2.5.1 Level 100 Inquisitor Vaal Spark, LL/CI/BUDGET versions + atlas shaping

I'm currently level 100 on Breach SC, although this build is 100% HC viable. I've played many variation of this build and leveled as Vaal spark to 100 in both perandus and talisman, when scion was the best and then inquisitor. I'll try my best to go over the required gears and the different variation of styles to play this build.

That being said, this is not 100% my build, these are just my versions in the current patch of this build. I've leveled with skin of the loyal and managed to get over 10k es on pretty low requirement gear, and was able to farm t14-15's pretty efficiently.

Pros:
-Insane clear speed
-Two builds CI
-Vaal pact for instant leech
-Can do t15 bosses, t16 clear, no guardians. I have a boss killer for that.
-Shatters everything, no more fear of dying offscreen to porcupines.
-Afk breaches
-Ultimate farming build with the correct filter ( I will link the filter I edited in the links below)

Cons:
-Squishy-ish
-Can't go through rocks or terrains on projectiles, have to do mostly open maps
-Can't face tank bosses without vaal spark
-Need proper flask and skill managements

My gear at level 100:
Spoiler

Cheapest/starting version gear requirements:
Spoiler
You need at least ONE sacrificial harvest and one chill of corruption, stacking chill doesn't work; stacking harvest does up to 3x.
Spoiler

Skin of the Loyal is pretty much the best in slot armor you can get for your budget. Its a free +1 6L, with 100% ES bonus for 100 or so chaos. Nothing beats that price per chaos spent. COTB is 100% necessary for vaal spark to work. Shatter gives you extra vaal souls, which is needed to chain vaal spark.
Spoiler

Dagger and shield:
The perfect spell dagger: Spell crit - Spell damage - x-x damage to spell - attack speed - Multi
The minimum spell dagger: Spell crit - Spell damage - attack speed
Shield: 300+ ES, resist - spell crit is a luxury
Spoiler

Jewelry:
Here, you just want something to fill in the extra resist and gives you raw ES.
The perfect ring would look something like this
Spoiler

Your necklace choices varies depending on what style of the build you want to play. You can get either :
to cap that max crit easier and a is a huge dps boost. But doing so means you have to make up for a lot of resist somewhere because you're using skin of the loyal. Or you can get something cheaper and easier to cap res with like:
Spoiler

Belt:
Crystal belt base with ES, Res and maybe strength if you can afford it. I wouldn't even get any other base if you're using skin of the loyal, you get too much ES from crystal base.
Spoiler

Helm:
300+ES, high res. 250+ if you can't afford 300+.

Boots:
Either high movement speed, es, resist sorc boots or void walkers so you can drop pierce nodes. I'd still keep pierce gem for the more % proj multiplier.

Medium/High-Budget CI Vaal Spark:
Spoiler
Here, we will use a 6L Vaal Regalia, if you don't have a 6L vaal regalia, the skin of the loyal is STILL better and therefore you shouldn't even use a 5L. 2g4b still - i'm just linking a random 6L regalia for reference on how good the regalia should be before you can switch to this version.
Spoiler

Dagger and Shield:
The perfect spell dagger: Spell crit - Spell damage - x-x damage to spell - attack speed - Multi
The minimum spell dagger: Spell crit - Spell damage - attack speed
Shield: 300+ ES, resist - spell crit is a luxury
Spoiler

Helmet:
300+ ES with resistances, look out for 30% proj speed to craft for later.
Spoiler

Belt:
Crystal belt is still BiS here. ES + Res + reduced flask charges used if you can afford it.
Spoiler

Amulet:
Choir is still top tier here, even more so now that you have a regalia to make up for resistances.
There are no better necklaces until you can get - Spell crit, multi, ES flat, es%, res.
Spoiler

Rings:
COTB + Resist ES Rings. With a vaal regalia, you can make diamond ring work.
Spoiler

Boots:
Either go for high es, movement speed + Res sorc boots or Skyforths if you can afford it.
Spoiler

Insanely high-budget low-life version gear requirements:
Spoiler
I won't go too much into explaining here, everything is pretty much self explanatory. Shavs for LL to work, presence of chayula for extra es + stun avoidance + chaos res, I got skyforths even though I don't need it. Headhunters just because I can.
Spoiler

Magic Find Version:
Spoiler

Trees:

