[2.5] CI Golem - Necro AND Elementalist - Everything Viable - WIP

=============About Me:=============
Experienced player with 8k+ Hours of played time since closed beta. Have done pretty much everything this game has to offer. I decided I wanted to push Golems as far as I could. I have tested tons of combinations of every type of golem and I feel this is the most viable build that I have tried myself so far. Patch 2.5 obviously made Golem Mancer possible. This build can do all current content and all mods.

=============Choices:=============

Necro or Elementalist?

Choices:
Elementalist: Extra Golem - Flexibility
Necromancer: More Minion Damage (Not necessary more overall), Rumis + Bone Offering Setup

=============Questions And Answers:=============
Spoiler
Questions:
Q: Why don't you stack Primordial Might?
A: To be honest, I tried it. I had somewhere around 6 mights. I felt like damage was severely lacking and the clear was too slow. There has been a few reports of the Jewel not working properly. I tend to notice the same thing. My clear speed did not change from 1 to 6 mights. Therefore, we only use 1 Might for the "Your Golems are Aggressive" as it seems to be the only part of the jewel working.

Q: Why not Hybrid?
A: I don't like hybrid, The EHP argument is pretty flawed when you'll be out of your ES the entire time therefore I focus on ES. With this build 12k ES is achievable. It also allows you to use more important flasks.

Q: What are you scaling?
A: This build focuses around scaling "Magma Ball" - A move by Summon Flame Golem: "Projectile AoE spell, 100% Fire, targets ground like Magma Orb so it can't pierce/chain/fork, supported by spell/AoE and some projectile supports."

Q: Why Elemental Equilibrium?
A: Ball Lightning Procs EE with our Curse on Hit of Elemental Weakness and Flammability. If Elemental weakness is 20% Quality that gives us -138% Resist and -85.2% on Map Bosses (60% LESS Curse effect, does not effect EE). Also, your golems do not cause EE.

Q: Why take a 5 Point Jewel instead of a 4 Point Jewel (Left side of tree)?
A: Strength requirement. If you can make up the strength else where you can swap it :)

=============::::Passive Tree and Ascendancy::::=============
Spoiler

Necromancer:

Golem Setup: 5 Flame Golems

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAL5PAO4NfJuKEVAN4hXXFy8YPBhWGyUc3B0UHU8d2R8YIvQo-ipNLL8s6TW5PC0_J0GHQ1RGcUiOjLFJsUrIS65Ms025UUxR-1IpVdZV4FZjV8lYWlqRXGtfsLGQZOdqrGvbbAttGS2obqpvO2-eeA17w30YfVt_xoCkgseDCYNfg8yESITFhWCGroaziEKKrxUnjxqPRpARkyeYrUeFm6GbtaEvpwinK6h9qsSsR7QMtfK3PriTvSfsg76AvorAGsHFw23KSsrTzLzNFtAf0_vXz9lb34ri9-kC6rrr7uwY7IrviO_r9HH31_k3-ej60g==

poeurl.com/ZRZ

Ascendancy: Necromancer
Mistress of Sacrifice
Spirit Eater
Two small nodes on the right side of the tree. I dont like Beacon as you will not be resummoning a lot with this build.

Elementalist:

Golem Setup: 4 Flame Golem, 1 Stone Golem, 1 Chaos Golem (For Harmonies)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCABM1AO4NfEyLEVDfbRXXFy8YPBhWGyUc3B0UHU8d2R8YIvQo-ipNLL8s6TW5PC0_J0GHQ1RGcZD670tJsUrIS65Ms025UUxR-1IpVdZV4FZjV8lYWlqRXGtfsLGQZOdqrGvbbAttGS2obqpvO2-eeA17w30YfVt_xoCkgseDCYNfg8yESITFhWCGroaziEKKrxekjxqPRpARkyeYrdyNm6GbtaEvpwinK6h9qsSsR7QMtfK3PriTvSfUB76AvorAGsHFw23KSsrTzLzNFtAf0_vXz9lb34ri9-kC6rrr7uwY7IrviO_r9HH31_k3-ej60g==

poeurl.com/ZRY

Ascendancy: Elementalist
Liege of the Primordial - Points after this dont honestly matter much.

*******Something that has been brought to my attention is that ZO is actually possible here. Using the Boots enchant: "Regenerate 2% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently" and swapping the two Mana nodes to the life regen nodes next to the Scion start area. This would give you 2% on boots, 1.7% on tree and possibly using The Sorrow of the Divine or getting ZO yourself on your tree. You would then drop Essence Surge most likely as you wouldn't need it.

=============::::Current Gear(Necro)::::=============
Spoiler

==:Jewels: 12:==
1x Energy from Within
1x Primordial Might (Emphasis on the Golem Damage)
1x The Anima Stone
2x Primordial Eminence - Emphasis on the % attack Speed (20%)
7x Primordial Harmony (Good Rolls) - Emphasis on the Cooldown Reduction and % Damage (30% and 20%)

Stat Requirements:
Dex: 155 (Vaal Haste lvl 20), 114 (GMP)
Str: 134 (Clayshaper)
Int: 155

Luckily you get most of these just from traveling the tree itself. If you need to while you gear there are plenty of +30 nodes along the way.

Flasks:

Add Kiara's for Stun, Chill, Curses, Freeze

Rumi's + Bone Offering is a no brainier here. It will give you tons of block for essentially free.

