[2.5] CHEAP Elemental Blade Flurry Inquisitor (clears whole atlas, uber, atziri, shaper, guardian)

This guide is based on build i played on Breach league, check the following pros to see if you are intrested:

- life based build able to clear everything in the game
- slightly diffrent approach to meta
- very high instant leech thanks to vaal pact
- can run every mod on maps except for ele reflect
- you dont need 25 exalts to min max you gear to do end game bosses (t15+)
- fairly cheap items due to popularity of physical blade flurry builds (also life based items much cheaper then ES ones)
- you can start budget and start upgrading u gear piece by piece when you save some currency (i started the league with this build and worked my way up)
- good league starter but not limited, you can easily make it end game farmer if u invest some currency
- can do every content in the game including vaal temple, shaper, uber lab and atziri's

If you have any questions or improvements for this build, please feel free to leave a comment, I will really appreciate it.

So you probably wonder what are the cons?

- elemental reflect hurts, even rares (with a lot of hp)
- you can't facetank everything due to not having much evasion or armor, big slam attacks need to avoided (like malachai smash)
- need to get used to the speed (vaal pact + blood rage means we have to attack stuff not to drain ourselves)

Other then that, this build brings me great fun every day i play it. Thats why i decided to make a guide since only ele bladeflurry on forum i found when i was looking for something was 6l shavs, skyforth etc. build. Ain't everybody got time to farm that much currency on temp league.

Q. Is this HC viable?
A. If you are careful enough not to accidently run into ele reflect rare - yes.

Q. Would i play it on HC?
A. No. I prefer builds with dedicated way to defend themselves other then leech.

MY GEAR
Spoiler

What to look for on rares

Weapon - look for one hand sword with crit multi on top, as much ele dmg as possible + crit chance/multi/attack speed. Three ele rolls + crit chance + crit multi + att speed is a dream setup. Good one will have atleast 350 ele dps, 1,80 att speed and 7.00 crit chance.

Helmet - you can go for Rat's Nest or Devoto's Devotion if you want more dmg but i dont think its needed. Good rare with HP/resist and some accuracy is better.

Gloves - spiked gloves (new base from atlas expansion) are the best base here, try to get one with +dex/att speed and life. The best glove would be with + flat lightning dmg to attacks, att speed, dex, hp, armor and 1 res.

Boots - ordinary rare with 25-30% movement speed, life and resists. You can get some +dex here aswell.

Chest - armor/es base looks to be the best since we want to have 3 blue colors and we can get a lot of +INT here for wrath. Life, resists like usual but you also can get x% increased weapon ele damage from lv7 craft. If you are on a budget look for corrupted one 6 linked already with colors you need, focus on life and if u lack INT for wrath spec into one of those +30 int nodes in passive tree.

Rings, belt, amulet - focus on highest weapon ele dmg and life. Then look for some resist you still might need to cap and look for items with PREFIX open so you can craft flat lightning dmg on them. Opal rings would be the best base but they are very expensive. Also +INT is a great affix to have aswell for 155 INT requirment for wrath lv20.

Recomemnded uniques

0.2 elemental damage leeched as life and increased elemental damage boosts our survi and damage by a lot. Also crit is nice.

with diamond flask of grounding are great to boost our damage for bosses

is optional, i got it on level 90 and mainly because i could afford it not because it was needed, before i used 2nd flask for life with unfreeze and chill immunity

My whole gear without dying sun cost me like 3 exalts at max.

Skill links

4L - Blade Flurry - WED - Added lightning - Inc crit strikes
5L - Blade Flurry - WED - Added lightning - Added cold - Inc crit strikes
6L - Blade Flurry - WED - Added lightning - Added cold - Inc crit strikes - Inc AoE
- swap inc AoE with conc effect from totem for stationary bosses

CWDT(lv3) - Inc duration (lv20) - warlord's mark(lv7) - immortal call (lv5)

Wrath - Ice golem - Blood Rage - Inc duration

Ancestral Warchief - WED - Conc effect - Added lightning

Curse on hit - Herald of Ice - Assasins mark
- our power charge generation

Whirling Blades - faster attacks - blood magic
- movement skill since we are not using quicksilver flasks

Skill Tree & Ascendancy class

Ascendancy Class:

Inquisitor

Ascendancy Points:

Righteus Providence -> Inevitable Judgement -> Instruments of Virtue -> Augury of Penitence

Skill tree

Jewels

I socketed Inspired Learning near the Fervour notable just for fun. All my jewels are visible in skill tree above.

