[2.5] Blade Vortex Slayer <1ex budget noob friendly breach/atziri/uber lab farmer

Heya! Enjoying the build so far a lot! Currently at 69. Sooo.. With 6L and capped ress. At what lvl would you suggest starting to do uber runs? And also, what HP do you have atm compared to when you started? :b

Also can you describe how you play the build? Is it just BV + Leap Slam until bosses, then kite+BV(conc) and boom dead? Or how do you play the build? :D

And last but not least, why do you go impact instead of the immune to bleed while leeching ascendancy node? :)))
"
chulipstop wrote:
Liking this so far, could you do a basic list of your gems/links?

sure:
6L: blade vortex -> spell echo -> controlled destruction -> poison -> life leech -> conc effect/increased aoe
4L: Vaal haste -> increased duration -> decoy totem (insane skill) -> flame golem
4L: CWDT -> immortal call -> increased duration -> rallying cry (self cast)
4L: CWDT -> blade vortex -> curse on hit -> assassin's mark
3L: Whirling blades -> fortify -> faster attacks
3L: hatred -> vaal lightning trap -> flame dash

"
MFJones wrote:
Would this be better at boss killing than a pathfinder CI/LL variant?

nope, it's my 1st char and i did it for early lab profit. well geared CI/LL variant assassin/pathfinder is always better than slayer.

"
chulipstop wrote:
Also a section with some options for nicer gear would be awesome

Best in slot armour pieces should have
high armour
+str
+life
+resists

rings:
diamond rings with:
+life
+str
+cast speed
+resist

belt:
my rustic sash with higher life and resist (or +str if you are overcapped)

amu:
+Crit chance
+Crit multi
+Spell dmg
+life
+cast speed

"
albertaso wrote:
Heya! Enjoying the build so far a lot! Currently at 69. Sooo.. With 6L and capped ress. At what lvl would you suggest starting to do uber runs? And also, what HP do you have atm compared to when you started? :b

Also can you describe how you play the build? Is it just BV + Leap Slam until bosses, then kite+BV(conc) and boom dead? Or how do you play the build? :D

And last but not least, why do you go impact instead of the immune to bleed while leeching ascendancy node? :)))

I started doing uber labs at lvl 75, with ~4.8-5k life basalt and granite flask (no witchfire brew)
now i'm at ~6.1k life and ~800 es (but you can ignore it)

I put decoy totem on opposite side of izaro circle while spamming bv up to 20 stacks, then i use my flasks and he is dead. If it's a fight with charging stuff i'm leapslammin around with decoy totem on until he is done ready to take some hits. After reaching his threshold i just slam away (coz we can't leech anymore). Our leech is instant, so i prefer bleeding flask + extra AoE. It's also better for mapping

Is it really worth going crit? 36% crit sounds kinda low. I thought if i go double curse (wm + vuln) and respec my crit nodes. So annoying to play without constant mana leech. Just hit 75 @ BHC and 6linked my coil for this build. Single target feels very powerful but im not sure should i leave the crit and invest for more survivability or extra curse.

Thanks for the nice guide!
"
"
Magravan wrote:
Is there a reason that you are getting Endless Hunger (overleech) and Vaal Pact? Wouldn't Vaal Pact prevent that?

20% of overkill dmg leeched as life works really well - especially in breach.

BV triggers culling or overkill?

WIKI: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Overkill_damage

"Interactions with culling strike

Overkill and culling can fundamentally never interact.[2] If a hit doesn't kill a target itself but triggers culling strike or Bane of Legends that kills, damage from them doesn't count towards overkill damage and it stay negative, and, accordingly, overkill effects will not trigger. "
"
grp wrote:
Is it really worth going crit? 36% crit sounds kinda low. I thought if i go double curse (wm + vuln) and respec my crit nodes. So annoying to play without constant mana leech. Just hit 75 @ BHC and 6linked my coil for this build. Single target feels very powerful but im not sure should i leave the crit and invest for more survivability or extra curse.

Thanks for the nice guide!

Imo crit is still ok on sc with assassin's mark curse (and sometimes i use diamond flask for mapping). I have mana flask and rallying cry in my setup for any kind of mana issues + in lab to stack 20 bv before izaro spawns
On hc i would recommend wm + extra endurance charge from bandits, temp chain/enfeeble, +1 curse from a tree and no crit.

"
"
"
Magravan wrote:
Is there a reason that you are getting Endless Hunger (overleech) and Vaal Pact? Wouldn't Vaal Pact prevent that?

20% of overkill dmg leeched as life works really well - especially in breach.

BV triggers culling or overkill?

WIKI: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Overkill_damage

"Interactions with culling strike

Overkill and culling can fundamentally never interact.[2] If a hit doesn't kill a target itself but triggers culling strike or Bane of Legends that kills, damage from them doesn't count towards overkill damage and it stay negative, and, accordingly, overkill effects will not trigger. "

For me bv triggers overkill on trash and culling on bosses. it hits less frequently but dmg is higher than before
Last edited by Vaal_temple on Dec 15, 2016, 12:23:31 AM
After the nerf to bv and posion in 2.5.1 is the posion support still worth it or should it now be swapped for somthing else?
lvl 64 soft core self found 1 char in 2 years.

Feels nice but i`m as soft as a little girl. Glass canon ))))

I love it
"
Aeora wrote:
After the nerf to bv and posion in 2.5.1 is the posion support still worth it or should it now be swapped for somthing else?

i'm not playing anymore, but it should be viable
If this is how it works with shitty gear AFTER nerf then it was definitely overpowered. Still pretty dope
Still running this build. Self found lvl 85.

Found Tabula Rasa and swaped poison for increased duration and consentrated effect for faster casting. Feels much better as i waste less time spining it up and maintaning.

Love this build. Gona continue with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info