[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide

"
bahamut458 wrote:
Optimistically trying this build next league start despite the lower chance of breach uniques and never having anywhere near the amount of currency for a Shavs.

What are your thoughts on an Orb of Storms + Elemental Equilibrium set up possibly with CoH + Vulnerability? Seems like a pretty easy DPS boost.

We're all in the same boat when a league starts. Getting our amulet and weapon will be more expensive, but so will everything else for other builds - it all levels out.

About your gem suggestions -- I'm not sure where you'd find a four link to swap out for that setup - One runs defensive/QoL auras, one runs offensive auras, one runs the vaal auras. I mean, not everyone follows the guide 100%, but it's hard to imagine cutting one of those 4-links.

Further to that point, especially in the first few weeks, surely you'd be better off casting more spirits rather than popping an orb, no? Early on, keeping 20 up at a time isn't easy, and when you're not casting, you're kiting around to stay alive. If you do manage to get 20 spirits up, I can't imagine the need for more damage. Even moreso, the orbs are stationary, thus only really being viable for bosses. Map bosses don't require the added damage, so I'm concluding here that you're focused more on end-game bosses such as Shaper and Ubers... In that case, there may be some merit to the idea.

Sorry about that dump - lots going through my head with all of the patch notes. To directly respond - what would suggest we drop from a gem perspective to add your proposed setup?
Last edited by ryansider on Mar 1, 2017, 3:03:34 AM
"
Unset Ring level to gem hype!! Rest of the build looks pretty untouched. Glad they didn't gut this on us.

The Unset change can be pretty useful for our Stone Golem / Discipline / Grace / Purity gems :)

"
bahamut458 wrote:
Optimistically trying this build next league start despite the lower chance of breach uniques and never having anywhere near the amount of currency for a Shavs.

What are your thoughts on an Orb of Storms + Elemental Equilibrium set up possibly with CoH + Vulnerability? Seems like a pretty easy DPS boost.

"
ryansider wrote:

We're all in the same boat when a league starts. Getting our amulet and weapon will be more expensive, but so will everything else for other builds - it all levels out.

About your gem suggestions -- I'm not sure where you'd find a four link to swap out for that setup - One runs defensive/QoL auras, one runs offensive auras, one runs the vaal auras. I mean, not everyone follows the guide 100%, but it's hard to imagine cutting one of those 4-links.

Further to that point, especially in the first few weeks, surely you'd be better off casting more spirits rather than popping an orb, no? Early on, keeping 20 up at a time isn't easy, and when you're not casting, you're kiting around to stay alive. If you do manage to get 20 spirits up, I can't imagine the need for more damage. Even moreso, the orbs are stationary, thus only really being viable for bosses. Map bosses don't require the added damage, so I'm concluding here that you're focused more on end-game bosses such as Shaper and Ubers... In that case, there may be some merit to the idea.

Sorry about that dump - lots going through my head with all of the patch notes. To directly respond - what would suggest we drop from a gem perspective to add your proposed setup?

Currency is always an issue when starting a new league, but that's true for everyone :) For the budget/lvling gear that we use, Solaris Lorica did get a small buff.

I can see the use of running Orb of Storms + CoH + Elemental Weakness (EW is better than Vuln for us, as our dmg is mainly elemental based) for bosses while leveling, when we do not have all the auras active. I'll see about adding a note about it in the leveling part of the guide.

For the final build I will not be adding a OoS+CoH+EW setup as we are simply lacking the sockets for all of them. However, I have been thinking about adding a self cast EW to the setup, at least up until you have a United in Dream and get more out of the Withfire Brew's Vulnerability.
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
Are you going to try to get the guide updated to 2.6 before the league starts? I'm very interested in trying SRS this league and your guide seems to be the best and most fleshed out. I would appreciate it if you had a general guide and updated leveling tree to get started with.

Thanks for the effort you put in!
"
SamSmitty wrote:
Are you going to try to get the guide updated to 2.6 before the league starts? I'm very interested in trying SRS this league and your guide seems to be the best and most fleshed out. I would appreciate it if you had a general guide and updated leveling tree to get started with.

