100% disk usage during PoE

Hi,

Recently about maybe 2 weeks ago poe started to cause massive fps drops/freezes and crashing during loading new zones.

The reason is 100% disk usage poe is taking. I have max 20% disk usage during other games and in windows normally.

What i tried so far:
Reinstalled windows and poe completely.
Launching poe with -noasync.

Again my disk is fine since this problem only occurs when poe is runnning.

Here are some screenshots:

Would rly appreciate help, the game is unplayable at this point.

If u need more info let me know!

Last edited by xprimalfuryx on Dec 9, 2016, 8:14:32 AM
Last bumped on Jun 10, 2018, 4:46:00 PM
same here!
bump. same pls fix pls i cant take the withdrawals from poe any longer!!!
Same thing on the PC from my GF.
Game runs horrible now, but ran good before... :(
Last edited by Amahr on Jan 16, 2017, 11:29:11 AM
Same problem here. Disk usage 100%, fps drop to single digit.

Has anyone found any fix for this? The game has become unplayable for me due to the game maxing out my drive.
"
ace1157 wrote:
Has anyone found any fix for this? The game has become unplayable for me due to the game maxing out my drive.

Without more detailed information, I can only suggest you check the power management for your disk(s) make sure the system isn't putting them to sleep/standby. I'd also check the memory/pagefile configuration.
"
Kellog wrote:
"
ace1157 wrote:

Without more detailed information, I can only suggest you check the power management for your disk(s) make sure the system isn't putting them to sleep/standby. I'd also check the memory/pagefile configuration.

That´s also what i think - it might be related to RAM swapping to the pagefile.sys. If you got 4GB Ram (or even less), it is more likely for that to happen, especially when you run the 64bit Client.

Suggestions:
- Set a fix size for your pagefile (Size ~equal to your RAM size installed, e.g. if you got 4GB Ram, set pagefile also to 4GB). This How-To should explain how you can set the size of your pagefile.
- Try to use the 32bit Client of PoE

Page file has already been set. For the most part the problem is that path of exile is reading 10-20MB/s at all times. I expect this to be the case when loading a new zone, but I can be in my hideout for 20-30 min and the reads never stop. I have also already checked that power options are set appropriately.

Does anyone else have any suggestions? Having an SSD should not be required but it's looking like that may be the solution at this point.
"
ace1157 wrote:
Page file has already been set. For the most part the problem is that path of exile is reading 10-20MB/s at all times. I expect this to be the case when loading a new zone, but I can be in my hideout for 20-30 min and the reads never stop. I have also already checked that power options are set appropriately.

Does anyone else have any suggestions? Having an SSD should not be required but it's looking like that may be the solution at this point.

As a test, you could try temporarily disabling Windows Search and Superfetch (try one, check, then try the other) You might also try disabling the P2P update thing in settings.

Out of interest, when the problem occurs, can you post the disk activity information from Resource Monitor.
Last edited by Kellog on Feb 24, 2017, 10:13:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info