[2.5] CI/LL Blight CwC Poison Vortex over 2M DPS Trivialize all content [Tri-Curse/HC Viable]

The Red/Green Dream jewels don't double dip, right? It's a bit confusing to me, but since they only are adding damage when there is a fire/ice component, it seems only the initial hit would be improved. If this is the case the damage seems similar (probably slightly worse) than a good 3 mod damage jewel but at substantially higher cost. The frenzy charges make Green Dream still worth it, but this is why I haven't included the Red Dream yet.

On another note, I've started using a Dying Sun and the difference in clear speed is substantial. With the alchemist nodes it adds more area affect than a level 20 increased area affect support (39.6% vs 39%), but of course both is best outside bosses. The Breach clear ability was already great but it's on another level now. I realize it won't be worth the cost for many people, but if you have 5-6 ex to spare I highly recommend it.

A quick tip for anyone struggling to keep Atziri's up all the time on hexproof maps, just get a second one to switch in on these maps. This hasn't been an issue for me for a while but it was useful in my 80s when doing higher hexproof maps.

"
Troncz wrote:
Hello,
can someone please help me with this build? Look at my character Ikika_Dadova and tell me what im missing i die a lot cant do Izaro even on merciles.

It looks like you need to turn off the "hide characters" option in your privacy settings.
"
A_Riot_Coming wrote:
The Red/Green Dream jewels don't double dip, right? It's a bit confusing to me, but since they only are adding damage when there is a fire/ice component, it seems only the initial hit would be improved. If this is the case the damage seems similar (probably slightly worse) than a good 3 mod damage jewel but at substantially higher cost. The frenzy charges make Green Dream still worth it, but this is why I haven't included the Red Dream yet.

On another note, I've started using a Dying Sun and the difference in clear speed is substantial. With the alchemist nodes it adds more area affect than a level 20 increased area affect support (39.6% vs 39%), but of course both is best outside bosses. The Breach clear ability was already great but it's on another level now. I realize it won't be worth the cost for many people, but if you have 5-6 ex to spare I highly recommend it.

A quick tip for anyone struggling to keep Atziri's up all the time on hexproof maps, just get a second one to switch in on these maps. This hasn't been an issue for me for a while but it was useful in my 80s when doing higher hexproof maps.

"
Troncz wrote:
Hello,
can someone please help me with this build? Look at my character Ikika_Dadova and tell me what im missing i die a lot cant do Izaro even on merciles.

It looks like you need to turn off the "hide characters" option in your privacy settings.

The "dream" jewels add 5% of elemental damage we use as EXTRA chaos damage. This means you are getting 5% MORE damage as chaos, which is a very powerful damage increase. This, however, should not double dip with the poison output.

Having 4 frenzy charges means getting 16% extra attack speed (QoL on whirling blades), 16% extra cast speed (more layers of Blight damage) and 16% MORE damage. This 16% double dips and is really amazing especially when doing breachlord's domains (the Chayula one being the toughest DPS check) or breaches in the highest tier maps.

This is why I run a Green Dream, but not a Red Dream. Free frenzy charges while mapping / breaching are too good to pass.
Last edited by djnat on Jan 17, 2017, 3:17:32 PM
so is better a sort of

11% increased Spell Damage
14% increased Spell Damage while Dual Wielding
10% increased Area Damage

than Fire dream, for double dip?

(The difference of damage is nearly none)
[/quote] It looks like you need to turn off the "hide characters" option in your privacy settings.[/quote]

Done.
"
NazgulTirith wrote:
so is better a sort of

11% increased Spell Damage
14% increased Spell Damage while Dual Wielding
10% increased Area Damage

than Fire dream, for double dip?

(The difference of damage is nearly none)

If your spells' tooltips (Blight + Vortex combined) is the same, the yellow jewel is better because all stats double dip with poison.
To echo djnat above, if the tooltip is the same the rare will definitely be better. But one thing to keep in mind when comparing tooltip damage is that the chaos damage matters far more. Red dream will improve the portion of damage that is chaos compared to a rare jewel.

