Deleted

edited some stuff on the guide

let me know if you dont understand certain things or if you need help

Also we need a theme song for this build.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD8YPY8RBQc
most definitely
"

Who even are you?

Nice spam comment on my thread though

Theoretical dps is interesting to look at and that is the calculation

Already im over 16,000 per ball

On a big boss like minotaur/malachi/atziri usually all 7 balls hit them

so thats 16,000 x 7

Then we calculate the fact that it can proq 6 times per second

(16,000 x 7) x 6

Already its 672,000 dps

I know math is hard right

Then we calculate pointblank

Pointblank is not already on the molten burst dps so we have to multiply the 50% more damage dealt with projectiles

So then the math becomes

(16,000x7) x (1.5) x (6 molten bursts per second) = 1,008,000 Damage per second

Then we have to calculate that we have penetration 38% from the tree/gear and another 31% from lvl 12 elemental weakness on hit

Each % res penetrated/removed is almost equivalent to 1% more damage

Either way the definition of theoretical " involving the theory of a subject "

Best case scenario is that we pop 6 instances of molten burst, and each ball hits the main target within pointblank radius and deals like i just explained ridiculous damage..

At the end of my short explanation i also added that

"This calculation dps is for single target ...not including herald of ashe dmg and pack dps"

Herald of ashe causes monsters or mob that we kill and deal overkill dmg to, to explode... dealing aoe fire damage..

Alot of bosses have "adds" that we can kill while close to the boss and deal damage with the herald of ashe explosion...

Not only but again this whole dps calculation is based on a single monster over the course of a single second...

DAMAGE PER SECOND = dps

Its pretty confusing to comment smh when i explained everything perfectly.

Please dont spam people if you have nothing to do.. if you have an actual question then ill answer...

If you are just here to troll,
jog on!

Why you have to be mad? It's just a game. Who I am? Who is anyone? What is wrong with you?

I'm terrible at math but even I can understand that your dps calculation is broken.
Rarely all the projectiles hit the same mob, even when it has a huge hitbox like some of the bosses you are not going to land all of them. The combat is dynamic and complex. Also you can't claim your dps is this and that when it ARGUABLY becomes a reality only in a few occasions and is based on probabilities.

So you have to have in mind that Ngamahu's has only 20% chance to trigger the Molten Burst.

"
so thats 16,000 x 7

Then we calculate the fact that it can proq 6 times per second

And considering what I just said it's possible that it won't proc at all.

"
I know math is hard right

I think you're confusing this game with an old runescape. But even there are probabilities, nothing in your calculations are 100% guaranteed like you're claiming. Also what's up with your attitude? You try to boost your e-peen aren't you?

Your calculation is pretty much an example of calculating the highest output of a lightning damage build who can also hit very low but you forgot about that or you just don't want to acknowledge that.

If you wanna talk about DPS you have to calculate what is the possibility of the lowest damage output and how much it is and then combine it with your over 9000 crap and take an average out of that...
That would be more accurate.

Instead you're just taking best case scenario which realistically will happen 1/5 times...

You're welcome... Smh...
I know a lot of people who RMT and use PoeHuds, item pickups, crafties, custom renderers, bots, map/zoom/bright hacks and autoflasks. But I am not going to snitch rather encourage them and others to use hacks. GGG had a choice whether they want a friend or an enemy. They chose the latter. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by 5oobZRsnNq on Dec 19, 2016, 2:56:58 PM
"

Why you have to be mad?

Because you just came here and commented smh and thats obnoxious

"
It's just a game. Who I am? Who is anyone? What is wrong with you?

I dont know you, you never messaged any type of questions or anything... so i was wondering if you were one of the people on my friend's list just trolling on my thread...

"
I'm terrible at math but even I can understand that your dps calculation is broken.
Rarely all the projectiles hit the same mob, even when it has a huge hitbox like some of the bosses you are not going to land all of them. The combat is dynamic and complex. Also you can't claim your dps is this and that when it ARGUABLY becomes a reality only in a few occasions and is based on probabilities.

You do understand what theoretical dps means right...
Its a theory... im not saying that its factual 100% this is our dps...

I said "IF"

please read...

IF we are fighting a big boss our 7 projectiles generally do hit the boss...

You can see this in my Minotaur fight and atziri fight... the balls generally all land right on top of them..

The minotaur fight was a total of 2 minutes but i did not spend 2 minutes just attacking him...

2 Minutes is quite fast and everyone knows his hp is in the Millions ...

"

So you have to have in mind that Ngamahu's has only 20% chance to trigger the Molten Burst.

Yea and we attack over 6 times per second... again the dps calculation is theoretical..

i dont know if you understand what that means... go watch some videos on theory and explaining possibilities..

So again if you take 3 seconds to read what i wrote i put some key words in there....

"that it can proq 6 times per second"

See how i wrote that it can? See how i say theoretical dps? Best case scenario?

Too complicated still????

"
"100% guaranteed like you're claiming."

What in the hell.... now i know you are trolling...

I have already explained that the dps calculation is based on theory

That theory of if

That IF certain things happen we can calculate them in a certain way....

People want to know the roof dps not the floor...

