[2.5] Pentagolem Hellfire - How to play PoE while watching TV(Shaper/Guardians)

How is your computer setup cos fire particles are usually laggy. Is the build itself laggy cos of the fire golems gmp?
what do u think about dropping one mace for victarios charity? we would lose 20% dmg but gain frenzy/power charges and be able to use shield charge which is quite nice with all the MS/ATS from flesh offering / vaal haste
"
KinGGaiA wrote:
what do u think about dropping one mace for victarios charity? we would lose 20% dmg but gain frenzy/power charges and be able to use shield charge which is quite nice with all the MS/ATS from flesh offering / vaal haste

It might be better to use just a hybrid Life/ES shield then.
"
KRIGSSVIN wrote:
"
KinGGaiA wrote:

It might be better to use just a hybrid Life/ES shield then.
^
mhm why? i dont want it for the tankiess (even tho additional block + a bit allres - why not). i want it for more mobility and potentially more dmg (because of the charges).
"
Lgnd wrote:
My two Cents;

Get 1% more HP which is nothing, but still an improve, lol. Overall, really really good guide. I love it.

Nice change. Thanks, I'll try to edit when I get home.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
KinGGaiA wrote:

Very bad idea. You lose one golem and gain NOTHING! Well, ok, you gain some res, some life and aura radius. But you will never get any power charges. You wont kill anything by yourself. Maybe, sometimes, you will grant a frenzy charge to your minions, which does nothing btw, but really, that would be an insane waste.

We would not only lose 20% damage... We would lose 20% clear speed too! One golem makes the difference between running through T15 maps like they are NOTHING or running through them and standing still every few seconds.
Last edited by Mecielle on Dec 16, 2016, 9:12:03 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
KinGGaiA wrote:

Very bad idea. You lose one golem and gain NOTHING! Well, ok, you gain some res, some life and aura radius. But you will never get any power charges. You wont kill anything by yourself. Maybe, sometimes, you will grant a frenzy charge to your minions, which does nothing btw, but really, that would be an insane waste.

We would not only lose 20% damage... We would lose 20% clear speed too! One golem makes the difference between running through T15 maps like they are NOTHING or running through them and standing still every few seconds.

*Evil voice*

Excellent...! My minions are doing wonderful work!
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
ok i just tested like 2 hours of T15 shaped reef with victarios (+ necromantic aegis of course) compared to +1 mace.

its literally orders of magnitudes stronger clearspeed wise. u have INSANE mobility with shield charge, however i did feel the need to take convocation to be able to instantly get minions where i want them to be.

also keep in mind that +3 frenzy charges is 12% more dmg for your pets, so u dont even lose 20%. the 3 power charges easily put that over the top. also more ignite ticks are not to be underestimated even tho my pets still oneshot everything except bosses atm.

but ye, even if u would lose a bit dmg (which i honestly think u dont), the ability to have shield charge and be so much more mobile is in my opinion, at least for mapping, easily more worth than the dmg.
"
KinGGaiA wrote:
ok i just tested like 2 hours of T15 shaped reef with victarios (+ necromantic aegis of course) compared to +1 mace.

its literally orders of magnitudes stronger clearspeed wise. u have INSANE mobility with shield charge, however i did feel the need to take convocation to be able to instantly get minions where i want them to be.

also keep in mind that +3 frenzy charges is 12% more dmg for your pets, so u dont even lose 20%. the 3 power charges easily put that over the top. also more ignite ticks are not to be underestimated even tho my pets still oneshot everything except bosses atm.

but ye, even if u would lose a bit dmg (which i honestly think u dont), the ability to have shield charge and be so much more mobile is in my opinion, at least for mapping, easily more worth than the dmg.

You might as well get a 4 link lightning warp and remain as dual wield then.

losing a golem makes you lose more than just damage, it makes you lose coverage and aggro targets as well.

Also I suppose I should've put this in the original post, but the distance your golems are from targets is what determines which attack they'll use. With the aggro jewel, the golems will target whatever is closest to you. If you move away from them at a certain speed, you'll more or less guarantee the fireballs. If you move too far away, they'll teleport to you and use incinerate (or you'll convocate and they'll do the same).

If you just get around the same move speed as them, you'll go through the map with almost only fireballs and there will be little to no downtimes.

If you wanna do something different, go ahead tho. I also particularly dislike shield charge and its clunkiness.
What about Geofri's Sanctuary Elegant Ringmail as a body Armour option?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info