Thank you and you're welcome. I can strongly recommend you to try our the SRS. It's quite fun to play, and being an auramancer on top of that is great as almost everyone will want to play with you. With the exception of ppl who finds having too much dmg is a nice way of dying to reflect ;)

I will be updating the guide with new skill trees (and possibly some other things) as soon as I'm able, which will be somewhere between the release of the new skill tree and the start of the league.

Concerning the general guide, what would you like it to contain? Should it be a general guide for summoners, or for the SRS in particular, or perhaps more?
Builds:
Something I never really understand in these kinds of builds. Why do people always go for blood magic in the tree? I feel like you're better off just using non blood magic auras and then putting 3 extra into a prism guardian shield to get similar effect without spending so many extra points into the tree.
"
Tahreyn wrote:
"
SamSmitty wrote:

Thank you and you're welcome. I can strongly recommend you to try our the SRS. It's quite fun to play, and being an auramancer on top of that is great as almost everyone will want to play with you. With the exception of ppl who finds having too much dmg is a nice way of dying to reflect ;)

I will be updating the guide with new skill trees (and possibly some other things) as soon as I'm able, which will be somewhere between the release of the new skill tree and the start of the league.

Concerning the general guide, what would you like it to contain? Should it be a general guide for summoners, or for the SRS in particular, or perhaps more?

I think the leveling guide is extremely important, especially since there are so many new players coming to the game. I would keep it confined to SRS and make it a "master" guide of sorts. There are plenty of other guides out there, but you could easily make this the best one for SRS.

It might be nice to have a couple alternative builds for SRS if you are interesting in developing them. Depending on the nerfs/buffs that come, life might become a lot more viable, ect. I would always keep the top build, in this case it seems to be the LL Auramancer still, the focus of the post.

There are a few outdated things in the guide now, mentioning Essence league and all. Might be time for a quick QoL update and generally clean it up for 2.6 and into 3.0. You seem to know your stuff about SRS though, so I would love to see you keep developing it.
"
Betainvite wrote:
Something I never really understand in these kinds of builds. Why do people always go for blood magic in the tree? I feel like you're better off just using non blood magic auras and then putting 3 extra into a prism guardian shield to get similar effect without spending so many extra points into the tree.

I've somewhat hidden a non blood magic skill tree at 2.5. if I recall right, if you want to check it out. There are a few reasons to spending all those points travelling down to the BM nodes and the most prominent of them is of course the 50% less mana reserved node. A few other reasons are that there isn't that many other clusters that we benefit a lot from, you get to chose a good ES shield to cover for the relatively low ES of Shavronnes wrappings (and MF gear if you chose to go MF), you can solve your mana issues by using a Stone golem + helmet enchant (no need to hunt for %mana regen on items or invest skill points in it), and you can get the aura cluster at the duelist tree as well. There's probably a few more reasons, but these what what I came to think about straight away.

"
SamSmitty wrote:
"
Tahreyn wrote:

I think the leveling guide is extremely important, especially since there are so many new players coming to the game. I would keep it confined to SRS and make it a "master" guide of sorts. There are plenty of other guides out there, but you could easily make this the best one for SRS.

It might be nice to have a couple alternative builds for SRS if you are interesting in developing them. Depending on the nerfs/buffs that come, life might become a lot more viable, ect. I would always keep the top build, in this case it seems to be the LL Auramancer still, the focus of the post.

There are a few outdated things in the guide now, mentioning Essence league and all. Might be time for a quick QoL update and generally clean it up for 2.6 and into 3.0. You seem to know your stuff about SRS though, so I would love to see you keep developing it.

I agree that the leveling part of the guide can need some love. I had to cut away a lot that I had written in an earlier version of the guide that I had in another thread, as I had reached the post limit of 50k chararcters. I'll see what I can manage to do to improve it while I'm updating the skill trees.

