Path of Exile Talent Competition

Let's see if I can overcome laziness and enter as I plan!
Spoiler

Spoiler

Last edited by m1k3g0_1 on Dec 13, 2016, 6:44:13 AM
please delete
Last edited by Psyker1 on Dec 14, 2016, 8:41:01 AM
It's time to post my idea (or maybe Talent) here.
I really dont want to win anything, I have 4 PoE Shirts, just share my idea with you.
What about tanks in PoE.? Do they rly have an impact in party.?
I'm rly missing a skill which absorbs all the damage or even 50% of the damage dealt to your mates to you.
I love playing tank and I love the Dyness build with insane regen, even nothing can rly harm you, but it rly sucks if u say ''I'm the tank here, I'll try to protect you.'' and then they all die, cause u cannot taunt the enemy all the time with enduring cry and so on.
Also, I'm missing a healing skill.
However, those are just some ideas I have, please think about it, it would be fun.

Guten Rutsch, ihr Hübschen. :*

Hoppe113
Summary: Two exiles encounter each other in the forest. This is a story without a moral. (953 words, ~5 minutes to read.)

--

You've been tracking him for the better part of an hour.

He's huge. Massive. He trundles through the forest's undergrowth, a dangerous mountain of a man, offending the very ground he walks upon. You can feel Wraeclast calling for his death like a knife twisting in your gut. He is here to ruin everything, the tall grass whispers to you. He is here to destroy what is left of us. The wind agrees, rustling the leaves overhead, and you smile with esoteric understanding.

The other exiles--they're not saviors, or liberators. They're not even victims. They're tyrants in the making. They're here to conquer Wraeclast. That's what the dreams have shown you. As soon as you stopped being afraid to fall asleep, everything about this dark continent started to make sense.

Your quarry slows to a stop some thirty paces ahead. He unloads his knapsack and then sits down and begins sorting through it. From the look of things, he's going to take a midday break, maybe wipe the blood from that spike-lined mace he has slung over his back. You tell yourself to be patient. The worst plan of action would be to confront a towering Karui marauder head-on. Slaying this abomination will require craftiness and ingenuity. That means clearing the perimeter of distractions, setting up traps, and...

What?

He's gone. In the time it took you to check your trapping supplies, he's moved out of view. Breath held, you carefully creep forward, wondering if he found a different tree to sit under. Then: the snapping of a twig, to your immediate left. The smell of sweat and bestial musk. The bastard circled around while you weren't paying attention. It's only by the grace of the gods that you dodge the first swing of his mace. The marauder swings again, nearly catching you in the shoulder--shit, oh shit, and you're reaching for your bow out of instinct. Just one look at his swarthy face tells you all you need to know: he's determined to kill you.

No time for traps now. You sprint away from him, fumbling with your quiver, his footsteps a thunderous cadence that tells you exactly where he is. The first arrow nocked, you draw it back and then point up and into the sky to release a spectral volley of arrows. They're bright green and gleaming, imbued with powerful magic, raining down on him in a spectacular fashion. Even from a distance, you can see how the arrows pierce his skin; you can see the blood on his brow and in streaks down his too-muscular arms. You silently cheer at your expert aim. This is the thrill of the hunt.

But he doesn't stop moving. He barely flinches in the face of that onslaught, and that's when you know you're in real trouble.

No matter how many arrows you fire at him, he doesn't stop moving. It quickly becomes apparent that you're the prey, that he's the one hunting you. And it's even more apparent that he has more strength and stamina than you do. He doesn't grunt or moan or stumble when you land hits on his legs, his chest, even his neck. He doesn't make any utterances whatsoever. He stalks you from one end of the forest to the other, mute and monolithic all the while, slaughtering anything and everything that steps in his path.

You realize too late that you don't have any teleport scrolls.

And then there's a line of cliffs and the infamous basalt gorge in front of you. It's more like an abyss: a deep wound in the earth that leads down to fog, to shadows, to nothing at all. No going forward, unless you're planning to plummet to your death. No going backward, either. Nowhere to run. You're exhausted. You don't know how long you've been running; you just know the marauder has kept pace with you the entire time.

"Please," you say, and your voice breaks. The marauder stops at the edge of the forest, glaring at you, his eyes darker than the abyss itself. "I'll give you whatever it is you want from me, if only you'll spare my life. I have whetstones, and prisms. I have..."

He isn't interested in bargaining with you. That much is certain.

The first strike of the mace lands across your face. Your teeth scatter away and roll over the ground like inert gemstones, and then he hits you again, forcing you to your knees. There's blood. So much blood that you can't hope to catch it in your hands. He hits you again. He hits you again. He hits you again, and now you're only hoping the pain will end.

Wraeclast is disappointed. You can feel that much under your palms, against your torn-open cheek. This land put its trust in you, rogue exile, choosing you to be its champion, and you've done nothing to honor that trust. Your blood is spreading across the thirsty, greedy soil, which drinks it in. You couldn't be more of a failure.

The marauder drops down to one knee beside you. Even now, he's saying nothing at all, seemingly incapable of civilized speech. Your one good eye allows you to watch as he silently rifles through your belongings, stealing the rings from your fingers, even taking the hunting bow your mother gave to you when you left home. "My precious Orra," she said that day, drawing you into a fond embrace. "You're from a long, storied line of hunters. The Greengates have been great hunters for many generations. And you too will become one of the greats, as long as you're willing to give sweat and blood for your craft."

You bleed to death instead.
Last edited by h3rring on Dec 14, 2016, 1:08:02 AM
Hi. I made a POE inspired future bass tune! Hope you guys like it :)

https://soundcloud.com/paulkb/paulkbcalypso-path-of-exile-warrior-competition-entry

Song is called "Warrior"
Last edited by Brandsvoll on Dec 13, 2016, 6:54:56 AM
I don't usually take part in "talent competitions" or any competitions of any kind.
But since I really enjoy PoE I will take this opportunity to share my time with you guys.

I really like the idea of 3d graphic and even more the idea of things coming out of the screen (like Avatar movie, you know).
That is why I prepared few Masters and my char in anaglyph (I hope you can find your 3d glasses in less than 5 minutes)
Hope you enjoy it as much as I was enjoying doing it. Cheers. J.

Spoiler
........................... ....................................
how to post a pic here, im sorry im new to this game nor forum
"
Brandsvoll wrote:
https://soundcloud.com/paulkb/paulkbcalypso-path-of-exile-warrior-competition-entry
Song is called "Warrior"

sick!
"
Brandsvoll wrote:

Song is called "Warrior"

dope!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info