[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
bravo373 wrote:
So if DS its not good what do u prefer Tiem?

I run with Writhing Jar. It has two charges and proc’s Headmans which gives us AoE and a hefty 40% more multi. No flask provides that much dps and it’s literally 1c. Not even DS can touch it. DS is way better suited for bow or MS builds that spam projectiles. We don’t generate enough projectiles to put it to good use. 20% chance to proc MB at a rate of 4 aps is pretty meh.

I personally run with Writhing Jar, Lion’s Roar and Taste of Hate. Two utility flasks. If you want 4, toss in Wise Oak. It gives some decent dps. Also remember, when you use DS, you have to drop one of the ones above, so that’s even more dps loss. If the flask was 10c, just I’d say pick it up even though I don’t think it’s that good. But for 7ex, that’s crazy. That’s the cost of Xoph’s which is a linchpin item on this build.
Deliver pain exquisite
Thanks for the suggestions with Iron Reflexes and the belt. Made me clear uber lab first try without any problems.
Last edited by Aeres on Jan 23, 2018, 4:33:01 AM
"
Berto33 wrote:
Hey there, sorry if this has been asked before. I see your set up for a molten strike version of the build, but what do you think of 5/6 linking the ngahamus and setting up a molten strike there? You only lose 1 link for the molten burst damage, and then have the cyclone for mapping and molten strike for single target still. I feel like that would be the best of both worlds but maybe you lose too much?

A 6L Ngamahu’s wouldn’t be half bad. Link your cyclone to it. Most of the support gems will apply to the MB projectiles. You’ll basically be running MB on a 5L. Make sure you get a 21 Cyclone. Bronn’s boosts it by 2 but the jump from 22 to 23 is very minimal so you won’t lose much on Cyclone.

Then you can 6L your Totem. Ancestral Warchief does serious damage even on a 2L. On a 6L he’ll probabky bring comparable dps to your Cyclone, maybe like 30% less.

Or you can swap it and run Totem on your axe, see how the support gems work out. I’m pretty sure you’d generate more dps in total (Cyclone, Totem and MB) than if you just ran your Ngamahu’s on a 6S.
Deliver pain exquisite
Didn't got the lab enchant on helmet yet;

Spoiler

Any changes?
"
"
bravo373 wrote:
So if DS its not good what do u prefer Tiem?

I run with Writhing Jar. It has two charges and proc’s Headmans which gives us AoE and a hefty 40% more multi. No flask provides that much dps and it’s literally 1c. Not even DS can touch it. DS is way better suited for bow or MS builds that spam projectiles. We don’t generate enough projectiles to put it to good use. 20% chance to proc MB at a rate of 4 aps is pretty meh.

I personally run with Writhing Jar, Lion’s Roar and Taste of Hate. Two utility flasks. If you want 4, toss in Wise Oak. It gives some decent dps. Also remember, when you use DS, you have to drop one of the ones above, so that’s even more dps loss. If the flask was 10c, just I’d say pick it up even though I don’t think it’s that good. But for 7ex, that’s crazy. That’s the cost of Xoph’s which is a linchpin item on this build.

And I have updated the flask section.

Seriously though. You could have just said "Flask section is outdated. Dying Sun is no longer useful in 3.1".

"
ljoborges wrote:
Didn't got the lab enchant on helmet yet;

Spoiler

Any changes?

Glyph Spiral will need life roll. There aer 2 wasted stat on it.

Since you are playing in Abyss league, a Stygian belt with same stats as your Rustic belt will be better.

The best boots enchantment will be "Penetrates 10% elemental resistance if you have not killed recently".

3R2B1G on Bronn provide the most damage but very costly to roll. Something you can consider in the future.

Check out the flasks section. It has been updated. :)
Spoiler

Hi,
first of all thanks for the guide, you are amazing! I linked my build here, i'm looking for suggestions to improve, I still struggle with T16's, only could kill the Hydra so far, struggling with everything else. Of course I'm running 1 phys roll Anger Watcher's eye with this, and don't plan to use Xoph's build.
How important is having Fortify in the 6link? Could something like linking Fortify to Leap and add Damage on Full life as 6th link work smoothly?
Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/GS7JWbUT
Last edited by skarlight on Jan 23, 2018, 4:56:23 PM
Just started a Duelist this weekend to try out this build, and spent the rest of the currency I still had. But I'm considering selling some stuff off my Templar because I enjoy this a lot more. If I do that, does anyone have any recommendations regarding what items require upgrades the most? My goal is to finish my Atlas. Thanks.
What's better? Tombfist without elemental weakness + watchers eye with only extra fire damage or standard gloves?
Spoiler

My gear is coming along quite nicely, some things can be upgraded easily but I'm fine with it so far.
PoB says sth around 342k Cyclone DPS + 26.8k Molten Burst on Shaper if I did the math right.
Thanks for the build!
Gear
Spoiler

Reached 1m
Last edited by Sabre_Turbo on Jan 23, 2018, 3:45:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info