[2.6] CI HoWA ST - Uber / Shaper / Guardians Down - Budget Friendly?

"
evenson wrote:
Made a few upgrades and bought an absolutely insane ring (
)

Grats on the ring - out of curiosity how much is your DPS (GMP) without the ring on - I've got gear that's similar to yours (except for the ring) and I'm at roughly 39K DPS (GMP, wrath and golem) ATM.
trying this build, now lvl 89 and it's working well :) but just have some questions

1. how much dmg u guys' ST can do? now i'v 1131 int and my ST r doing only 1669 - 10205 lightning dmg (no aura no golem no charge) with a 5L ST-GMP-WED-Lightning pen-ele focus. is this dmg too low?

2. now i cant afford a good ring with WED+int+ele res, so i have only int+res from my rings, is WED mod on rings really important for this build?

3. how much ES do i need to do end game content? now i have 10K ES, and i dont know if i should give up some ES for more int
"
chungexintu wrote:
trying this build, now lvl 89 and it's working well :) but just have some questions

1. how much dmg u guys' ST can do? now i'v 1131 int and my ST r doing only 1669 - 10205 lightning dmg (no aura no golem no charge) with a 5L ST-GMP-WED-Lightning pen-ele focus. is this dmg too low?

2. now i cant afford a good ring with WED+int+ele res, so i have only int+res from my rings, is WED mod on rings really important for this build?

3. how much ES do i need to do end game content? now i have 10K ES, and i dont know if i should give up some ES for more int

1. Your lightning damage seems a bit low. Try to get 40+ int on all gear pieces, eventually aiming for roughly 1300+ int. Also invest into damage nodes on the tree if you haven't done so. My lightning damage is 2473 to 16133, and I have 1,376 int - your low damage is partly due to missing int and the reset is probably a combination of missing damage nodes on the tree and missing wed/elemental damage on gear (mainly rings).
2. WED helps quite a bit. Eventually rings should have high int, wed some resist(s), and likely accuracy (although you might get accuracy on other gear slots instead).
3. Your ES is fine for all content.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jan 14, 2017, 5:24:44 AM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
chungexintu wrote:

1. Your lightning damage seems a bit low. Try to get 40+ int on all gear pieces, eventually aiming for roughly 1300+ int. Also invest into damage nodes on the tree if you haven't done so. My lightning damage is 2473 to 16133, and I have 1,376 int - your low damage is partly due to missing int and the reset is probably a combination of missing damage nodes on the tree and missing wed/elemental damage on gear (mainly rings).
2. WED helps quite a bit. Eventually rings should have high int, wed some resist(s), and likely accuracy (although you might get accuracy on other gear slots instead).
3. Your ES is fine for all content.

ty for answer, now my main problem is budget due to the crazy price of HOWA item... what do you think if i give up ele res on ring and get WED instead? but for this i need to give up wrath and use aura to cap ele res... wrath or WED on rings, which can give more dmg?
and if i give up some ES for ele res, as a noob who never touched content higher than T12 map, i want to know how much ES do i must have to do end game content? is 8.5k (as posted) enough?
8.5K is probably too low for T16/Shaper unless your DPS is really high. Youtube videos for Guardian/Shaper kills seem to have 9.5K+ ES, typically about 10K or a little more.

Without seeing your gear and tree it's hard to give specific advice, but generally speaking, grind the highest maps you can comfortably tackle while leveling. A good stopping point may be 90, 91 or 92 depending on the tree you're aiming for.

Once you hit your end level you can be much more aggressive in tackling content since deaths no longer matter.

As you grind maps save up currency - pick items your interested in and save up. Typically upgrades cost between 30c and 4ex depending on the item and how good it is (the best gear is of course much more expensive); chest upgrades of course are a lot more expensive.

Since you're now using a 5-link chest, I'd upgrade that to a 6-link. The cheapest route to a 6-link chest is by getting 7 "The Etheral" cards. The cards go for about 22c each on BSC at the moment.

Once you have the chest you can alt/aug/regal and for roughly 3-4ex or so, you'll end up with a 750ish Energy Shield 6-link. You can multimod it to get a bit of int and a resist.

I made this chest using this technique (I settled for a little lower ES because I liked the Cold Resist attribute I rolled):

It'll take time to get all the gear you'll want for the toughest content - just keep grinding though and you'll get there.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jan 14, 2017, 6:08:58 AM
Build looks great and have been using it now till lvl 70, buying gear for respec to ci today. What would your thoughts be on a slight modification to the tree and going crit with skyforth?
I don't understand how can you reach 49k dmg with GMP + auras + golem.

Could you please post a screenshoot of your offence tab?

Thanks.
"Embrace the darkness"
About priorities, which is more important to take first, Astramentis or Vinktar?
Can someone please take a look at my guy... "As_I_Lay_Dying". I have most of the stuff minus the Amulet.. However my damage only shows around 15k. I understand Im a lower level, but my skill tree only has a couple more Int nodes before i hit the ES branch. Why is my damage so low?

Edit: i was playing with a guy following the same build, and he had 450 Int, and did 20k damage.
Last edited by Damian831 on Jan 14, 2017, 3:50:44 PM
Selling a decent HOWA ring that I just replaced by the way, if anyones interested.

15 cold/light res
33 int
42 STR
25 % WED
377 ACC
16% max ES

Edit** Sold
Last edited by evenson on Jan 15, 2017, 12:18:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info