Need help with quad flame totem skill tree | Hierophant

(I am a beginner and I don´t have much experience, so please don´t flame me for being nub)
I have been a fan of flame totems since I started in the Prophecy League and now I want to try a 5 flame totem build. I will do this by taking Ancestral Bond, Ritual of Awakening and the Soul Mantle. I want to combine soul mantle with Thief´s Torment or Kikazaru (which do you think will be best?) and Self-Flagellation gem.

I want to go energy shield since Soul mantel gives ES. But I am really unexperience with ES. Will Mind over Matter, Eldritch Battery and Sanctuary of thought together with some es nodes be good? And if so what es nodes is worth taking?

Tried to do my own passive tree, highly doubt that it is any good tho.
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAPslAAB7TwRDyFugp1V8Dmjy8B-iAASzwGZFRzLR6-6a4EWdU1J8g6eUXl3R_a9sC2HGrhDM-JM8LYNfES0snBBYh2Xhc5o7gpvtPNWm7DiFe2ZUlG9yD2aeWOUqE1oro_IaOJBVOtgnL4UyK7aMRsT2r6fsimvbTLMtH5UgwfOCHtsLiEId2UNU9HGnCI9Gm6H314RIXGvDbayY8Ww22EkbKo3sVRZv42okqjbpna4DdZErWHdfBBpsg8y3Pv4K2L0czitQDc3-VH0YbRkI9MBUakMRUDW5pysdT0GH-eiCxyj6V8kNfBzcjxpoWgRROhaGgismA5p1KnFiAAAAAAA=

I would love some tips and thoughts that can make this build viable.

Last edited by WilleBee on Jan 13, 2017, 10:47:14 AM
Last bumped on Feb 13, 2017, 4:54:41 PM
Hi,
Newb is ok, we all were once! Id refer you to this post and to follow the build tree and advice i give there. Later on when you are in your late 80's perhaps you might change to more Es. Personally im NOT a fan of Eldritch battery.
In your tree you take EB and that will convert all your ES to cover your mana bowl. So all that really helps with is to be able to cast spells as a type of psuedo mana. I think you want the Es to be a layer of defense and be able to absorb hits before it takes life from your red bowl.
Soul Mantle big downside is the "Inflicts a random level 20 Curse on you when your Totems die". And so with 4 totems you may well end up with 4 random curses (making you VERY vulnerable) for the sake of having 5 totems. I think that you will find 4 Totems is fine.
Its possible to remove the curses with potions , but , you need to cast all the totems quickly then drink to remove the curses, then repeat constantly.

MickJW
Last edited by OldSkoolLubber on Feb 13, 2017, 5:07:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info