Path of Exile Talent Competition

@ruri444 man, this is absolutely amazing job! I hope you win something big :)
SUBMISSION LINK

Hey GGG, I'm Scoots, and this is my submission, 'Welcome to Wraeclast'.
Last edited by s1ngap0rek1d on Jan 8, 2017, 10:56:50 AM
Contest submission: Chayula's Breachstone

The hand is made of clay and the shards on top are made of glass.
Homemade Gingerbread Cookie-maps (imgur)

Vaal Pyramid Map
Dark chocolate and glaze.

Academy Map
Dark chocolate and glaze.

Jungle Valley Map
White and dark chocolate with nuts.

Waste Pool Map
Coffee flavour. This was the most tricky one. First i covered it with first layer of glaze and gave it a rest for a minute (do not let it to harden). Right after that i covered it with very hot second layer. Because of difference in temperature it start bubbling and create this pattern.

Tower Map
Covered with chocolate and glaze sign.

Desert Map
Covered with two different glazes (dark have chocolate flavour).

The hardest is to create a "pattern" because maps surface is not smooth. As you can see i experimented with many different ways of implementing this (different chocolate/glaze consistancy, chocolate with nuts, double glaze layers with different temperature etc).

I can create a guide how to bake gingerbread cookies and make a glaze if anyone want.

Thank you!
Last edited by _lerby on Jan 8, 2017, 3:37:53 PM
"
ruri444 wrote:
Hello! This is my entry to the contest!

**PREVIEW**

I've painted an illustration and edited into a 360° video for YouTube. It was very challenging since it's the first time I'm trying this method!
I made this composition most thinking about each exile introduction speech. The concept that exile is not the end for these guys.

>> Please check it at YouTube!!! It's much better than a super lossy 879KB gif, I promise 😆

If you're having issues with the 360° camera, please let me know. Should work with most browsers and also works with YouTube App on mobiles.

Some screenshots in case you really hate YouTube...

Spoiler

Hope you guys like it! GL everyone! ♥

Wow.
Wait, was the illustration done on a cylinder? And can we see the physical thing/non 360-panoramic type image.
I'd love it as a desktop background, that's why I'm asking. :D

Also: I hate all of you people! You're so talented and stuff. No pointsiessss for me. xD

Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior

This is my favorite aspect of the game, everything related to the labyrinth (lore, architecture, characters).

In this composition, I tried to recreate what I think it's the essence of this place: In the outside (darkest parts of the image), it is a very cold place, a large tomb where most adventurers will find their end while trying to test themselves. Are you worthy enough of what are you looking for? Is it worth to die for it? When you enter to the labyrinth, it's like living another day in our lives. You don't know what will happen, which traps you have to avoid, which obstacles will be in your way. We either succeed or perish in this treacherous location. Once you are already in the inside (bright parts), you can see that this is not a dead place, there's life everywhere, motion, each one of your senses are active perceiving every message sent by this cruel place and you end up meeting characters living in the fear, in the unknown. Just like in the real life, there are places where you are afraid to go and scared of achieving goals but if you are brave enough and embrace this darkness, it will disappear because your fears are only inside you. You don't become a darker person because you are adopting the darkness, you are freeing yourself because the darkness can't hurt you anymore.
@kainaj Thank you very much for the good vibes man!!! :)

@Ravenstrider It's more like a sphere with the inside surface painted... The texture itself look hideous and super deformed without the sphere applied lmaooo
Someone on Reddit took this screenshot if you want to see:
Spoiler

Witch's giant buttocks always gets me lmao

Here are some screenshot I took with a 360° video viewer if you want:
Spoiler

IMO these won't make a good wallpaper haha... looks better on motion/video :)

"
ruri444 wrote:
Hello! This is my entry to the contest!
**PREVIEW**

If GGG chooses another goddamn flour-based entry over this, so help me god...
"
ruri444 wrote:
@kainaj Thank you very much for the good vibes man!!! :)

@Ravenstrider It's more like a sphere with the inside surface painted... The texture itself look hideous and super deformed without the sphere applied lmaooo
Someone on Reddit took this screenshot if you want to see:
Spoiler

Witch's giant buttocks always gets me lmao

Here are some screenshot I took with a 360° video viewer if you want:
Spoiler

IMO these won't make a good wallpaper haha... looks better on motion/video :)

Thank you!
I'll just wait for a 360-desktop. x)
Although I think the first one will work just fine.

Awesome work man. The art, the idea to make it 360... Quite ingenious.
As the guy above me said, if they pick a flour-based entry over this, I'll be upset. x)
Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior
Last edited by Ravenstrider on Jan 9, 2017, 1:02:05 AM
Offline Path of Exile - A POE Card Game

I created a POE Card Game

You and your party can skirmish trhough the first through maps, kill Hillock, find items and skill gems

advance the passive skill tree almost only consiting out of Noteable Passiv points

I created an extra post for this, i hope you enjoy
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1815789

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info