[2.5] The Nightmare - Chaos Blade Flurry Slayer!

"
count2potato wrote:
Interesting build 😎 anychance of game play video. Also how does the uncapped lightning damage bonus work. Does it mean your light res is negative?

I'll record some vids, eventually. You might be confused with another build, though? Not using the amulet that has that modifier. In any case, to clarify how THAT works, it's simply your Lightning Resistance (even the amount over 75%, so it can be 200%+ even).
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590

Would it be worth switching one of those out for a sin's rebirth? How desperately do i need to upgrade things and what priority should each upgrade be?
Sin's Rebirth isn't a huge deal, but Lion's Roar adds even less :)

I'd suggest Vinktar instead, as that'd help the most. Other than that, get a decent Rare Helmet (or a Starkonja, at least), and rings+ammy with Acc+Flat Chaos/%Chaos.

And Jewels. ALWAYS JEWELS.

But your gear is quite nice :)

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Why instead of Consuming Dark/Cospri's Will you waste gem slot for Poison? It's bothering me that BF still allows to wreck any content even with 1 useless Gem.

PM me if you will answer pls :P I will forget about this comment and never come back to this Thread otherwise.
Ok, so here's my current setup.

A few questions...

I'm wondering what to get next. I need new helm, gloves, ring, hp-chaos-area jewels, and green nightmare...what should I prioritize?

On the skill tree, you pass a frenzy charge near ranger and fatal toxins, can you explain why?

From playing the build so far, everything seems to work well except for the defensive setup(golem,cwdt,vortex,ic). My golem is constantly dying, and is a pain in the ass to constantly resummon. Am I underestimating how good vortex really is? It just doesn't seem like it contributes a lot. I can't think of anything better, it just doesn't feel impactful.

Currently lvl 76. I jumped from merc straight into t8 maps, now doing t12 but with difficulty. I think the main problem is lack of hp, only at 5k. Breaches in particular have been difficult. I seem to get overwhelmed by the numbers. I've had the most success backing myself into a corner and putting the wither totem behind me and focusing whereever it hits. It works well but watching my hp yoyo up and down is scary.

Thanks for the build!

EDIT: Lvl 83 now with 4th ascendancy,5.7k hp and a couple of life-chaos-area jewels. The build is working much better now, a lot more damage so breaches aren't as big of a deal. My only recent death was in a chayula breach that a accidentally hit in a boss room, was doing fine until my vaal grace went down and my dodge rolls got a bit unlucky: just exploded. Testing out t15s now.

16.8k eva, 2.8k tooltip dps with charges and flasks,7.87 aps, 40% chance to dodge attacks, 46% to dodge spells, up to 73 and 75% with vaal grace
Last edited by ev0s on Jan 14, 2017, 5:07:52 AM
Sorry for the delay, real life got the best of me.

I'd start with The Green Nightmare (though I see it's overpriced at the moment, I only payed ~4 ex for mine) if you feel you're dying often, then better jewelry, then Jewels last. The last Frenzy charge isn't as good dps-wise (the more you have the less each adds) and doesn't add Duration, so it's low-priority.
Vortex adds 33% slow-down to Temp Chains, letting you reach the 75% slow cap fairly easily, so I'd argue it's amazing (not as needed when you have the Helm Enchant + Enhance, but still good for bosses and some map mods).

Last edited by CantripN on Jan 15, 2017, 8:02:37 AM
Hi loving the build so far, just recently started playing the game and don't know what to prioritize. Just wondering if you can give me any ideas on what I should buy first, I'm looking to get a 5L carcass first. just because 6L are too pricey for me. Then start building items as I go along. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.
"
Fearless_Oath wrote:
Hi loving the build so far, just recently started playing the game and don't know what to prioritize. Just wondering if you can give me any ideas on what I should buy first, I'm looking to get a 5L carcass first. just because 6L are too pricey for me. Then start building items as I go along. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

A Dreamfeather once you get to the right level, and just level as you go along with leveling rares/uniques. It's fairly easy to level.

5L Carcass/Hyrri + Dark Seer/Breath of the Council are next, then rings/ammy with flat chaos, and you're good to go. Feel free to pm me ingame (Kensai), I may have some gear spare for free/cheap.

Last edited by CantripN on Jan 27, 2017, 3:36:53 PM
Great build, i'm at 87 and running insane map mods like nothing. i always like a little more defense if it only lowers damage a bit, this is a great mix.
"
Rtimusexile wrote:
Great build, i'm at 87 and running insane map mods like nothing. i always like a little more defense if it only lowers damage a bit, this is a great mix.

:)

Post gear and such, if you can. Some people seem to assume it requires GG gear to work - it doesn't.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info