On jewels look for %max life, crit multi, attack speed, melee damage or area dmg. Secondary stats would be INT if you still need some for wrath or resists.

For example

Bandits

- Normal: Help Oak for +40 life.
- Cruel: Kill All.
- Merciless: Help Kraityn for +1 Frenzy Charge.

Enchants

Helmet
- blade flurry dmg/aoe
- 150% buff from ice golem

Boots <-- very important, thats how you will leech mana outside of 1 skill point on duelist area
- 0,x% damage leeched as life and mana if you killed recently

Gloves
- we do not use any enchant since spiked gloves have implicit on their own

Im currently 32/40 challanges in Breach but if you are lucky and grind enough you can do 40/40 with that.
Progress wise

- 124/126 atlas (parandus manor and hall of grandmasters left)
- atziri killed on 5l and without any special flasks
- shaper dead 2 times (3 deaths and deathless, my first time with shaper so im learning the fight)
- corrupted guardians+vaal temple done
- pale court done
- ele reflect map - not done
- all 5 breachlords done (killed chayula once, facetanked the fight)
- no trouble with breaches whatsoever
- ubez izaro farm viable, traps may be tricky but you can go for 2nd life flask or uspec vaal pact

Things to do

- ubez atziri (never attempted her yet) - 05.01.2017 done
- perandus manor
- vinktar square - 02.01.2017 done

Videos

- corrupted unided core (onslaught + extra life)
https://youtu.be/IkAVqmhi0I0
- corrupted abyss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27oMbidg0lI

Sorry for grammas and other mistakes, its also my first time posting a guide here so if i missed something just write it down in comments i will happily answer them. Also working on some videos to showcase the build. Thanks for reading!

Last edited by poohateq on Jan 4, 2017, 6:25:59 PM
Last bumped on Mar 13, 2017, 9:28:03 PM
what do you think about putting elemental focus instead of added cold damage?
"
g4u55l4w wrote:
what do you think about putting elemental focus instead of added cold damage?

i think i prefer to be able to inflict status ailments. It might be better for bosses, maybe but its blue gem and added cold is green so cannot swap freely during the map. It would be better on maps with mod "mosnter have 90% chance to avoid status ailments" but again, diffrent color gems so not worth the effort.

If i would swap added cold for something it would be inc crit damage. Will post an update after i will test it.
can u play it on scion? or templar only?
"
Aze_Aze wrote:
can u play it on scion? or templar only?

there is really no reason to do so, scion do not have the most important notables (ignoring resists on crit, more crit chance and crit dmg vs monsters with/without status ailments)
Last edited by poohateq on Jan 2, 2017, 1:10:50 PM
Ok thanks,

How about maps clearing speed? T12++
Hi,

Reflect elem is really hard even taking care.

Thank's for this build.

Spoiler
"
vick666 wrote:
Hi,

Reflect elem is really hard even taking care.

Thank's for this build.

Spoiler

Im glad you like it, really suprised that actually someone read the guide at all but making the char and playing is real reward for me ^^.

If i could give you a tip for ele reflect rares, dont channel blade flurry on them, just click so you basicly attack at 1 stack all the time.

"
Aze_Aze wrote:
Ok thanks,

How about maps clearing speed? T12++

It's really fast, facerolls packs (even necrovigils since their corpse shatter) :)

I will upload a few videos soon so you can see by yourself!

edit: here you go, made something fast for you, map is core with onslaught for monsters and extra aoe/hp boss + something

https://youtu.be/IkAVqmhi0I0

Last edited by poohateq on Jan 2, 2017, 2:43:53 PM
Looks fun! I'd been avoiding BF builds, but this totemer has not been fun at all. I want a build I'm excited to see a Breach, not terrified.

Any tips on levelling? Pretty standard start, or any nodes to go right at?
Yeah I like it too. the dps you making is crazy. You got to kill first though other wise y ll die. Your health jumps up and down quick. No one shot though.

I am having hh belt and 12 level templar. lets roll

Like it man

edit. how about leveling? I am 12 now :)
Last edited by Aze_Aze on Jan 2, 2017, 4:22:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info