I have had thoughts about including other summoner skills into the guide as well, but last I checked it felt like I would more or less be rewriting parts of other guides instead of adding something new. Thanks for the tip about the essence references, I'll keep that in mind in my next revision.
Builds:
Same here, I've never played a summoner and I'm excited to perhaps try SRS as a league starter.
1st thx for awesome detailed guide Tahreyn.

Few words from me. Im still newbie in PoE (breach is my 1st league, started arround 20 Jan) and i like read your guide and plan use it on legacy league but in many aspects im confused.

I lost in gear section i dont know for what gear i should look on new league start (from my understand i should look on 2.4 MF version??) any chance for real budget solo-self found start? (1st week)? (General gear section could be much clear, ofcoz its only my personal opinion.)

How about decent replacements for Breach items? I think we will w8 for show them up on trade.

Last one i dont see mention how this build is viable in Uber Lab later whit expensive gear (i assume i can solo make it in non-speed/nonmax keys run just for ascend early.)

[Sorry for my bad englando :)]
"
Peszek wrote:
1st thx for awesome detailed guide Tahreyn.

Few words from me. Im still newbie in PoE (breach is my 1st league, started arround 20 Jan) and i like read your guide and plan use it on legacy league but in many aspects im confused.

I lost in gear section i dont know for what gear i should look on new league start (from my understand i should look on 2.4 MF version??) any chance for real budget solo-self found start? (1st week)? (General gear section could be much clear, ofcoz its only my personal opinion.)

How about decent replacements for Breach items? I think we will w8 for show them up on trade.

Last one i dont see mention how this build is viable in Uber Lab later whit expensive gear (i assume i can solo make it in non-speed/nonmax keys run just for ascend early.)

[Sorry for my bad englando :)]

Go to "2.0. Skill Trees, Ascendancy, and Leveling" > "2.3. Starting a League with this build" for some new league tips.

Well there is a part mentioning gear on a non-breach league, "4.0. Gear, Gems & Links" > "4.3. Standard Damage Setup". Most (if not all?) items are easy to find or buy, the worst part is ofc shavs chest but that can be replaced by Lorica as mentioned and the shavs ring can be replaced with whatever ring IMO to start with (I'm at T15 maps without it, only using one unset ring and a yellow MF ring). If you are going for the SSF league it might be very hard as low life requires one of the two chests that grants the effect of chaos damage not bypassing energy shield.

Eye of Chayula is going to be more expensive I believe but we don't know how much the leaguestones will change that, as it might be possible to get a "Area contains chayula breach" or something like that. It might even be the case that you will encounter chayula breaches more often than before. I can't see it being as rare as it was in Breach with a league where you don't encounter it as often, that would be kind of strange IMO.

For Uber Lab I leave that to Tahreyn as he has far superior knowledge of this than me and the text above is my own opinion about the stuff you asked :)

"
Tahreyn wrote:
Thank you =)

I've been thinking of using the Minion Instability, but when I have tried it I haven't noticed any difference in aoe heavy fights. And then there's the part that unless the boss 1 shots the spirits they'll probably do more damage in their last seconds of life by hitting the target, compared to the explosion dmg.

I'll see about adding that extra skill tree when I'm updating the guide for the 2.6. Skill tree.

Yeah, that was my conclusion as well but I just wondered since it was just a single point away. Would be cool with the skill tree :) but you have much other stuff on your list too so no worries.

I was thinking about another thing, this one:
"
Brinerot Mark: No longer is supported by level 15 Concentrated Effect. No longer is supported by level 15 minion life. Increased Spell Damage mod increased to 20-25%. Increased Level of Socketed Golem Gems increased to +3. Now socketed golem gems have +25% buff effect. Now socketed golem gems have 20% of golem life added as Energy Shield.

So that's +1 more level to the Stone Golem as well as having +25% buff effect (which I believe is the life reg?). Together with additional 20% of golems life as energy shield. That sounds to me as a pretty good option before you get a Shavs ring, unless that ring is going to be very easy to get in Legacy.
Last edited by Kamelkungen on Mar 1, 2017, 2:13:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info