Hierophant Flame Totem build advice

Hello everyone, I am trying to do hiero quad flame totem build (prob league starter) and I am looking for some advice.
This is the build i came up with: http://poeurl.com/2OO
It is a blood magic build version, for items I would use

With Anger in Essence Worm, Apep (will try to get well crafted wand/scepter later) and 2x Clear Mind jewels to maximize spell power.

Rest of the gear would be rares (I took Tukohama into consideration but it is too expensive)

My links would be:
Helmet - Flame Totem - Controlled Destruction - Faster Casting - Elemental Focus/Slower Projectiles
Boots - Searing Bond - Faster Casting - Controlled Destruction - Inc Burning Damage (leech setup)

Bandits: Oak - Kill - Kill

Path of Building DPS: ~29k (with all totems active penalty)

I thought about RF version of this build with Phoenix Shield and Purity of Fire/Vitality auras:
Tree: http://poeurl.com/2OR
A lot more Life/Regen

Links the same with RF in gloves for AoE.

DPS: ~27k with all totems active

Is it worth running RF for Spell power boost or Blood Magic version would work better (totem cost ~100, would have to use mana flask to quickly refill).
Last bumped on Feb 13, 2017, 5:46:56 PM
Hi,
Im a very experienced Flame totem user and have been playing for 3 years. I think the "items" that you display are NOT league starter items at all. You can only use ONE clear mind jewel at a time.
Your tree is an elemental build that does a LOT of travelling. Personally your build is more a mid temp league build.
Myself , every new league, i go Templar quad (Hierophant) Crit Flame Totem build with this tree,

I use a simple 4 linker Flame Totem + Faster Casting + Controlled Destruction + Elemental Focus, which will give your solid clear speed. On obtaining a 5 linker add Fire Penetration to the list of gems. Eventually make Empower your 6 th linked gem.
If you want to cheaply increase your DPs use the Three Dragons Golden Mask
Spoiler
but make sure you remove Elemental focus gem and replace it with the Increased Critical Strikes gem.
You will notice that most of the monster corpse's are "blue" indicating that they have been "shocked" (50% increased damage) , however this wont show up on your tool tip DPS
Use Flamability as your self cast curse with Anger and clarity for your Aura's. You will need a LOT of mana regen to be able to cast 4 totems and have the regen to keep up with the kill speed. You should use a Silver flask or two to increase your clear speed and dps temporarily.
Any questions , then ask.

Bandits Normal = Help Oak (+40 max life),Cruel = Help Alira (+5% cast speed), Merciless = kill all
MickJW
Last edited by OldSkoolLubber on Feb 13, 2017, 4:56:18 PM
Thanks for response.
I know items listed aren't cheap at the start of new league, but they will be dirt cheap few weeks in (especially Kaoms, because life builds suck in general). Tukohama will probably be ~10 Ex which isn't a lot if you are into it. Also good 6-link chest armour will be expensive too, few exalts at least.

Personally I dislike the idea of crit. 6L with Empower lvl 3 gives me same result as my tree according to Path of Building. You said that casting 4 totems is a big mana problem, I solve it with Blood Magic, and ascendancy + tree gives me free level 8 Fire Pen without mana multiplier. I take a lot of traveling to gain as much fire/totem dmg nodes as well as life ones.

I don't like crit builds if they're not going full (~99% with diamond flask) crit, and ignites from totems wouldn't be worth investing (look at flameblast).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info