[2.5] CI Witch Scorching Ray CWC Whispering Ice - Version 2.0 Released - Now with more damage!

"
Romulas19 wrote:
So is it necessary to have the blue gems linked??

Scorching ray + Cast when Channeling + Controlled destruction are the only gems in the staff that has to linked.
"
stianfan wrote:
this build is so much fun, hard hitter for sure :D

Piety on merciless at level 62:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt7bO1Pnh1Y
And dom:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byJNUbfEp6Y

Dinged 63 on my way to kaom:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue9My00dAoQ

Even piety in belly! (still 63)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxm9MGGmEYU

vids are like 30sec a pop! except dom, he's such a roleplayer :P

Even killed Mala in merciless at 63, but had a few deaths on that one ^^
My recorder failed me on that one tho :(

Ahaha, looks awesome mate! keep it up. I am glad you enjoyed the build.
Going against malachai merciless at level 63 is risky business indeed, I would definitly not recommend that on heroic. :D
"
Chupacabra87 wrote:
Hey dude!
I like your build very much and i want to thank you first. I have just switched to SR and have 6.1k ES with Level 69.

A few questions:

1. where do i put the unique jewels in the skilltree (energy from within I know, but the Others?)

2. which stats are the best for jewels and items when you don't need resists anymore? Int, Str, Dex, dmg with elem.weapons, cast speed, fire dmg or what?

Thx again for the build, nice theory behind that, I think I can go kill everything later on. (:

Chupa

Hey I am glad you enjoy the build!

Regarding the jewels, the STR convertion jewel should be put at the templar jewel to convert all the strength.
The DEX convertion jewel shold be put close to vaal pact to convert the dex to int.
My build doesn't use energy from within, but feel free to add it if you prefer.

You can see my prioritized stats on jewels on the jewel tab, but I recommend:
Int > Spell Damage/spell damage while wielding a staff/fire damage > damage > cold damage > > str/dex > cast speed
Items just have to be pure int/ES/Resistance
It's all cool, except that I dont see it as a much viable build once You reach T14+ maps, and it's practically impossible to fight on the end-game content without die.
Unfortunately the WI builds is generally performing worse than the other current OP builds.

This all will be fixed once the base stats of Whispering Ice staff have been risen, until then the fans of WI is doomed to look stupid and helpless on the T15+ maps even with OP items..
Just one very disappointed PoE fan.
CI casters made PoE to the top, and GGG decided to kill them.
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD
Last edited by SonicPLD2 on Dec 13, 2016, 12:02:31 PM
Hi Mathoddie,

I switched over to your build from the Tri-Curse WI. So far I've been able to achieve a higher ES base (going from 5k to 7.9k ES with discipline) and my damage has creeped up a bit.

I did however have to forego the Whispers of Doom and Unnatural Calm at my current level in favor of Vaal Pact simply because I felt like I was not leeching enough when going up against tougher mobs.

I am currently level 78. I've posted my tree and gear below for your thoughts and opinion.

A few questions, is Ice Nova in the 5l meant to be used instead of another gem and at what level should that be; what is the basis for it?
Is there any way you would alter/improve my tree while still keeping Vaal Pact? I think VP is necessary with Ghost Reaver. What about Jewel selection?

Thank you very much for your guide, having a lot of fun with SR and CWC.

Gear
Spoiler

Passive Tree
Aslong as you have 1 ES (and since you are CI, you will always have 1 ES, otherwise you will be dead) you will have 50 % chance to avoid stuns. This is our core defense.

^^^^^ where are you getting that form btw? cause i'm getting rekt to stunlock
"
SonicPLD2 wrote:
It's all cool, except that I dont see it as a much viable build once You reach T14+ maps, and it's practically impossible to fight on the end-game content without die.
Unfortunately the WI builds is generally performing worse than the other current OP builds.

This all will be fixed once the base stats of Whispering Ice staff have been risen, until then the fans of WI is doomed to look stupid and helpless on the T15+ maps even with OP items..

Is this true? I have 2 failed characters this league, don't wanna go through that again, can this build do uber content and guardians? I've seen the video with uber izaro, so i think the guardians should be doable. I already bought 6L WI so i gues I'm knee deep in the build. Encourage me, someone hahah..
"
SonicPLD2 wrote:

I have no idea where you are getting the idea that WI is not viable for end game maps.
I can run tier 13 maps with hex proof, 0 regen, crazy mods & corrupted almost with a blindfold without using a big amount of currency, (even while having 3 other people in my maps I destroy bosses quickly), please state your facts behind these statements.
"
bangaroo wrote:
Aslong as you have 1 ES (and since you are CI, you will always have 1 ES, otherwise you will be dead) you will have 50 % chance to avoid stuns. This is our core defense.

^^^^^ where are you getting that form btw? cause i'm getting rekt to stunlock

"While the character has any energy shield remaining the character has a 50% chance to ignore being stunned. This bonus is not additive with other stun avoidance modifiers from passive skills and equipment; the chance to ignore stun granted by energy shield is rolled separately."

Link:
"
dsimek11 wrote:
"
SonicPLD2 wrote:

Is this true? I have 2 failed characters this league, don't wanna go through that again, can this build do uber content and guardians? I've seen the video with uber izaro, so i think the guardians should be doable. I already bought 6L WI so i gues I'm knee deep in the build. Encourage me, someone hahah..

This is definitly not true, there are no facts behind these statements.

Edit : did you buy a 6 linked Whispering ice?
Last edited by Mathoddie on Dec 13, 2016, 12:56:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info