Just to satisfy you

Now to find the average dps based on top and bottom molten burst proq chance
So then the math becomes

(16,000x7) x (1.5) x (6 molten bursts per second) = 1,008,000 Damage per second x (res penetration) +
(cyclone Dps)

(16,000x7) x (1.5) x (5 molten bursts per second) = 840,000 Damage per second x (res penetration) +
(cyclone Dps)

(16,000x7) x (1.5) x (4 molten bursts per second) = 672,000 Damage per second x (res penetration) +
(cyclone Dps)

(16,000x7) x (1.5) x (3 molten bursts per second) = 504,000 Damage per second x (res penetration) +
(cyclone Dps)

(16,000x7) x (1.5) x (2 molten bursts per second) = 336,000 Damage per second x (res penetration) +
(cyclone Dps)

(16,000x7) x (1.5) x (1 molten bursts per second) = 168,000 Damage per second x (res penetration) +
(cyclone Dps)

(16,000x7) x (1.5) x (0 molten bursts per second) = 0 Damage per second x (res penetration) +
(cyclone Dps)

We attack at .16 with the cooldown on molten burst at .15

1,008,000 Damage per second
( ___________________________________________ ) = 504,000 Damage per second

Average Damage of 504,000 Damage per second

If we are cycling between 1-6 bursts then we have to add the cyclone dps which is about 20,000 as well as add the multiplier from fire penetration

Each % res penetrated/removed is equivalent to 1% more damage

(fire pen = 38% + elemental weakness lvl 12 = 31%) = 69% pen

504,000 x (1.69) = 851,760 + cyclone 20k dps = over 871,760 average damage per second @ 16k per ball.
(this of course is the dps based on the chance that we hit none/all possible molten bursts)

I am well over 19k per ball(picture on the bottom)

Average DPS for me at the moment is well over 1 million

After i get better gear , +1 frenzy corrupted amulet, and gem levels
I should see the ball dps over 21,000!!!!

Hopefully you understand this

Any further questions about dps/calculations will be ignored because i explained it thoroughly multiple times and said clearly that it was theoretical and best case scenario dps.

Enjoy
Last edited by Bloomania on Dec 19, 2016, 10:17:01 PM
Why don't you have a more offensive set up for the cyclone?

I have a 6link Kintsugi that I am playing with and the clear speed is pretty slow with the defensive set up.

Is it because your build emphasizes the molten balls as the main source of damage as opposed to supplementing the actual cyclone dps?

Would you gem differently for Softcore? Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks.
All those excuses and yet your title clearly says "Ben's Breach Melter over 900k Dps". Don't see words "theoretical" or "possibility" there. Not even anything about it being anywhere near reality just during the boss fights.

Go at least calculate the lowest possible output of your offense, add that to your highest current estimate or whatever and take an average number from those two.
You didn't even do that and you're talking about DPS. You clearly don't know what DPS means only what those letters stand for. :D

I understand it's more of a click bait and yet you discredit other players who actually spend hours calculating their damage out put and learning how game mechanics work but you just put it out because of some theory that you want to believe in about your all hits landing and hit for max during the period of a second and I definitely don't appreciate that.
I know a lot of people who RMT and use PoeHuds, item pickups, crafties, custom renderers, bots, map/zoom/bright hacks and autoflasks. But I am not going to snitch rather encourage them and others to use hacks. GGG had a choice whether they want a friend or an enemy. They chose the latter. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"
Why don't you have a more offensive set up for the cyclone?

Cyclone is already doing plenty of damage for me.
I am doing t16 maps and opening breaches with no struggle (dps-wise)

If we drop fortify we lose a massive amount of defense

Cyclone - Fortify

Faster attacks and Increased AOE are pretty standard for dmg and speed

Cyclone - Fortify - Faster Attacks - Increased Aoe

Lastly i run LGOH to stay @ full life since we cant rely on leech/life regen to protect us alone.

The Life gained per hit is applied instantly

Currently im getting back 54 life per hit

We hit about 6 times per second with Resolute technique which means our attacks cant be evaded

54*6 = 324 Life per second Per Mob

So now the links are
Cyclone - Fortify - Faster Attacks - Increased Aoe - Life Gained On Hit

Lastly if you are running a 6link you could add WED/Blind/Melee Phys

Either way im not struggling what-so-ever on dps and the only real improvements for me atm are levels.

You could drop a few life nodes if you want to grab earlier dps but i wouldnt stray too far off the tree i posted even if you are on SC

If you still think you need more dps

You can run

Cyclone - Fortify - Faster Attacks - Weapon Elemental Damage - Elemental Focus - Melee Physical Damage

Last edited by Bloomania on Dec 19, 2016, 9:40:29 PM
Would this build be good to farm uber?
"
domelious wrote:

Havent tested it yet on uber atziri, a little scared but i do have a set.

maybe ill give it a shot
"
domelious wrote:

I did the oversoul duo pretty easily no problems there

Killed the trio a tad bit easier then the duo but i got chunked harder on the trio

Got to atziri and died as i brought her down to 1% hp ... should have had culling strike or something to finish her off

Difficulty from Easiest to Hardest

Atziri < Minotaur < Uber Atziri

My friend came in and finished her off with once essence drain

@Context85 can confirm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info