[2.5] Explosive Gladiator - Blade Flurry / Max Block - One shot T15 bosses!

"
wde97 wrote:

Icaros,

Thank you for the explanation! That makes sense. I'm still learning the mechanics of the game, especially the "double dipping" type of stuff with bleed and poison.

Do you think these boots would be a good option? Adds Chaos damage and resist, and a bunch of strength.

They're OK, not great. If you're running Cospri's Will or a Doedre ring for double curse, you're losing a huge resist slot, and a life roll. It will be hard to cap your resists wearing those. For reference, an Added Chaos gem in your links adds 170 to 256 Chaos dmg at level 20. Adding an average of 40 to that is a small increase I wouldn't consider worth it, at least in end game. No harm in trying them out, though.
"
Icaros wrote:
"
wde97 wrote:

Icaros,

Thank you for the explanation! That makes sense. I'm still learning the mechanics of the game, especially the "double dipping" type of stuff with bleed and poison.

Do you think these boots would be a good option? Adds Chaos damage and resist, and a bunch of strength.

They're OK, not great. If you're running Cospri's Will or a Doedre ring for double curse, you're losing a huge resist slot, and a life roll. It will be hard to cap your resists wearing those. For reference, an Added Chaos gem in your links adds 170 to 256 Chaos dmg at level 20. Adding an average of 40 to that is a small increase I wouldn't consider worth it, at least in end game. No harm in trying them out, though.

Good points! Thanks again for the input!
now is cospri's a must have for this build, or could i just use a skin of the loyal?
Please reply to your whispers for items... Even if you are mapping, in a rotation, in uber lab, or if its sold. Thank you. :D
I'm using a build similar to this one. 2 days playing level 83, sooo much fun.

Unfortunately, I'm not using the red nightmare cause it's expensive as hell atm. I'm using the old Anvil + jewels with block and aegis to cap it.

Vaal cyclone is pretty good for breach so far. The only problem is my hp, but it's my fault for using different items. It's at 4.9k, I just did uber lab with 2 close calls. XD

I'm loving it.
Last edited by SupaMF on Jan 14, 2017, 9:56:46 PM
What are the first things you want to get on the ascendancy when you do all the labs?
Please reply to your whispers for items... Even if you are mapping, in a rotation, in uber lab, or if its sold. Thank you. :D
Thanks for the Vaal Breach idea, bosses die so fast now. I don't even use Vaal Cyclone or concentrated effect.
"
mattislouie wrote:
What are the first things you want to get on the ascendancy when you do all the labs?

Painforged - Versatile Combatant - Gratuitous Violence - Violent Retaliation

In that order, is what I did.
Get the survivability first to make it through harder labs. Get the nice to have dmg boosts after.
Now that I got my things I needed, I just have to level up now.
I had a very easy time at Uber Lab because of all that block, and I killed Atziri
with no deaths. Thank you for the guide. :)

Hi. I wanted to try a max block character and decided to roll with this one. I'm new to this game so don't mind some noob questions. Three things:

1. It's difficult to survive with less life(since we are using Cospri's). Can I use another armor like "Belly of the Beast" ? Or "Lightning Coil" ?

2. How can I truly make this build immortal? Like we have adequete defense against small hits from trash mob packs. But what can I do to tank large hits? I'm guessing something like "Formless Inferno" + "Lightning Coil" + arctic armor ?

3. Pack clear speed is very good, but I'm lacking single target dps. How does varunastra scale in late game?

-Thanks
"
korynx wrote:
Hi. I wanted to try a max block character and decided to roll with this one. I'm new to this game so don't mind some noob questions. Three things:

1. It's difficult to survive with less life(since we are using Cospri's). Can I use another armor like "Belly of the Beast" ? Or "Lightning Coil" ?

2. How can I truly make this build immortal? Like we have adequete defense against small hits from trash mob packs. But what can I do to tank large hits? I'm guessing something like "Formless Inferno" + "Lightning Coil" + arctic armor ?

3. Pack clear speed is very good, but I'm lacking single target dps. How does varunastra scale in late game?

-Thanks

You can use another chest, but the second curse, free poison and bypass hexproof are much more valuable than a small bump in HP.
Nearly all one shot mechanics can be avoided, so practicing manual dodging is important. This build is very tanky, but only CI/vaal pact builds can facetank everything.

You shouldn't really struggle with survivability until Guardians. If you're hitting a wall, you could run Enfeeble in place of temp chains.

There is no "truly immortal" life build. You could try to stack armor, endurance charges and arctic armor but then you'd be playing a different build. Offense is defense. The best way to stay alive is to kill things faster.

you're lacking DPS because you need:
levels
gem levels and quality
Atziri's Promise
damage jewels (see jewels in first post)
rustic sash as belt
Ancestral Warchief
Blood Rage
Flat phys and/or chaos damage on jewelry once you get all those in place
Also, make sure you're swapping in Concentrated Effect on bosses.

Elemental damage doesn't contribute to bleed or poison, so using hatred and herald of ash with this build is counter intuitive.
Bleed, poison, vulnerability and temp chains don't show in your tooltip, but together they do somewhere in the range of 5x more damage than your DPS without them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info