[2.5] DrPimplePopper - BV, Dual Obliteration, Hidden Potenial

As per some guy on Reddit's request i am bored at work and have decided to make a guide for the build in the videos i posted.

I will start by saying if this build shares similarities with other ppls build its because there are only so many ways to make a dual obliteration build life based berserker.

This ONLY person i want to thank is Milkyslice as it was his vid that made me adjust my tree for more jewels and also dropped mine dmge and switch from Bladefall to BV. Plus it not that i want POE fame its that i want to share this build with ppl to allow them to do any content without following the current meta of did mathil do it....
If this build existed prior to milky posting it then kudos to the guy that did it, just saying from my experience thats the only place i got ideas from.

Why the name? well things go POP and i recently had the pleasure of seeing this https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSandraLee Lady do her job i was strangely aroused then immediately disgusted, kinda like two girls one cup :)

So why a berserker? coz cloaked in savagrey and vaal pact is broken as fck but im using the tools provided to me by GGG so i have no issues in using it, aspect of carnage fits perfectly with the core goal of this build which is to stack as many "more" multipliers as possible.

Main goal of this build

Main goal of this build is to utilise a fast hitting skill to apply as many stacks of poison as possible, then combine this with as many more multiplying double dips as possible.

Whats a doubledip? if by now you haven't heard of it, its basicaly any dmge multiplier that impacts the initial hit and also impacts the poison that follows.

there are other ways of amplifying the poison dmge that are not direct MORE dmge type such as grabing the inc skill effect duration nodes this is because the longer the poison stacks remains the more stacks we can apply, for example applying a 1000 dmge poison stack once every .2s give u 10k poison dmge in the base duration of 2s if we extend that duration to say 4s we double our poison dmge! granted the extra dmge wont be noticable if your killing everything within a few seconds.

The other goal is to keep it as cheap as possible, with room to scale if your rich.

Bandits

Oak
Kill OR Alira up to you really depends how far you wanna lvl.
Kill

Gear

Gem set up

Wand B-B-G = AA + Blas + Vuln

Wand B-B-R = Wither + SpellTotem + Vaal Lightning Trap

Helmet R-R-R-B = CWDT + Imm Call+Inc Dur + Vaal Clarity

Chest G-G-G-B-B-B = BV + Poison + Void Manip + Added Chaos + Controled Dest + (Inc duration if your easy mode mapping or Inc area eff or Faster casting depends on what YOU like - Bosses put in Conc eff.

Boots R-R-G-B = Rallying cry + inc Duration + vaal haste + Light golem

Gloves B-B-G-R = Flamedash + (CWDT + Bladefall HIGH LVL) + fastercasting OR conc effect.

How to level
Start by using a bow.. thats right ranged is faster than melee so a bow + flame totem will get you to 15 in no time.

for skill tree pathing immediately head for the jewel socket near the life cluster and slot in a hidden potential, start using BV ASAP with nothing but blue gear and running BV (using DPS supports like added light, added cold etc) you will just walk through normal , cruel and most of merc.

Use two wands (blue) with Spell Damage and cast speed.

You will need mana pots like mad early on but its worth it. Path to inc skill duration nodes ASAP then over to VP.

dont dilly dally around just run run run through to objectives even if you are 10 lvls under the area you will still destroy everything once you hit lvl 56 grab two obliteration wands and start popping :).

SAVE YOUR ALTS TILL YOU HIT LVL 71 MAPS!!!!! hope that got your attention, you will need them ALOT of them so save em up you can get to lvl 71 maps with the worst gear so you dont need to use them yet.Once you hit lvl 71 maps map out what base items you need based on your resists on jewels start alting them for T1 HP + any res or craft a res in there.

@ lvl 65 start hitting the jewel nodes craft jewels with 7% HP + damage + Area dmge + res if you need it. Once you have around 20-30c buy as many +15% phy to chaos obliterations as u can and colour link them then start Vaaling to get + culling as its global and is basically a 10% more multiplier. (not really but 10% less hp same effect)

Dream gear

6L Cospri's would free up a gem slot and enable you to keep the nice inc dmge from vuln in hexproof maps and allows you to run a defensive curse like temp chain or enfeeble.

getting tier 1 HP and res on your blues will eventually enable you start dropping res for things like Str and cast speed.

a full set of jewels with Inc Area Dmge , Dmge , 7% hp and , 10% All ele would allow you to get your gear to nothing but life+(str , cast speed , chaos dmge etc etc).

