[BSC] 2.6 Self-cast Spark, Inqusitor - Guardians and Shaper Down

Watched the videos you added. What the point of the build? you clearspeed is slow af compare to what it could be, you dying on end game bosses... It is also sucks as a starter build because if you've played this game for a bit you should know that spark need some money to go on. I don't see any point to play the way you're playing.
If you wanna go clearspeed you just build vaalspark or the build that Chispitas used before (still viable) (even w/o skyforth your clear speed is near to vaalspark with this version).
If you wanna do shaper/uber atziri or any other endgame bosses there's plenty of builds that can do it in less than 5 seconds for sure (Fyndel's chaos bv, bladefall traps, ED, well geared blade flurry etc.).
If you just starting the league and don't know what to play play flameblast totems. Brainless damage till 7-8t maps even with 5-link.
"
-Insane Clear Speed with Spark

Wrong
"
-Quickly and safely clear maps and slay bosses

Wrong
"
6. (Luxury) Increased Duration, Added Lightning, Life Leech - I prefer Increased Duration here

Wrong choise. Inc crit damage outscales all of 3 gems you mentioned about.
"
Wands

Wands are garbage for this builds because you can't get all that juicy stats that you can get from daggers + no wb or sc is absolutely bad desicion. So it can't be a decent option
"
Sceptres

Same as wands
"
Tree UPDATE 2!

If you taking Doom Cast you're going through the left side of a cluster and picking up 4 instead of 3 nodes for crit multi. IMO Unnatural Calm cluster is not worth 5 points that you spend (but since you are trying to do bosses who knows). IMO Numbless is now worth it. Not taking Alchemist? You wot m8? Also you taking Heart Of Oak instead of Primal Spirit. No comments
"
Kraityn - Alira - Alira

8% attack speed is > than 5% cast speed in ANY cases. Wrong
"
You can use spark as soon as you get it.

ABSOLUTELY NO.

Overall don't see any point of playing this way of a build. No clearspeed, end game bosses are not dying in at least 30 seconds, and some of desicions you've made are terrible.
Even if you in love with spark gem like i was before your desicion to get through every piece of content is brainless. You either go clearspeed or melting bosses, no in betweens.
Also, you're playing SC and i don't think it's HC viable at least for doing bosses 100%. Only if you would safely clear shaped strands, that could work. But even in that case you can die easily because your damage is too high for reflect and you dont have any mitigation, except for Vinktar's which you can't use permanently because of your tree.
Last edited by Fitfirar on Jan 5, 2017, 1:36:28 AM
"
Fitfirar wrote:
Watched the videos you added. What the point of the build? you clearspeed is slow af compare to what it could be, you dying on end game bosses... It is also sucks as a starter build because if you've played this game for a bit you should know that spark need some money to go on. I don't see any point to play the way you're playing.
If you wanna go clearspeed you just build vaalspark or the build that Chispitas used before (still viable) (even w/o skyforth your clear speed is near to vaalspark with this version).
If you wanna do shaper/uber atziri or any other endgame bosses there's plenty of builds that can do it in less than 5 seconds for sure (Fyndel's chaos bv, bladefall traps, ED, well geared blade flurry etc.).
If you just starting the league and don't know what to play play flameblast totems. Brainless damage till 7-8t maps even with 5-link.
"
-Insane Clear Speed with Spark

Wrong
"
-Quickly and safely clear maps and slay bosses

Wrong
"
6. (Luxury) Increased Duration, Added Lightning, Life Leech - I prefer Increased Duration here

Wrong choise. Inc crit damage outscales all of 3 gems you mentioned about.
"
Wands

Wands are garbage for this builds because you can't get all that juicy stats that you can get from daggers + no wb or sc is absolutely bad desicion. So it can't be a decent option
"
Sceptres

Same as wands
"
Tree UPDATE 2!

If you taking Doom Cast you're going through the left side of a cluster and picking up 4 instead of 3 nodes for crit multi. IMO Unnatural Calm cluster is not worth 5 points that you spend (but since you are trying to do bosses who knows). IMO Numbless is now worth it. Not taking Alchemist? You wot m8? Also you taking Heart Of Oak instead of Primal Spirit. No comments
"
Kraityn - Alira - Alira

8% attack speed is > than 5% cast speed in ANY cases. Wrong
"
You can use spark as soon as you get it.

