[2.6] Toxic Aegis - CwC Chaos Flurry Gladiator

Hey i'm the guy using skin of the loyal with this build. i've reached 87 and here are some of my thoughts.

• I spent a bit of time comparing crit and non-crit. You are right non-crit is better. You end up with about 800 less life, and only doing about 1/3 more damage. Its so much better to spend the extra points you would spend getting crit damage and getting more jewel slots instead for those delicious % inc area damage / % inc Chaos / % inc physical / % inc damage / %spell damage jewels.
  • As for the effectiveness of Skin of the Loyal. I'm at level 87 and have 26k base Armour + 1.3k es and 5.2k hp. Feels unkillable!
  • I recommend getting a level 4 enlighten and link to Grace/Determination. it will give you 12% less mana reserved and saves you 3 aura points off the tree.
  • I tried using "The surrender" for a bit. the +250 hp on block works out to be equivalent to aegis at 12500 Armour. I can't remember if it is noted anywhere in this thread but you can add life gain on hit to the reckoning auto cursing get about 60 (assuming you have a claw) life on hit (per thing hit by reckoning). This works in tandem with aegis adding some es on block, so that is kinda neat, working out as being ~1/4 the effect of the surrender. without massively reworking the build, aegis is vastly superior.
  • [dbLinkedItem id="11094801310"]
Last edited by Tritium on Jan 3, 2017, 4:22:52 AM
"

I think you missunderstand this. This build does not get Armour because i think Armour is good. It gets armour to "heal" 600-1k ES on each block with Aegis.

That's rather obvious given what Aegis shield is, but that does not help against end game bosses as you know. I've already done chayula and shaper with scourge/surrender version. I have no plans to do uber atziri, but I know I can dps down the split phase within seconds. The reality is dps + enough buffer is more efficient for endgame bosses. If you're going to invest 2-10ex into a build, it better have some flexibility to switch between high defense vs high offense.

Some comments on bosses:
Chayula
You need to have high AoE clear to get to the boss. On a 5L, I went down to 10s on timer. On a 6L, I sustain 20-30s on timer. Again the real damage comes from gratuitous violence explosions (as it scales with mobs life), you will one-shot the rares. If rare is not surrounded by trash mobs, you need to throw lightning trap on rare and dps it down. You cannot skip any rares or you will run out of time. In all breaches, timer stops when the edge of the breach reaches the boss portal.

Make sure you bring flamedash, sometimes path can split in bad layouts and you won't be able to whirl/shield charge onto another path. You will lose 3-5s if you don't flamedash, which is significant amount of time if you don't have enough dps on 5L. When you go into the zone, you can walk around without proccing the breach to make sure you know what the first few screen pathing looks like.

Chayula boss itself is straightforward. When chayula is cycloning and shooting out projectiles, just cast wither totem to stack and kite around (you should be able to block most of the projectiles). You can do dps when chayula does the stationary nova projectile attack.

Shaper
You cannot facetank and must kite, so you need to be familar with the mechanics. However high dps ensures the phases are reasonably short. I have 8.2k average damage on my bladefall in hideout (with conc effect, lvl20 gems). With scourge on hit + ascendancy bleed bonus, the real bladefall on-hit average is ~10k. The cheapest way to gain damage is to wear a ming's heart ring. You will lose life, but quite frankly 6k life is more than enough for the fight (you have to kite the one-shot attacks anyways). I also switched 3 of my jewels to pure dps.

I used 3 bubbling life flasks for sustain, atziri's promise, and a sulphur flask (sin's rebirth would be preferred but that's expensive). You should have remove chill/freeze on your flasks for when you step in vortexes accidentally.

For the final split phase, just keep casting wither totem and wait until you see both shaper/ghost commit to attack, then throw lightning trap and do dps. You should be able to kill shaper after 3-5 such dps bouts. With lvl21 gems + sin's rebirth + gg jewels, you may be able to melt shaper similar to king of the forest/other optimized poison builds. But that would be fairly expensive and other CI/GR/VP leech builds are far easier/braindead for shaper than block builds.