Ascendencies:
Spoiler
Normal - Righteous Providence
Cruel - Inevitable Judgement
Merciless - Instrument of Virtue
Uber - Augury of Penitence

Bandits:
Spoiler
Normal - kill all or help kraityn if you need res
Cruel - Kill all or help kraityn once you feel like you have enough dmg for clear speed
Merciless - Help alira for power charge

Important Enchants:
Spoiler
You NEED life and mana leech enchant on your boots if you want to run this build without a mana flask. Otherwise you can get 90% chance to avoid getting stunned if you can't afford kiara's or skyforths/chayula or valyrium.
Helm enchants - 3 spark proj if you want to focus on killing bosses, 30% Proj speed if you want to grind to 100 fast.

Gem links and choices:
Spoiler
Most people run a 6L Vaal Spark and a 4L Spark. I usually only run a 6L Vaal spark for lower maps when I know I can one shot everything while chaining VS. Otherwise, for t13s+, I prefer to run a 6L Spark and a 5L vaal spark, yes I said 5. Horror (3.5% crit on gloves) gives you the option to run something else besides ICS on your 4L, which opens it up for another damage gem.

Damage Gems Links:
Spoiler
Just switch between vaal spark and spark, everything else stays the same. The 4L should go into horror gloves if you're planning on doing higher end contents, t15-16 maps. Again, guardians can't be killed with this build. But you can relog into a boss killer and do it after you clear maps.
Spoiler

Spoiler

The rest of the links are what I found most efficient and effective without wasting so many chromes:
Boots:
Spoiler

If you're CI, you can't run wrath, just run CWDT - IC or something.

Helm:
Spoiler

Shield:
Spoiler

Weapon: This depends on if you can get Skyforths or The Blue Dream
Spoiler
If you can get either one of these, then run this for flask charges.
Spoiler
If not, then run this for power charges
Spoiler

Horror or Insanity gloves?
Spoiler
Personally, I like doing higher maps sometimes and I feel that with a headhunter, I don't even need the speed from insanity gloves. Someone can argue that insanity is better for clear speed, I won't stop them. But we have flasks like these
Spoiler
that make us insanely fast already. Horror allows me to run vaal spark in it and provides me enough damage from that 5L alone so I can run a 6L spark, or vice versa. Makes boss killing that much easier, because we don't really need help on trash.
Spoiler

What to do to get power charges without skyforths?
Spoiler
There are a few ways to get power charges. We can do run skyforths and never worry about it again, but 95% of players don't have that budget. With the introduction of breaches, we have this pretty little thing
Spoiler
Upon reading, it gives you chaos damage conversion, which is already nice. Makes killing those bosses a LITTLE easier. But it also gives you a HUGE chance to get power charges on kill if you're next to lightning or all res nodes. Unless I'm understanding wrong, the all res nodes should DOUBLE DIP into the % for the power charges gained %. So 8% all res, should gives it 8% power charge from all res, and also 8% from lightning res? Would need GGG staff to confirm. Anyways, it goes here.
The other way is to run Assassin's mark - Curse on Hit - Herald of Ice. Here is how it works:

How to level?
Spoiler
If you have a 1/20% Quality Spark and Vaal spark, you can level as spark. Otherwise, you can do 1-12, freezing pulse + fire traps. 12-dried lakes firestorm.

Links for spark for leveling - Increased crit strikes, PCOC, Spark, Controlled destro, Faster casting (change out for spell echo later), added light damage. Once you can use pierce/faster proj, change it out accordingly
Links for firestorm - Firestorm - Added light dmg - Controlled desto - Faster casting - fire pen - spell echo

Make sure you have shield charge + silver + quicksilver flask to run through acts.

Skin of the loyal can be used at level 1 if you can get one with 2G4B like I listed in the section above. Otherwise, these are notable uniques for leveling.
Spoiler

Pots + Flask management:
Spoiler
Vaal spark only rolls crit ONCE, which means using your diamond flask and having max power charges is very vital to how much damage the entire duration of your vaal spark does. Make sure you have vinktars up for bosses + reflects. You have to play around vinktars and your leech on boots for mana, once you're used to it.. it becomes second nature. Make sure you have a grounding (shocking) flask for vinktars, bleed + freeze.

How much crit should I have?
Spoiler
If you use a diamond flask, you should realistically only need 70-75% crit with max power charges to hit crit capped because of how it works.
0.75 rolls twice = 0.25 Chance to not crit * 0.25 chance to not crit = 0.0625 * 100 = 6.25% chance to not crit, or 93.75% chance to crit.

