[2.5] CI/LL Blight CwC Poison Vortex over 2M DPS Trivialize all content [Tri-Curse/HC Viable]

Was playing this since the first video came out on reddit and it was fun. Sadly I just ripped to Tul because I was being stupid. A+ fun build once it gets rolling.
Uul-Netol was a joke. Cleared to boss with over a minute remaining. Boss fight I just stood there and didn't use flasks and never dropped below 50%.

Chayula clear was a joke. Basically took no damage from mobs and ended with well over 30 seconds left. Boss fight was actually a bit harder. His spinning attack that shoots things everywhere actually does a ton of damage and I can't really tank it since I can't move and do damage. Other than dodging that, though, I can just stand there and facetank without flasks.
Made the jump over from Wither-CwC-Firestorm and the Duration nodes to this build a little earlier. Swapped out a 5L Infernal Mantle for a 5L Beast Fur Shawl and replaced one of my rings with a near-max-resist Pyre - 74% cold resist now, but it's a WiP.

So far the pack clearing feels much smoother, and that's going from a level 17 Firestorm to a level 12 Vortex and a level 12 Blight. Single target is still slow and sloppy, but I definitely feel much tankier - let the Voll clone in Oasis hit me with his charged attack just to see what would happen and he did maybe 20% of my 8.2k bar, which healed back up directly.

Breaches are much more manageable as well, less precasting and dodging through my own AOE fields to survive, more holding right click and letting a few vortexes build up before diving into the next pack.

Still don't have any of the multicurse set up - I'm Vile Bastion / Void Beacon and short passive points to reach Whispers of Doom. However, other than the mana issues with Whirling Blades during travel, it feels like a big improvement in pack clearing, and seems like it has enough headroom to catch up to the crazy boss-melting speed wither/firestorm offers once it gets rolling.

I'm a bit worried about mana overall - with only 57 unreserved MP, even with the -res node near CI, I'm not sure what'll happen when Blight gets a few more levels and catches up with my character level. Still, so far so good - thanks for sharing your build with the community!
"
kryori wrote:

I'm a bit worried about mana overall - with only 57 unreserved MP, even with the -res node near CI, I'm not sure what'll happen when Blight gets a few more levels and catches up with my character level. Still, so far so good - thanks for sharing your build with the community!

I wouldn't worry about mana costs. Blight's mana scaling is better than wither's (4 mana cost base at level 20). I run with 62 mana unreserved myself and even spamming whirling blades with fortify and faster attacks on it, and channeling Blight on a 5L, mana is not a concern. Actual mana cost to channel that is 7 mana for me.
If you are concerned about mana, make sure you have Rallying Cry up. That is the entire purpose of it, since it is essentially a Clarity when it's up. While strength isn't super important since none of the gems that use it need to be leveled (RC, WM, IC), having a higher level RC means more mana regen. For me personally, I can sustain WB entirely just with a level 15 RC up (taking my ring with mana regen off). Without it, yes I run dry after 2-3 WB's, which is why I like to have a mana regen mod on my free ring slot. It won't completely sustain, but it makes life much easier when RC isn't up. If I didn't have that, then I'd take the -res node in the tree. One thing I noticed, though, is that the -res node is pretty mandatory (or you drop AA) if you want to run with an aurabot. My friend doubled my cast speed to a .11s Blight on Vaal Haste and I legit could not even get a Vortex out to leech before going OOM.
Last edited by dragonsroc on Dec 23, 2016, 10:27:37 AM
What about Vile Bastion over Void Beacon for HC? Bad idea? :)
"
Vivalamuerte wrote:
What about Vile Bastion over Void Beacon for HC? Bad idea? :)

Thought about it, but the regen isn't going to really be much of an impact compared to the leech you're already getting. And the stun immunity is so conditional I wouldn't rely on it to drop Chayula. Maybe if you wanted to layer it with stun avoidance enchant and the stun avoidance nodes in the tree.

Also, Void Beacon is freaking huge. There is no other way to lower chaos res, so at the very worst, it is a 20% more multiplier. But since most bosses have a little bit of chaos res, it is actually worth more than that in most cases. Also, the lowered regen helps kill Dyness in the Hall, if that's anything.
i did drop the +1 curse in favor of vile bastion. cant afford witchfire ATM so didnt need it. ive seen the counter reach in the 40's so thats 20+% ES regen inside breaches is really good .
What is your tooltip dps of vortex?
i struggle big bosses right now dps seems low in 5l (no void manipulation and no void beacon) but surely its very fun and strong build.
Sitting in hideout, Inc AoE is 10k, lv18 20Q Conc is 15.8k.

Ran around Dried Lake with flasks can range between 24-30k using AoE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info