[2.5] Hilarious Scolds-Zerphi-Flicker Strike Build - Fast Clears & Frenzy Charge Sustain vs Bosses!

Heralds for Anger saves a slot for me to put Vaal Molten Shell in to increase damage.

I like the Avatar of the veil as the Elemental Damage is good for your spells. Also, the flask effect makes you save some slots on your flask which can let you use 2 Zerphi's if necessary.

If you go the onslaught side, you have to remember the CWDT internal CD is 250ms. This means with multistrike, you have to attack at 12 times per second to reach the cap. However, at 12, you'll actually hit the cap and it won't work. Your attack speed must be as close to 12 as possible, but not over it.

If you go onslaught side you might just break the cap.
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
HSC: SwaglordYolomancerII
Time zone: GMT +8 (Hong Kong)
"
Xymordos wrote:
Heralds for Anger saves a slot for me to put Vaal Molten Shell in to increase damage.

I like the Avatar of the veil as the Elemental Damage is good for your spells. Also, the flask effect makes you save some slots on your flask which can let you use 2 Zerphi's if necessary.

If you go the onslaught side, you have to remember the CWDT internal CD is 250ms. This means with multistrike, you have to attack at 12 times per second to reach the cap. However, at 12, you'll actually hit the cap and it won't work. Your attack speed must be as close to 12 as possible, but not over it.

ok cool I didn't know the mechanic of CWDT limit

also Im dumb... we can just spam silver flask every 5sec with zerphis....

double edit: should I get MoM passive before starting using the build?
dis mah sig.
Last edited by InSaNeOo on Jan 16, 2017, 3:08:45 PM
"
InSaNeOo wrote:
"
Xymordos wrote:

ok cool I didn't know the mechanic of CWDT limit

also Im dumb... we can just spam silver flask every 5sec with zerphis....

double edit: should I get MoM passive before starting using the build?

Personally yes. Get MoM otherwise your mana will heal up too fast.
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
Updated gem links for boss killing.
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
I died like 50 times since starting using the build xD
and been kicked from the game for performing too many actions :O
lol
I love this build!!!
dis mah sig.
LOL that's like me when I started too - kept forgetting to use Zerphi's

How did you manage to get too many actions though? I've never had that o.O
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
got any vids?
My laptop is too laggy to record any unfortunately, I'll see if I can get my friend to record any. :P
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
Having spent most of my time with flicker attempting to scale up physical/poison as a shadow, I've always found the skill disappointing. Getting to maps, having great damage, but dealing with the clunky frenzy mechanics, uninspiring visuals, and guaranteed suicides on volatile, reflect, and stray hard hitters.

Building this way? It's the exact same, except fun and visually fantastic.

There's a certain type of joy from having a moment of 'wait, what killed me?', with the realization that I did, because I leveled. Celebratory suicide!

As far as the build itself, I've opted for shock nova over freezing pulse for the chance to shock, and a Dying Sun flask instead of a health potion. I'm pretty sure it's not doing much for clear speed, but more aoe and projectiles, more fun. This build has so much regen, if I run into a situation where my next flicker will kill me (which has been very rare), I just pop out blood rage, wait a few seconds, then return to the spell vomit. Not too worried about the loss of the potion.

Real talk though, how the balls do you deal with reflect? Like, one stray cascade obliterates me. Also, been curious about enchants, what synergizes with scolds breath style?

Thanks for bringing life back to one of my favourite skills, and pulling me out of the meta mire!
"
Woolliam wrote:
Having spent most of my time with flicker attempting to scale up physical/poison as a shadow, I've always found the skill disappointing. Getting to maps, having great damage, but dealing with the clunky frenzy mechanics, uninspiring visuals, and guaranteed suicides on volatile, reflect, and stray hard hitters.

Building this way? It's the exact same, except fun and visually fantastic.

There's a certain type of joy from having a moment of 'wait, what killed me?', with the realization that I did, because I leveled. Celebratory suicide!

As far as the build itself, I've opted for shock nova over freezing pulse for the chance to shock, and a Dying Sun flask instead of a health potion. I'm pretty sure it's not doing much for clear speed, but more aoe and projectiles, more fun. This build has so much regen, if I run into a situation where my next flicker will kill me (which has been very rare), I just pop out blood rage, wait a few seconds, then return to the spell vomit. Not too worried about the loss of the potion.

Real talk though, how the balls do you deal with reflect? Like, one stray cascade obliterates me. Also, been curious about enchants, what synergizes with scolds breath style?

Thanks for bringing life back to one of my favourite skills, and pulling me out of the meta mire!

That's great to hear! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

This isn't a great build (not by far) but it certainly is super super fun!

I actually die to reflect when the reflect mob has too much HP...so the build isn't that viable for leveling unfortunately...especially when my computer is quite old so my guy dies a lot due to to may firestorms cast.

I didn't choose shock nova since the middle part doesn't seem to hit things when you flicker on bosses. If I can choose, I'll use Arc for shock. (Off-hand Doryani for shock prolif instead?) My enchant is obviously horrible, but i'd go for something like BV damage or something, as your single target damage is pretty rubbish honestly...chance to gain frenzy charges with blood rage is really useful too.

Can you let me know your gem setup? My current char has rubbish single target compared to usual builds. Also it does more than half my HP per cast as damage LOL. I can't actually cast twice. So I'd actually like to know how you manage to cast twice without dying :P

Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info