Jewels

What should my atlas look like for this build if I want to hit 100 or just be efficient at farming?

Videos:
Spoiler
T11 strands - double packsize + temp chains
T13 Atoll double pack
T13 Gorge
T15 Overgrown Ruin Turbo, Triple pack, temp chains, -max
T14 springs + zana
T15 40% packsize
T14 promenade

Loot Filter:
Super Strict Loot Filter made for maximum efficiency with Vaal spark + High clearing builds.
Spoiler
https://gist.github.com/hauie/3ea947ae44db38b1b462f36242ba2c83

Experience data-mine at level 99:
Spoiler

Shaped Dunes t10:
15 m/hr

Shaped Strands t11:
18 m/hr

Shaped Canyon t11:
17.2 m/hr

Shaped Atoll t13:
15.7 m/hr

Waterways t13:
13.3 m/hr (40% beyond)

Shaped Shores t13:
18 m/hr

Shaped tropical Island t13:
13.7 m/hr

Shaped Underground River t15:
19 m/hr

T15 Overgrown Ruins:
13 m/hr

Shaped Quay T15:
18 m/hr

Shaped Promenade t14:
22.5 m/hr

Springs t14:
21 m/hr

Gorge t13:
25 m/hr no boss

To watch this build in action, you can follow and watch me at:
Twitch.tv/hauzilla123
Last edited by Hauzilla123 on Jan 22, 2017, 6:19:15 PM
Last bumped on Sep 5, 2017, 11:22:34 PM
1st!

Love the streams mate!!! awesome detailed guide too.
What do you feel is more crucial if I have a tabula, getting the Skin of the Loyal, or the blue dream for power charges?

I have the chill/3 x Sac harvests (27, 27 and 28%).

EDIT: I should rephrase, I have all the gear for the low cost build, except the skin. Should I get that over the blue dream to start with?
Last edited by OakenHeart on Jan 5, 2017, 8:18:01 AM
"
OakenHeart wrote:
What do you feel is more crucial if I have a tabula, getting the Skin of the Loyal, or the blue dream for power charges?

I have the chill/3 x Sac harvests (27, 27 and 28%).

EDIT: I should rephrase, I have all the gear for the low cost build, except the skin. Should I get that over the blue dream to start with?

I would personally get the skin first. It effectively doubles your ES from items. That's the most crucial part on the budget version.

If we use void walkers, would an empower or an added lightning be a better sixth slot until we can afford a skyforths and put the pierce back in?

dank confirmed
"
OakenHeart wrote:
If we use void walkers, would an empower or an added lightning be a better sixth slot until we can afford a skyforths and put the pierce back in?

Pierce gem is still better damage as its a 20% MORE multiplier.

"
lqte wrote:

dank confirmed

Nice!
Last edited by Hauzilla123 on Jan 6, 2017, 8:35:27 AM
How are you able to afford the mana reservations of wraith, HoL, HOI, and discipline? Isn't that a 50% + 25% + 25% + 35%. The only reduction i see is 4% from a node and 6% from skyforth. I am currently working on the low budget version of this build. How can i use all those auras and if i have to choose some over the others which should i choose?
"
MistWit wrote:
How are you able to afford the mana reservations of wraith, HoL, HOI, and discipline? Isn't that a 50% + 25% + 25% + 35%. The only reduction i see is 4% from a node and 6% from skyforth. I am currently working on the low budget version of this build. How can i use all those auras and if i have to choose some over the others which should i choose?

My gear is for the low life version, so I can run blood magic-wrath. For the CI version, I would do Herald of Ice, discipline and Herald of Thunder.
Last edited by Hauzilla123 on Jan 16, 2017, 12:38:37 AM
Thanks a ton for this guide. Quick question, could you explain "If you have a 1/20% Quality Spark and Vaal spark, you can level as spark." I'm completely unfamiliar with the playstyle of spark, so I'm not totally sure what is meant by that. I also noticed that you said you use both Vaal spark and spark. Why is that the case?

I'm sitting on roughly 7EX budget. What gear would you recommend for that and what maps could that clear? I really enjoy doing simple maps like Gorge, so my goal would be to run gorge or something continously and have a good atlas so I'm only doing easy mindless maps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info