We have been ordering more servers

Come on guys, there must be a cure to these problems other than dropping 3k on an Alienware rig. My machine runs every thing else without the slightest problem.

P.S. is not just the lag. There are other serious problems. But who cares. Right?
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
poeliceman wrote:
But but but...... certain GGG lovers swear there is nothing you can do and is not a problem with the game. How can this be?

Not quite...some are pointing out that the "server" problems are not just the server, and people are still moaning since they have added more servers, point it the problem is more likely to be on the players end (or their ISP) than the server and they are using this as an excuse to their bitching

Chris and company knew that server performance was suffering months ago. Listen on the Path of Exile Atlas: The Lioneye's Watch Podcast #06 - Feat. Lead Developer Chris Wilson back on September 18th at the 57:45 time mark to here Hege's question and Chris talk about player performance (the speed meta) causing a 60% increased server side load per player than just a year ago. This was way before Breach League and if you look at the PoE Steam player stats there are thousands more playing PoE daily today than in Essence League so GGG clearly saw that server performance wasn't cutting it and the huge lag of breaches is what finally made GGG move to add more realm servers to spread the processing load and reduce lag. No one can just blame our gaming rigs for not having enough cpu/gpu horsepower or that our Internet connection is too slow. The server cpu's are just being overloaded with too many game sessions per core.

So why are those "victims" so against posting WinMTR results then?

Because there would be packet loss and (possible) delays up to 4 seconds (saw those).

Here is mine (one of the recent) "gameplay session" in Crystal Veins
(ip taken from log-file on entering the area; there were 1 essence pack, hence the 145 and 114 "minor spikes", which didn't really affect me)
Spoiler
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 10.0.255.255 - 0 | 263 | 263 | 0 | 0 | 13 | 0 |
| kiev-nt-b1-ae8-vlan3138.fiord.net - 0 | 263 | 263 | 0 | 0 | 24 | 0 |
|frankfurt-anc-b1-xe0-0-2-vlan2044.fiord.net - 0 | 263 | 263 | 33 | 33 | 67 | 33 |
|amsterdam-nik-b1-xe0-0-2-vlan542.fiord.net - 0 | 263 | 263 | 39 | 40 | 60 | 40 |
| bbr01.eq01.ams01.networklayer.com - 0 | 263 | 263 | 37 | 38 | 67 | 38 |
| ae0.bbr02.xn01.fra01.networklayer.com - 0 | 263 | 263 | 39 | 40 | 145 | 39 |
| ae6.dar01.fra02.networklayer.com - 0 | 263 | 263 | 40 | 42 | 114 | 40 |
| po1.fcr01b.fra02.networklayer.com - 0 | 263 | 263 | 39 | 39 | 45 | 40 |
| 8f.1f.32a9.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com - 0 | 263 | 263 | 39 | 39 | 44 | 39 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

So, are GGG's servers THE ONLY to blame?
Only thing people need to do is, fucking, start cooperating with GGG in the process of searching for solution!
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Last edited by HarukaTeno on Dec 20, 2016, 1:23:39 PM
"
MFairfax wrote:
Come on guys, there must be a cure to these problems other than dropping 3k on an Alienware rig.

if you think buying good hardware would solve latency then you are wrong
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Servers seems less laggy and more stable, Nice work GGG!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Chris wrote:
Sorry for not commenting in every thread about this, but we're actively ordering more servers as needed whenever there are issues induced by player numbers. As this release was surprisingly large and Breaches certainly increase server load, we've had to add more servers many times so far.

Just letting you know that the reports aren't being ignored. As the holiday season will result in more players, we'll keep piling them on.

When is this going to happen? Much of the content is unplayable and has been since Breach started. I emailed support 4 days ago and I'm still waiting for a response. Its really frustrating because nearly every post that people make on the forum gets zero attention from you guys unless its someone asking for a fucking mtx tab. I can't post without the sheeple (who follow ggg blindly) bashing everything I say. How long are we supposed to wait for the game to be playable? Will it work before the league ends? Almost three weeks and you've made one post about this issue. Its fucking pathetic Chris. If you guys can't fix the issues in a timely manner, tell the community instead of making us wait for weeks at a time with no clue about what is happening. This is a joke, communication is a joke, customer service is a joke and expecting people to continually put up with this, league after league is absurd.

"
Juri wrote:
Seattle would be a DREAM ..

I'm in Vancouver (Canada) and the Cali gateway works just fine.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
So about that auction house....
or any trade improvements or making SSF viable
Chill Jams
Do you mind also selling out your game to a company with the capabilities of handling a game with less players than RUNESCAPE.

GGG cannot even implement their own trading system.

How about instead of giving us a fucking news report on something that will be soon™ You tell us how and why it took 5 years to make the game not explode on an i5-4690k.

Tell us how 'successful' your progress has been, how dedicated your staff are.

You are band-aiding the game every turn you get.

MORE SERVERS DOESN'T SOLVE SHIT DESIGN ON CONTENT THAT YOU ARE RECYCLING. THIS IS FUCKING BEYOND LEAGUE WITH A TIMER. More servers does NOT fix spaghetti.
Last edited by Whqpper on Dec 21, 2016, 12:59:47 PM
"
Do you mind also selling out your game to a company with the capabilities of handling a game with less players than RUNESCAPE.

GGG cannot even implement their own trading system.

How about instead of giving us a fucking news report on something that will be soon™ You tell us how and why it took 5 years to make the game not explode on an i5-4690k.

Tell us how 'successful' your progress has been, how dedicated your staff are.

You are band-aiding the game every turn you get.

MORE SERVERS DOESN'T SOLVE SHIT DESIGN ON CONTENT THAT YOU ARE RECYCLING. THIS IS FUCKING BEYOND LEAGUE WITH A TIMER. More servers does NOT fix spaghetti.

This guy gets it. Too bad GGG ignores everything that isn't money related.
Is 'failed to connect to instance' a server thing, or a bug thing? Cause I got this 10 times again today (after about the same amount yesterday). That's not counting another handful of 'an unexpected disconnection has occurred'. And the occasional screen freeze followed by the game moving frames at warp speed after the freeze to catch you up. And the latency spikes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info