ABSOLUTELY NO.

Overall don't see any point of playing this way of a build. No clearspeed, end game bosses are not dying in at least 30 seconds, and some of desicions you've made are terrible.
Even if you in love with spark gem like i was before your desicion to get through every piece of content is brainless. You either go clearspeed or melting bosses, no in betweens.
Also, you're playing SC and i don't think it's HC viable at least for doing bosses 100%. Only if you would safely clear shaped strands, that could work. But even in that case you can die easily because your damage is too high for reflect and you dont have any mitigation, except for Vinktar's which you can't use permanently because of your tree.

Thanks for being constructive and non-insulting. I appreciate your feedback.
1. Clear speed is pretty insane for a self-cast single, non-vaal spell.
2. I only die to guardians and above - even famous streamers touted for their build ingenuity do (not by any means saying I am on par with them) - It happens and I have no shame in posting it.
3. I have tested Increased Critical Damage in the setup. 20% Added Lighting by far does more damage. Even more than Level 4 Empower. Increased Duration keeps the Sparks alive longer in boss Arenas allowing them to be hit multiple times per cast.
4. Did you even read what I said about wands?
5. Did you read what I said about sceptres? Clearly daggers are the better choice.
6. Doom Cast - you're right, picking up the crit multi is a better move.
7. I will dump Unnatural Calm for Alchemist and Primal Spirit and see how it goes, thanks for the suggestion.
8. Explain why Attack Speed is better than cast speed?
And by the way, you said that you can't do atziri. If you swap Spark with Storm Call and get some specific gear (rings with high fire res and high ES + fire res flask) you can do it without any problems. I did 5-link run just for fun with storm call - spell echo - lightning pen - inc crit - inc crit damage. In your case you can use less duration instead of using inc crit damage so you don't even need to recolor your chest. Purity of fire is also great bonus but you using it only if you handless or doing atziri 1st time
"
Dongaldo wrote:
2. I only die to guardians and above - even famous streamers touted for their build ingenuity do (not by any means saying I am on par with them) - It happens and I have no shame in posting it.
3. I have tested Increased Critical Damage in the setup. 20% Added Lighting by far does more damage. Even more than Level 4 Empower. Increased Duration keeps the Sparks alive longer in boss Arenas allowing them to be hit multiple times per cast.
5. Did you read what I said about sceptres? Clearly daggers are the better choice.
7. I will dump Unnatural Calm for Alchemist and Primal Spirit and see how it goes, thanks for the suggestion.

1 - check out Chispitas build i linked before. Your clearspeed is not insane, not even close to it.
2 - ok maybe im just too critical about this aspect, of course you can run guardians and shit with this kind of build but as a kinda veteran player i 100% would not use this build to farm them because 1)you're dying (thats more than enough) 2) you're killing them more than 1 minute as i said before. I can agree that you can run them for your altas or just for achievements, but for constant farm? Dude.
3 - ok may be you're right, cant confirm my words. Didn't think about bosses and inc dur as well.
4, 5 - if you saying that dagger is better choice why would you metion the other twos? If you talking about leveling its obvious you're using wands but you didn't talk about lvling.
8 - because 90% of your action in game you're using wb and sc, + your build has shit attack speed as far as i saw on videos. you could pick 5% cast speed if it would be exist as single node on a tree, but wasting skillpoint/8%as is bad choise. But you know, you're doing bosses and shit so i think for your build it is more valuable. I would say that they're equal after all. And afaik you are mapping (i mean not farming shaper 24/7), so you actually need some as buff.
Last edited by Fitfirar on Jan 5, 2017, 2:31:37 AM
"
Fitfirar wrote:
"
Dongaldo wrote:

1 - check out Chispitas build i linked before. Your clearspeed is not insane, not even close to it.
2 - ok you maybe im just too critical about this aspect, of course you can run guardians and shit with this kind of build but as a kinda veteran player i 100% would not use this build to farm them because 1)you're dying (thats more than enough) 2) you're killing them more than 1 minute as i said before. I can agree that you can run them for your altas or just for achievements, but for constant farm? Dude.
3 - ok may be you're right, cant confirm my words. Didn't think about bosses and inc dur as well.
4, 5 - if you saying that dagger is better choice why would you metion the other twos? If you talking about leveling its obvious you're using wands but you didn't talk about lvling.
8 - because 90% of your action in game you're using wb and sc, + your build has shit attack speed as far as i saw on videos. you could pick 5% cast speed if it would be exist as single node on a tree, but wasting skillpoint/8%as is bad choise. But you know, you're doing bosses and shit so i think for your build it is more valuable. I would say that they're equal after all. And afaik you are mapping (i mean not farming shaper 24/7), so you actually need some as buff.

Ok. It's not insane if you say it isn't. I am happy with it. I never saw Chispitas build. I'll check it out.

I'm not spam farming guardians, if I wanted to do that I'd run King of the Forest or something. I'm killing them when the maps drop and am happy about it. I too am a veteran player, but a filthy casual at that and like running non-meta builds and seeing how far I can take them.

My attack speed was absolute shit in those videos. I respec'd and got more in the update. I still need to get a dagger with an attack speed roll on it. I mentioned the other weapons because they can be used, they just won't be nearly as good. The wand piece was more of a rant that they could be exceptional, but they just suck. Let me grab some regrets and try out Cruel Kraytin.
"
I'm not spam farming guardians, if I wanted to do that I'd run King of the Forest or something. I'm killing them when the maps drop and am happy about it. I too am a veteran player, but a filthy casual at that and like running non-meta builds and seeing how far I can take them.

Its absolutely ok. Im not trashing your build. Actually im kinda curious about other variation of spark builds since its best skill to play in my opinion. The fact that you can kinda safely do guardians and shit is good because who the fuck play with spark against guardians you know. But i prefer to use spark for speedclearing, so thats why i even started the discussion.

"
My attack speed was absolute shit in those videos. I respec'd and got more in the update. I still need to get a dagger with an attack speed roll on it. I mentioned the other weapons because they can be used, they just won't be nearly as good. The wand piece was more of a rant that they could be exceptional, but they just suck. Let me grab some regrets and try out Cruel Kraytin.

Ye you can try it. I tried to play with cruel Alira this league. For me its way better. Don't know how it will turn out for you. You don't need to agree with every shit that i said. Say smth like "yo you fuck the shit that you are talking about is garbage, uninstall please" or w/e. That's your build so you need to stay on your point and defend it from those fucks like me. If you feel that something is comofrtable for you just do the way you feel it. But also keep in mind that its poe so comfortable shit can transform into ultra garbage at the end so think twice.
Last edited by Fitfirar on Jan 5, 2017, 3:06:36 AM
"
Fitfirar wrote:
"

Its absolutely ok. Im not trashing your build. Actually im kinda curious about other variation of spark builds since its best skill to play in my opinion. The fact that you can kinda safely do guardians and shit is good because who the fuck play with spark against guardians you know. But i prefer to use spark for speedclearing, so thats why i even started the discussion.

"

Ye you can try it. I tried to play with cruel Alira this league. For me its way better. Don't know how it will turn out for you. You don't need to agree with every shit that i said. Say smth like "yo you fuck the shit that you are talking about is garbage, uninstall please" or w/e. That's your build so you need to stay on your point and defend it from those fucks like me. If you feel that something is comofrtable for you just do the way you feel it. But also keep in mind that its poe so comfortable shit can transform into absolute garbage at the end.

I am not agreeing with everything, just agreeing to try out your suggestions. You never know until you try. :)
Try out atziri with my setup i mentioned before. If you'll sucseed you can cross out one of your minuses.
Despite some of your valid points fitfirar, you could probably have been nicer about it and less aggressive tbh. Kudos to op for having dealt with the deluge of criticism well, being patient and open about it and even willing to implement/try out possible inprovements. You're a better exile than most of us.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info