=============::::Links(necro)::::=============

Spoiler
6L: Summon Flame Golem (21/20) -> Empower 4 -> Ele Focus -> Minion Damage -> GMP -> Spell Echo

If no Empower 4, use Controlled Destruction instead

4L: Ball Lightning -> Curse on Hit -> Elemental Weakness -> Flammability

4L: CWDT -> Immortal Call -> Desecrate -> Bone Offering (In that order if possible)

3L: Enlighten lvl 3 -> Anger -> Generosity

3L: Vaal Disc -> Vaal Haste -> Increased Duration

Remaining Gems: Discipline, Convocation, Flesh Offering, put these where you can.

=============::::Links(Elementalist)::::=============

Spoiler
6L: Summon Flame Golem (21/20) -> Empower 4 -> Ele Focus -> Minion Damage -> GMP -> Spell Echo

If no Empower 4, use Controlled Destruction instead

4L: Ball Lightning -> Curse on Hit -> Elemental Weakness -> Flammability

4L: CWDT -> Immortal Call -> Desecrate -> Flesh Offering

3L: Enlighten lvl 3(If Needed) -> Anger -> Generosity

3L: Vaal Disc -> Vaal Haste -> Increased Duration

Remaining: Discipline -> Enlighten 3(If needed) -> Convocation

Remaining: Chaos Golem

Elementalist Theorycrafting:

Spoiler
Since there is a TON of increased damage you would be receiving from Liege of the Primordial and potentially the rest of your tree there is an option here. We can drop Elemental Equilibrium and decide to do damage on our character.

Possibilities:

Vaal Fireball, Flameblast, Firestorm, Fireball

At best this would be in a 4L pref with 3 More Multipliers. I have not tested this myself as this would only be an increase on boss killing speed (MAYBE) at best. If someone wants to test this please feel free to report your findings here.

Some Rough Math:

IF 4 Flame Golem (40% Inc x 4) = 160% Inc Damage
IF 6 Flame Golem (40% Inc x6) = 240% Inc Damage
IF Pendulum of Destruction = 100% Inc Damage
IF Mastermind of Discord = 25% Fire Pen - Using Ball Lightning to proc
IF Paragon of Calamity Proc = 40% Inc Damage
-Tree: 40% Inc Damage

Total Inc Damage:
4 Golems: 340% Inc Damage - 25% Pen + 44% Pen (Ele Weakness) + 44% Pen (Flammability) (60.2 on Bosses)
6 Golems: 420% Inc Damage

=============::::Pros and Cons::::=============

Spoiler
Pros:
1. Pretty much an AFK Build
2. Lots of damage
3. Minimal Effort
4. Extremely Fast Clear
5. Can run all maps / mods
6. Fun to play
7. Extremely Versatile
8. Can be played actively instead of passively (Ball Lightning EE etc)

Cons:
1. Expensive
2. Other builds that cost similarly may be individually better at specific things than this build
3. Hard to do the math behind the build itself
4. Proximity Shield mobs are kind of annoying (Convocate on top of them)
5. If you play it on HC you'll have a decent sized respec cost since its a Jewel Build

Last edited by Viyro on Jan 12, 2017, 12:15:25 AM
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2017, 6:21:21 PM
Near the Harrier node, how come you chose increased attack speed, instead of spell damage?

Edit: I fully converted to CI following your tree. So far, it's great.

Thank you for sharing.
Last edited by DrDraePhD on Jan 8, 2017, 4:50:49 AM
To be honest, neither do anything for you really. You could also grab the jewel node on the left side of the tree (4 points) instead of taking the nodes somewhere where it costs 5 points to get said jewel socket. But, likely you will need the strength! Forgot to add this to the Q/A.

Also, you're welcome!
Last edited by Viyro on Jan 8, 2017, 1:24:18 PM
@viyro

That makes sense on saving the points for the nodes. Basically, use as much jewel nodes for as little points.

Also, I added flame dash using an unset ring. The build was lacking some speed and mobility xD.
Yeah I was going to add a flame dash but, found I always was using Ample Quicksilver with Vaal Haste 24/7 so ran pretty fast. Constantly offscreening and golems getting pulled to you. Was around ~350-375m/hour in merc lake. Was quite fun! :)

Flame dash should give you that mobility that you seek tho!
Last edited by Viyro on Jan 8, 2017, 4:49:22 PM
I went CI and followed your tree. Sitting at 9.4ES at lvl 80. This is a great build.

Question though, I decided to go Elementalist instead of Necromancer purely for the Ele Immunity since I've heard this will come in handy when you get to T16, Shaper bosses. Can you say one way or another, why you would choose Necro over Ele or vice versa? Were you able to do Shaper using Necro?

Thank you.
Is elemental focus better than concentrated area effect?
Err, what ascendancies are you running?

Guessing this has necro in mind, but it seems that Elementalist is actually stronger according to most people that have been running it.
Last edited by ToastedToasters on Jan 8, 2017, 8:12:01 PM
this build use by Elementalist?
I ran Necromancer for the Offering bonus to you, random minion dmg nodes and Commander of Darkness.

I will add this to the main post. Sorry, I'm not sure why I left it out.

You can run Elementalist for the 6th golem if you want. But, you'd probly run 1 Chaos Golem, 1 Stone Golem, 4 Fire Golems (Should be more damage with Harmony stacking).

In this case I'd only run 1 Eminence.

Edit: Added above.
Last edited by Viyro on Jan 8, 2017, 10:32:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info