My most similar jewel has the 3 above rolls plus %fire damage. Replacing it with Red Dream would make my total Vortex tool tip damage go down, but the chaos damage would improve a couple percent. So the tooltip is actually going up with Red Dream, even though the total tooltip is going down. But considering double dipping the rare is better for damage as the 38% increase applied to the poison is more damage than the ~2% more chaos on the initial hit.
Last edited by A_Riot_Coming on Jan 17, 2017, 7:46:17 PM
"
Troncz wrote:
Hello,
can someone please help me with this build? Look at my character Ikika_Dadova and tell me what im missing i die a lot cant do Izaro even on merciles. My dmg is bad, i cant imagine how you doing 2m dps. I can barelly do t12 maps.Im big noob at poe im clearly missing somethink. My dmg is:
-blight: 1487 per sec
-Vortex: 1380-2080 fire + 2500-3800 chaos + 5160 per sec. frost dot.
I got 6590 ES vith CI. Max resist, 250 armour, 400 evasion.

Thank you for advice.

Maybe I've missed something but it looks like you've hit all the basics. Don't feel too bad about doing maps below t12 at level 81 and not much currency, especially if you are newer to the game.

Your damage will get far better with the last 2 ascendancy points and the 3rd curse + Witchfire. You could also use much better jewels; the best mod to search for is dual wield spell damage and I didn't see it on any of your jewels. Try to farm currency and buy jewels off this list: http://poe.trade/search/itimouoninoate (search is for 3 mods out of ES and the 4 full double dipping damage mods). I would also ditch energy from within, at least until you get those adjacent es/health nodes. On the defensive side, I would try to get higher ES gloves and helm, and at least a cheap crystal belt. Move some of those resists to your ring so that the higher ES gear will be cheaper. Lastly don't forget to switch to concentrated effect on most bosses, it may seem scary to have to get that close but the damage difference (and life steal difference) is huge.
I am new and still learning the game mechanics, but I guess I don't understand how you gain that much more damage with shavs and pain attunement vs CI and beast fur shawl. The way I am looking at it, which may be wrong, is that shavs has a possible 10% implicit and you get 30% from pain attunement which would be 40%. With beast fur shawl, you get 40% on the armor itself. Seems to me like it is a wash. If you can give more insight in detail into what the advantage is for LL shavs, I would really appreciate it. I see one advantage as getting back the 4 CI points (CI and the es ones above it). If you just take more es needs elsewhere though, it seems like it cancels out. Maybe you are able to remove more defensive gems and add more auras?

Thanks ,

erikjo
"
erikjo wrote:
I am new and still learning the game mechanics, but I guess I don't understand how you gain that much more damage with shavs and pain attunement vs CI and beast fur shawl. The way I am looking at it, which may be wrong, is that shavs has a possible 10% implicit and you get 30% from pain attunement which would be 40%. With beast fur shawl, you get 40% on the armor itself. Seems to me like it is a wash. If you can give more insight in detail into what the advantage is for LL shavs, I would really appreciate it. I see one advantage as getting back the 4 CI points (CI and the es ones above it). If you just take more es needs elsewhere though, it seems like it cancels out. Maybe you are able to remove more defensive gems and add more auras?

Thanks ,

erikjo

It's a matter of wording.

Taken from PoE Wiki:

"
MORE vs INCREASED

You have 1000 base damage and "100% increased damage" from gear and "100% increased damage" from passives. You can then choose between slotting either of two support gems:

Gem A gives "100% increased damage".

Gem B gives "100% more damage".

Calculation:

Gem A: gear+passive+gem = 300% increased, so 1000*(1+3.0) = 4000 damage.

Gem B: (gear+passive)*gem = 200% increased and 100% more, so 1000*(1+2.0)*(1+1.0) = 6000 dmg

"Reduced" is equivalent to "increased" (but getting smaller instead of larger); likewise "less" works in the equivalent way as "more".
Last edited by djnat on Jan 17, 2017, 11:49:04 PM
"
NazgulTirith wrote:
nearly to finish the EQ (already did all ascendenty) the only difficult is find a consuming Dark with culling strike and right link color (not for the currency, but barely no one sell it)

I'm glad everyone's getting to experience the love that is Vortex. Just don't make Vortex gear expensive next league, please.

As for the jewels, I'd only swap out the Red Dream for a 35%+ double dipping rare jewel. The reason I keep it is for hexproof maps. Being able to still gain endurance charges is really nice since it not only reduces the damage you're taking from stuff like archers/porcupines, it also extends the IC duration which is very good for mapping. If you just play hexproof maps safer or reroll them, then you don't really need it. I just wanted to be able to do literally any and every mod combination. Plus, it's significantly cheaper than a good jewel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info