[2.5] Dela's Beastmode CI Regen Inquisitor ALL CONTENT

Welcome to Dela's BEASTMODE Inquisitor Guide!

After having a ton of success this challenge league I wanted to share my experience so that others can replicate the joy I have had this league.

This armor is the backbone of the build:

Like many things in PoE, this armor can be a bit misleading/confusing. For those that did not know, the "increased energy shield recovery rate" acts as a more multiplier for your ES regen, not just your ES shield recharge. Essentially this means if we stack regen in the tree and our gear, grab zealots oath so that we can regen ES, this armor will bring us to crazy regen rates.

To take full benefit of the armor and its stats, I chose to use an AoE skill since the armor itself provides 10% AoE. I chose to go with Vortex. To maximize the dps, I convert to fire via
There are many benefits for fire conversion, mainly Elemental Equilibrium and Ignites. The damage of fire vortex is very formidable, but you can use any aoe skill you want. With a slightly different tree, Scorching Ray is also very good.

PROS:

GREAT Uber Lab MAX key farmer. I made the bulk of my currency here and started on a 5link!! Traps are a joke, you just run through them.

ALL content viable. I'm currently at 125/126 atlas, missing Perandus Manor

Able to farm Hall of Grandmasters

Can do most map mods, a few need to be rerolled or used with extreme caution (no regen, ele reflect, hexproof)

Large ES pool, easy to get about 10k ES, with good gear 14k+

Great synergy defensively with chill from vortex and the slow from temporal chains

Great AoE for map clearing with AoE gem, Conc is a perfect swap for boss killing.

Reasonably low price of gear to start, high ceiling for cost of gear late (Its good to have expensive top end to works towards)

Dual Curse

Very strong for PvP/Leo Quests

CONS:

Ignite immune enemies die a lot slower. Phoenix boss from T16 takes a lot longer but can still be killed. Uber Atziri is also the same, though much harder than Phoenix.

Cannot run No Regen maps as it is our main defense

A movespeed skill like shield charge or whirling blades is required

Swapping to Conc gem for bosses is slightly annoying

MY CURRENT STATS:
16k+ ES
3000+ Regen/sec in combat
1 million+ dps with ignite, EE, and curses.
75/75/76 resists

PASSIVE TREE

BANDITS
Spoiler

KILL ALL

NOTE: If you have access to the Green Dream/Nightmare I'd suggest getting a frenzy charge in Merciless.

ASCENDANCY
Spoiler

INQUISITOR
Augury of Penitence
Instruments of Virtue
Sanctify
Pious Path

NOTE: BOTH the ES and Mana regeneration from Pious Path is SIGNIFICANT, make sure to complete all the labs

GEAR
Spoiler

NOTE: You will need some dex/str on gear or jewels. In the meantime you can pickup the 30 point nodes
Also, the "Regeneration when hit" boot enchant from the lab is VERY strong

UPDATE: CURRENT GEAR, more currency invested:

NOTE: Make sure to get the REGENERATION lab Enchant on your boots! This is own main line of defense, make sure to get regeneration wherever possible.

JEWELS
Spoiler

Multiple
are great. Prioritize fire damage roll if possible. The build also uses one Energy from Within jewel.

Izaro's Turmoil will likely provide the most damage until you get to 4 property GG jewels. I run a few rare ones now with %ES as I feel my damage is sufficient. Here is an example:

NOTE: If you have access to
or the Green Dream, I strongly suggest using it. Under the Passive Tree section you can see an alternate tree for the jewel. Socket the jewel near the "Faith and Steel" node on the Templar side.

SKILL GEMS
Spoiler

Main Skill: Vortex, in order of importance:
Vortex (Quality Important), Controlled Destruction, Chance to Ignite, Area of effect (swap to conc for bosses), Fire Penetration, Cold to Fire/Empower

NOTE: Oddly enough, the highest damage combination comes from Cold to Fire and Empower 4 as your last two links. On Bosses, Fire Penetration usually works best. For budget options and league starting I HIGHLY recommend Cold to Fire over empower.

SUPPORT SKILLS:
The Support setup is mostly to your playstyle, League, and comfort level.

ESSENTIALS:
Stone Golem (I link mine with CWDT)
Shield Charge + Fortify + Faster Attacks (+Culling Strike if you have 4 links)
Discipline
Temporal Chains + Blasphemy (Provides defense, great synergy with chill, and longer ignites)
Orb of Storms + Increased Critical Strikes + Curse on hit + Flammability
CWDT + Immortal Call (+ increased duration if you have the links)

OPTIONAL: (pick and choose from these that fit your play style and that you have the links for)
Scorching Ray + Elemental Focus + Spell Totem
Vaal Discipline, Vaal Lightning Trap, Vaal Haste, add Increased Duration to these if possible
Clarity (Keep this gem mid level, whatever "feels" right, some people skip this entirely. I prefer the consistency to my mana it provides.)