"
Tritium wrote:

I tried using "The surrender" for a bit. the +250 hp on block works out to be equivalent to aegis at 12500 Armour. I can't remember if it is noted anywhere in this thread but you can add life gain on hit to the reckoning auto cursing get about 60 (assuming you have a claw) life on hit (per thing hit by reckoning). This works in tandem with aegis adding some es on block, so that is kinda neat, working out as being ~1/4 the effect of the surrender. without massively reworking the build, aegis is vastly superior.

This is not true. All block trigger gems have cooldown. Aegis and surrender do not have cooldown for ES/life gained on block, they will proc on every single block. With 60%+ spell block, you can already facetank/fully heal on block from rigwald's wolves or dominus lightning attacks. You cannot do that with reckoning + LGoH. Just try it on rigwald with a lioneye's remorse shield and you will see the difference.
"

This is not true. All block trigger gems have cooldown. Aegis and surrender do not have cooldown for ES/life gained on block, they will proc on every single block. With 60%+ spell block, you can already facetank/fully heal on block from rigwald's wolves or dominus lightning attacks. You cannot do that with reckoning + LGoH. Just try it on rigwald with a lioneye's remorse shield and you will see the difference.

Reckoning hits more than one enemy at a time. so if there are enough monsters around for you to be bouncing off its cooldown (i.e. most of the time), you will LGOH anywhere between 60, 120, 180, 240 as reckoning will hit more than one monster. I didn't say its exactly 1/4 as effective, but rather that it is about 1/4 as effective. Yes I agree, it is no replacement for the surrender or aegis, i'm asserting that it is a useful layer to add in conjunction with the shields.

If you use a four link for your curse on hit setup there are not that many effective fourth gems you can use. blind would be okay, but i'm just reporting to people that i'm happy with the performance of Life Gain on Hit as a fourth link.
Last edited by Tritium on Jan 3, 2017, 8:11:50 PM
@CrusaderSean

I really don´t know what this has to do with this build. You play another build, gratz.

If you enjoy talkking about it i recommend opening a build thread for it.

@Tritium

You missquoted me. You quoted Crusader, not me. (Quote Marks say my name)

I also think that LGoH is a pretty good link if you want to play this Build with Surrender, but overall Aegis is just saver in many situations.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Jan 3, 2017, 8:36:04 PM
Not sure if this have been asked, is is possible to go CI/low life version with this build and regen our ES thorugh our Aegis Aurora real quick?
You can make a CI Aegis but you will have a very low ES pool for a CI build and a very low Armour value for a Aegis build.

So no i don´t think this would be good at all.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Have you tried playing around with Vaal Breach? Might be really good for bosses, giving you bodies to explode for faster kill and charges for more flask uptime. I'm thinking about trying this.
@Asphyxxiated

Could be worth it for Guardians but not really needed for any other Boss imho.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
I am really satisfied with this build ! At lvl 84-85 was so easy to clear T15 except Core one. Only one point - using boots with 0.5-0.6% life/mana leech will clear the case with leeching at end-game bosses and no need to waste 2 passive pts , better place them in Growth and Decay.
Using Legacy Aurora makes my gladiator unstoppable ! Good build . Because I had poison trapper I still think this build would work good with some changes on poison nodes + Bino +Southbound Gloves. I might try it later :)
"
LorimaRBG wrote:
I am really satisfied with this build ! At lvl 84-85 was so easy to clear T15 except Core one. Only one point - using boots with 0.5-0.6% life/mana leech will clear the case with leeching at end-game bosses and no need to waste 2 passive pts , better place them in Growth and Decay.

Happy to hear you enjoy the build.

But how do oyu kill Ambrius Legion Slayer, Uber Itzaro or a Guardian with only Boot Enchant? For normal mapping Boot enchant is ok but i don´t think making it reliable is wasting points.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Jan 7, 2017, 7:13:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info