Getting a set of Vuln on hit gloves would free some mana up for maybe a res aura or if you already using 2x curse to bring back AA.

the obvious +1 gems 6l chest would be tits also even if its not a Cospri's.

Videos

Request a boss and i'll record and upload , im in AU so my internet is basically driven by a hamsterwheel but ill try get em up ASAP.

Tul https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRsBC2ybe_s

Uul-Netol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvpxG5uyZ0s

Xoph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9ThX6bZ-KM

Minotaur https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzZdXzf4LLE

Special thanks to those that shared info on the reddit post i did which allowed me to make some changes here n there to improve.

Anything ive missed or you'd like to know just ask i am unfortunaley at work so i'll hang around.
Last edited by tweakzero on Jan 15, 2017, 10:09:26 PM
Last bumped on Feb 8, 2017, 6:51:05 PM
Maybe this is a stupid question, but how does it do against guardians?
"
edamer wrote:
Maybe this is a stupid question, but how does it do against guardians?

for the poison immune ones u gotta go hatred but for others they drop pretty fast.

Personally i have only done minotaur and it wasnt that hard.

once i get a chance to do any of the guardians or shaper ill post a vid.
Maybe this is going to sound silly but would this work in HC? I'm guessing not going for Aspect of Carnage until you have Vaal Pact and plenty of leech would work?
"
helgi wrote:
Maybe this is going to sound silly but would this work in HC? I'm guessing not going for Aspect of Carnage until you have Vaal Pact and plenty of leech would work?

its a life build with nothing but leech for defences so its sketchy at best.
u have a 15% block chance and around 25% chance to evade which is almost a layer of def lol + the 6.5k hp buffer.

Last night i siwtched to

and am running

i also picked up the skittering runes nodes and well set up like that id say its fine for HC as long as your constantly on your toes hitting a back with bleed and getting an explosion puts ALOT of bleed stacks on you instantly so you gotta watch out.

Temp chains + this build is OP AF the mobs (even bosses to an extent) are just too slow to do anything to you and one touch of poison seems to last forever.

the dmge loss from using a non blue item its well and truly made up for with the 2x curse and doing hexproof.

All i need now is a head hunter :) and im done for my gearing.
Last edited by tweakzero on Dec 28, 2016, 4:39:04 PM
yeah, I was thinking something along those lines. even go for temp chains + enfeeble.

are you still running AA even when you double curse?
With cospri as a 5l i dont think i was getting the dmge i needed as i was losing 25% , the curses and the curse eff made it so everything was real slow and easy but every now and then in rippy maps ud get one shot.

so iwent back to my old set up runing just vuln and AA.

much much higher hp.

havent had too much time to play will kick it back up a gear after NY
Last edited by tweakzero on Dec 29, 2016, 8:32:37 AM
Hi, is it possible to play this build with an assassin char?

i would pay 1.5ex for respect instead to level a new char :/

Thanks
"
venk2011 wrote:
Hi, is it possible to play this build with an assassin char?

i would pay 1.5ex for respect instead to level a new char :/

Thanks

Tbh i wouldn't recommend it as you will lose the leech that keeps you alive and the 40% more dmge.
on top of that to make use of the assassin ascendancy you need to spec into spell cirt , crit which means u drop jewels or life and the end result will not come close to comparing with the zerk version.

honestly i know leveling is a pain but with this build and the lack of gear pressure you can easily get from 0-60 in about 4-5hrs of no lifeing it haha.

you will have no trouble with dmge or hp while leveling.

Id be happy to give you all the WayPoint's to help you lvl if you need too.

you could try something like this if you want.

Last edited by tweakzero on Dec 29, 2016, 9:25:30 PM
hm, ok.

I am already lvl 15 and got an 25% Hidden Potential Gem for 1c :)

Need blue boots with movement speed badly...

If you find time, my ign: Natural_Born_Freestyler

Thanks and regards

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info