NOTE: You can see my current setup for gems in the GEAR section
On the LAST two links, the debate is between Empower 4, Fire Pen, and Cold to Fire. Here is a breakdown of each combination:
Fire pen + Empower 4: Is the most balanced option, but also the most expensive. Best vs some bosses.
Fire pen + Cold to Fire: Best starter and budget option.
Cold to fire + Empower 4: Highest Tooltip damage and highest ignite damage. Slightly more than Fire Pen + Empower. Great for fast map clearing.

Overall, any combination of the 3 gems for your last two links will work well, and have very similar dps. They are all RED so it is easy to switch and swap and find the combination that works for you.

CURSES
Spoiler

There are a few options for Curses. The main Curses are Temporal Chains, Flammability, Elemental Weakness, Enfeeble, and Vulnerability.

For a Balanced Option, and what I use:
Temporal Chains on Blasphemy + Flammabilty from Orb of Storms w/ curse on hit. I love the way Temp Chains interacts with Vortex and is the main reason I use this combo.

DPS:
Flammability on Blasphemy + Elemental Weakness from Orb of Storms w/ curse on hit. The combination really makes our initial hit and DOT damage HUGE.

Defensive:
Temporal Chains on Blasphemy + Enfeeble from Orb of Storms w/ curse on hit. Likely the best setup for HC and for starting out when your gear is weaker. Super useful in Uber Lab.

NOTES: As much as we would love Tri-Curse, it is pretty difficult to add to this build. I think the best option is with Windscream Boots. (Note you sacrifice alot of ES and I don't really recommend it.)

A lot of people use Heretics Veil as a helmet. This is a fantastic option, especially for those that feel the need to use 2 curses on blasphemy and want to bypass using orb of storms. I prefer a higher ES rare helmet, but I would not fault anyone for using the fantastic unique helmet.

Why Flammability over Elemental Weakness? I prefer the ignite chance that Flammability provides. Ignite makes up a majority of our damage, so improving consistency is a top priority.

Vulnerabilty is the weakest of the damage curses. Note that you can use level 1 vulnerability as improving levels does not affect the improved DOT damage it provides. This can be used with level 1 CWDT for a automated setup.

VIDEOS:
Spoiler

More coming soon. Please post any requests and I will do what I can.

T16 Pit of the Chimera, full sextants + bloodlines
https://youtu.be/YhCanI2qqGs

Hall of Grandmasters
https://youtu.be/10Xe-VElS-E

Shaper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n97KPYRcRz8

REQUESTED VIDEOS

LEVELING:
Spoiler

Level as firestorm. You can switch to Vortex when you get Pyre ring (cheap) and feel the aoe is good enough. Pick up a few life notables along the way, respec out of them when you are ready to become CI, around level 72ish.

I recommend watching/following ZiggyD's leveling Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULFXNjpVu6k

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
TREE UPDATED FOR 2.6
NOTE - Cold to - Fire Support Gem is now Mandatory due to Pyre changes
Last edited by getinthevan on Mar 12, 2017, 6:47:26 PM
Last bumped on Jan 8, 2018, 6:44:42 AM
interesting
dank
need video in action defintly
Watch the 6L shawl prices go thru the roof now :) Thanks for the share, been thinking about a regen tank for awhile.
sounds like an awesome idea, would love to see a video (been a huge fan of your famous obliteration wander btw)
Thanks for the encouragement guys! Videos on the way!
First drafts of Video recorded black, doh! will give it another go this evening. Stay tuned. Sorry.
Interesting idea.

I notice that the ignite chance without jewels is about 54%. Does this feel consistent enough?

Do you feel the DPS is sufficient with a 5L?

"
I notice that the ignite chance without jewels is about 54%. Does this feel consistent enough?

Do you feel the DPS is sufficient with a 5L?

You also get the Flammability curse which adds some ignite. I do feel that it is consistent enough, for any tough target you are spamming vortex and they get ignited in the first few casts. It certainly feels smoother with the ignite chance jewels though.

I asked this same question while playing/leveling the build while I was using a 5l. The test of ignite chance vs (elemental focus) was an ez one and ignite felt much better for me.
Last edited by getinthevan on Jan 2, 2017, 12:39:34 AM
First two videos posted. I had some issues recording them so they are not the best, but it'll give an idea of the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info