Molten Shell - The build

Ah... This Thread explains KarunaMAH.
"
Actalo wrote:
Ah... This Thread explains KarunaMAH.

no he is juggernaut, but yeah almost same shit. he is 5 times weaker than what markusz has though.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
That about sums up all that fuckhead's builds; same broken-ish shit as someone else, but his version is shittier lol
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith

New toys I put into the build. Full trigger speed BCR swap added. Scorching ray covered (93% fire res).
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Dec 30, 2016, 9:32:40 PM

Approved.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
needless to say, mindspiral is OP. im expecting a strong nerf. its killing pvp.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Every now and then when we go in sarn to talk, a Wild molten appear and kill everyone then commit suicide.

Since 2013 we tell you all, Molten is too fucking weak it need a big buff. Like 300% more damage against melee or something.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Jan 6, 2017, 11:52:33 PM
"
1Tokimeki2003 wrote:

Approved.

A well geared version of what I mentioned as the optimal non-anti-crit setup.

Aside from tooltip warrioring, this setup has some flaws. It sacrifices a big amount of survivability for maximum damage, but it's not optimal for anything.

It lacks any BCR, which spoils the purpose of the setup, the high burst damage.

CI Aegis full tanks are easier dealt with removing CWDTs and some BCR than adding more damage, otherwise it takes long time and prones to make mistakes.

Against other zerphi builds like mine, your molten damage is enough to oneshot, but your lower cast speed can cause you to die, if the opponent can score 2 hits between your 2 hits, you are getting 2-shot, so it's not a reliable setup. From our last night matches you killed me more often, because the block miss happens more often than my faster cast speed syncing up with yours, causing 2-shots, and without molten, your CWDTs are also rarely enough to burst me down on their own. If you were to get higher cast speed than me, I could almost never kill you while you keep casting.

Conc effect is only good vs slow opponents, who can't or won't run out of the aoe between your flicker-molten or dash-molten combo.

Empower is part of the absolute highest damage version, but it drastically increases the break threshold, and to keep the full trigger speed, it requires a very high mana cost, like you have, causing you to take high damage from scolds. Since your only phys mit is the basalt flask and some armour, assuming around 50% reduction, from the 1200 * 4 = 4800 original scold damage, you still take 2400, reducing your effective max life by that amount + the original cost.

My suggestions would be to swap Empower to BCR, so you get tankier and a more reliable fast burst damage. Get a cast speed swap against other molten zerphi to avoid 2-shots, or high burst damage in general. Try to squeeze in an AA, because it's not only easy phys reduction allowing for even lower mana cost, but fire reduction is also good, worth investing into that more mana.
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Can either of you post a video of your matches so GGG can see how stupid it was? Problem isn't Molten shell and hasn't been since 100% elemental conversions were implemented. It's trigger gems and how you can self proc now to use skills that were never purposed that way.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Jan 7, 2017, 12:37:27 PM
From yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBhlFyQaR84

2 gigs, so still processing, estimage is 38 mins. I'll extract some timestamps later for the relevant parts.
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Jan 7, 2017, 1:11:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info