Mathil build list v2

Thanks for the guides
What can i improve in wander?...

You guys who play ice shot / barrage raider build. What major and minor pantheon do you use? Lunaris and Yugul?
"
Laijnuz wrote:
You guys who play ice shot / barrage raider build. What major and minor pantheon do you use? Lunaris and Yugul?

Lunaris for maping, Solaris for bosses.
Yugul is the best in most cases yes.
"
Laijnuz wrote:
I have a question about the Yriel's Fostering chest on ice shot / barrage raider build. Does the projectile critical strike chance on chest works with ice shot gem aswell even if ice shot gem is on bow or it must be on the chest?

Gem can be on any item and it will work.
Regarding the Ice Shot/Barrage build.

For anyone using a 6L ice shot setup, I found the Increased Crit Strikes gem to work much better for mapping than the cold pen recommended by Mathil.

Whilst Cold Pen does give higher dps when you have your diamond flask up, the crit gem wins when you don't have that flask up (at least according to PoB with my gear). Also, the crit gem allows for much more reliable crits and thus freezes, making mapping much safer en enjoyable (icesplosions ftw). The crit strikes gem also makes Ice Shot have lower manna consumption 51 vs 63 with cold pen, so helps a bit if you run out of mana often.

Also, for anyone looking for a cheaper and tankier alternative to +1 Darkray Vectors, use a corrupted +1 frenzy Kaom's Roots. They are super cheap, give you 600 extra life and stun immunity. You do lose some damage and a chunk of movespeed though. So for general mapping Darkrays are better. Definately Kaom's for Guardian/Shaper though.
Last edited by Fritso on Sep 20, 2017, 7:48:52 AM
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Asyyra/characters
https://pastebin.com/X1txqsiH

Any suggestions on what to improve on my wander? For bosses i use this amulet rather than bisco's:

Rarity: Rare
Damnation Locket
Citrine Amulet
--------
Requirements:
Level: 64
--------
Item Level: 81
--------
+24 to Strength and Dexterity
--------
+269 to Accuracy Rating
+35% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
+30 to maximum Mana
40% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
+40 to maximum Life

Damage seems good, 36k barrage dps in hideout with both golems up, life at 5.800 exactly, yet I'm struggling to kill guardians. I can kill them, don't get me wrong, but not without getting one shot a couple of times. Just at a loss of what to focus on upgrading, and how tank bosses better. Maybe i just need to get good and dodge more, but I feel really susceptible to oneshots.

Could obviously use better jewels, but not sure if i should go for 2 damage mods and a max life roll or just straight damage.

Any help is appreciated.
Last edited by Asyyra on Sep 20, 2017, 11:36:39 AM
"
Fritso wrote:

For anyone using a 6L ice shot setup, I found the Increased Crit Strikes gem to work much better for mapping than the cold pen recommended by Mathil.

Whilst Cold Pen does give higher dps when you have your diamond flask up, the crit gem wins when you don't have that flask up (at least according to PoB with my gear). Also, the crit gem allows for much more reliable crits and thus freezes, making mapping much safer en enjoyable (icesplosions ftw). The crit strikes gem also makes Ice Shot have lower manna consumption 51 vs 63 with cold pen, so helps a bit if you run out of mana often.

Also, for anyone looking for a cheaper and tankier alternative to +1 Darkray Vectors, use a corrupted +1 frenzy Kaom's Roots. They are super cheap, give you 600 extra life and stun immunity. You do lose some damage and a chunk of movespeed though. So for general mapping Darkrays are better. Definately Kaom's for Guardian/Shaper though.

I see in his PoB for the lioneyes jewel version he has projectile weakness, do you think that would be better if you have good gear? still kinda useless vs bosses. Would be nice to run proj weakness with blasphemy, but then you can't use herald of ice.
"
agent0 wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:

I see in his PoB for the lioneyes jewel version he has projectile weakness, do you think that would be better if you have good gear? still kinda useless vs bosses. Would be nice to run proj weakness with blasphemy, but then you can't use herald of ice.

Just put it in ur Chin sol, Orb of storms+curse on hit+pwr charge on crit+proj weakness.
I see no reason to use another iceshot setup.
Hi, first of all I like your builds!

I am following Mathil's build Terminus Est Flicker Strike Slayer.
I have a question about the ascendancy points allocation.

In the build the ascendancy skills taken are: Endless Hunger, Bane of Legends, Headsman and Brutal Fervour. I understand the first three ascendancy skills, but why Brutal Fervour and not Impact.
Impact gives you melee splash and I don't see melee splash in your gem setup either (Flicker, Ruthless, Brutality, Multistrike, Melee phys, Increased Critical strikes).

In other builds I do see impact over Brutal Fervour. Is melee splash not needed for this build? Please explain why.

Thanks in advance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info