot of better choice. If you want,call me sometimes in party,we can do couple high maps tier 14-16,and you will se how is Which much much better,faster then Shadow.
I have to mention,all this is important if you use Abberath's Hooves boots.
The boots work just like any other item that grants skills in that you can link things to the skill through the socket (without needing links).
In the end, i'm sorry for my bad english,English is not my national language.
This is my gear on Which:

Spoiler
Last edited by Dejan_killer on Jan 17, 2017, 4:07:42 AM
"
Dejan_killer wrote:
Trust me m8,CI Witch version is completely the wrong choice. You need low life version,not CI,because for this build,we need a lot of damage,especialy if we want to kill with one shot all Guardians,or Shaper,and sry,this time,with this setup,with this gear,you cant kill with one shot any Guardians,or Shaper,because you dont have damage for that.
On your gear,i mean for Which version,you dont need to spent a lot of sockets for unnecessary gems,and sry,dont pick wrong weapon.If you ready using Abberath's Hooves boots,then you need to have weapon with high speel damage,high adds fire damage to spell,and high critical strike chance for spell.Try it,test,swich Doryani's and put really good Wand. Wand is 2 time better choice then Doryani's.
Then,about curse,we need 2 curse(ele weakness+flammability),and 4 auras(Anger+Discipline+Herald of thunder+Herald of ice),and especialy we need Phase run gem+increased duration,because we need a lot of more movement speed,more movement speed - more damage - more area of effect.And also very important,we do not need Enlighten gem to have all this curses and auras!
Also in passive tree,you must to have this two unique jewel:The Green Dream Viridian jewel,who will give you an equal chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill(more frenzy charge,more speed),and second good choice for jewell is:Mantra of lames,who will give you a lot of buff on fire attack damage and on fire spell damage.Also,if we want to play with low life version,not with CI,good choice to pick on gear is shield with blood magic,the best choice is: Prism Guardian Shield.
Very important ammulet for which version is: Presence of Chayla,because with that amulet we cannot be stunned and 20% of maximum life will be convert to Energy Shield,also same amulet give on us very important to +60% chaos resistance.
Trust me,i test Shadow Assasin version and this Which Elementalist version,and Which is a lot of better choice. If you want,call me sometimes in party,we can do couple high maps tier 14-16,and you will se how is Which much much better,faster then Shadow.

Spoiler

you are an idiot.
Lool,say some stupid kid!
Last edited by Dejan_killer on Jan 17, 2017, 4:09:30 AM
"
weikang21 wrote:
"
Dejan_killer wrote:
Trust me m8,CI Witch version is completely the wrong choice. You need low life version,not CI,because for this build,we need a lot of damage,especialy if we want to kill with one shot all Guardians,or Shaper,and sry,this time,with this setup,with this gear,you cant kill with one shot any Guardians,or Shaper,because you dont have damage for that.

Spoiler

you are an idiot.

Each part of the explanation, without any argument, it speaks volumes about your brain, which apparently you do not have
"
Dejan_killer wrote:
Each part of the explanation, without any argument, it speaks volumes about your brain, which apparently you do not have

Lol , read his post again from the start. He is making a build using cheap gears for starters and for leveling FOR ALL CHARACTERS . While you are using someone else witch's stampede build as a reference.For heaven sake , do a cost calculations base on your build and his build , which one is more cost consuming for league starters? Green Dream ? Presence of Chayula? How much will it cost? As for you , everyone streaming online has seen your post and knows you are someone who did not even read and understand from the 1st paragraph.
Last edited by weikang21 on Jan 17, 2017, 4:16:47 AM
"
weikang21 wrote:
"
Dejan_killer wrote:

Lol , read his post again from the start. He is making a build using cheap gears for starters and for leveling FOR ALL CHARACTERS . While you are using someone else witch's stampede build as a reference.For heaven sake , do a cost calculations base on your build and his build , which one is more cost consuming for league starters? Green Dream ? Presence of Chayula? How much will it cost? As for you , everyone streaming online has seen your post and knows you are someone who did not even read and understand from the 1st paragraph.

If you have not noticed, I've noted for Which version,not for Shadow,who is little diferent,like you say,Stumped version with Abberath's boots.
Yea,true,Presence of chayla is expensive,and i understand wery well 1st paragraph.
I just show Which low version,who is little different then CI,because we can do with low version 2 curses,who is really important,and we can do 4 auras,without to use enlighten gem level 4,who is by the way much expensive then Chayla amulet,and with low version,you can also clear very fast any high maps,and you can kill any boos with one shot,that's it.
Maybe i misspoke in the post,i just wanted to mention that it is possible to play very well low life Which version on SC,not on HC,that's it.
And,i am player who want to clear any maps under 3 min,i am not player who will clear one maps more then 6- 10 min! That's why i mentioned that was phase run important for me,not for you,and also why mentioned for Green Dream jewel.
Last edited by Dejan_killer on Jan 17, 2017, 4:43:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info