XHUL FILTER 3.11.C

Some feedback/questions

I think normal gems should be hidden in endgame. I usually disable these when i reach act 6 or sometimes epilogue since the vendor sells all gems at that point.

Switch places with splinter of uul-netol and xoph. Xoph is worth over twice as much. Tier should be: Chayula/Xoph and then the rest if you ask me.

Is there a way to only display chromatic (rgb) small rare items? I have been unable to set your filter up for this.
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 4, 2018, 3:23:27 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
I think normal gems should be hidden in endgame. I usually disable these when i reach act 6 or sometimes epilogue since the vendor sells all gems at that point.

Something that crossed my mind more than once, and you just reminded me it has to be done, thanks, it will be in 3.4.E =]
In the mean time, just set the "T5 rest" block to "Disable" in Filterblast ("Block switches" tab, "gems" category).

"
kompaniet wrote:
Switch places with splinter of uul-netol and xoph. Xoph is worth over twice as much. Tier should be: Chayula/Xoph and then the rest if you ask me.

In the current version, breach level|rarity is the main factor for splinter distribution, rather than trade value.
I would eventually be ok to change that if somebody tells me why they skyrocketed like that (at least outside of Standard).
I mean, that's pretty inconsistent with the price of the corresponding blessings (Delve-SC : chayula > esh > uul-netol > xoph > tul).
Do people run that many xoph breaches to actually hope dropping specific uniques or what ?

"
kompaniet wrote:
Is there a way to only display chromatic (rgb) small rare items? I have been unable to set your filter up for this.

Yes, using the "Block switches" tab in Filterblast.
For each rarity category, there is a subcategory called "T4 sockets rgb linked".
Expand it, and you'll see 3 blocks :
> If you want all RGB items to be covered, just set "any" to "Show".
> If you want only small items, set "any" to "Disable", and both "width 1" & "height 2" to "Show".
Note that "small" items are defined as taking 3 to 4 item slots, which includes 1x3, 1x4, and 2x2.
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Last edited by xhul on Oct 4, 2018, 9:55:33 PM
Xoph splinters were the second most expensive splinter in the last league too. There was a high demand for the amulet (xoph's heart) because many popular builds used it such as elemental hit archer.

That's my understanding of the whole thing atleast.

I think i already changed those settings under t4 sockets rgb. I will take another look.
Edit: Found it. I had changed white rgb items but not magic ones. Thanks.
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 5, 2018, 3:41:37 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
Xoph splinters were the second most expensive splinter in the last league too. There was a high demand for the amulet (xoph's heart) because many popular builds used it such as elemental hit archer.

Yeah, i double-checked, and it seems that amu is still pretty expensive, even the non-blessed version, which explains it all.
I'll swap the splinters in 3.4.E.
In the mean time, you can use the "currency" tab in Filterblast to move any base from one tier to another.
Thanks again for the precious feeback <3
3.4.E

CURRENCY

"Encrusted Fossil" - T3>2
"Lucent Fossil" - T2>3
"Splinter of Uul-Netol" - T3>4
"Splinter of Xoph" - T4>3

GEMS

endgame - Items falling in T5 subcategory are now filtered.
3.5.A

The xloot variant was added, identical to endgame, with the addition of T5 currency being filtered.
Especially useful in heavily sextanted|scarabbed maps.

CURRENCY

promoted :
"Perfect Fossil" - T3>2
"Powerful Alchemical Resonator" - T4>3

demoted :
"Potent Chaotic Resonator" - T3>4
"Primitive Chaotic Resonator" - T3>4
"Shuddering Fossil" - T2>3

I have plans to distribute prophecies using the new syntax in a future patch, cause it will take some time i don't have yet.
In the mean time, they all still drop as T3.

CARDS

added :
"A Dab of Ink" - T2
"The Life Thief" - T2
"The Master Artisan" - T3
"The Nurse" - T2
"The Sacrifice" - T2

GEMS

Except for "Vaal Breach", special gems were moved from T2 to T3.
"Added Chaos Damage Support" is now handled as a special gem (T3).
Added support for level 3 empower|enhance|enlighten (T2).
All new gems are covered according to the current subcategory pattern.

UNIQUE

Atlas bases, and "Prismatic Ring", are no longer included in "restricted 2" by default.

MAPS & FRAGMENTS

All scarabs were added (the distribution might change soon).
Fragments are now following a more consistent pattern :
T1 - reliquary keys
T2 - area level 80 & 84 | gilded scarabs
T3 - area level 70 & 75 | polished & rusted scarabs

RARE | MAGIC

All veiled mods were added in the T2 subcategory.

NORMAL

Pieces were added in "restricted 2" (they exist and can still be generated).
Last edited by xhul on Dec 6, 2018, 12:31:24 AM
I love your filter. I am semi-colorblind - white/yellow and other kinda similar colors are a problem. Your filter does help me, although I might change some things.

I use your basic filter since I just started in this league. When should I switch to the advanced filter? All these white items pile up quickly ;)
"
Influx wrote:
I love your filter. I am semi-colorblind - white/yellow and other kinda similar colors are a problem. Your filter does help me, although I might change some things.

I use your basic filter since I just started in this league. When should I switch to the advanced filter? All these white items pile up quickly ;)

Welcome.

I initially designed that color setup to optimise CNS information treatment, and though it was never my intention to help people with disabilities in the first place, i'm not surprised it does for you, but i'm glad.
You can easily adjust the RGB values here if needed, it's in the "Color theme" tab, just be sure to select the right variant before doing so.

Well, if you feel like you see too much white|blue trash on the screen, it's probably time to switch to the hybrid variant.
Feel free to check the end of my first post for a summary of how the items are handled for each variant.

Happy new year in advance =]
Last edited by xhul on Dec 8, 2018, 10:21:25 PM
I think portal and wisdom scrolls should be in their own tier.
Merry christmas everybody !

"
kompaniet wrote:
I think portal and wisdom scrolls should be in their own tier.

That's a solution i've been using in the past, where they were displayed using a smaller font.
It ended up being ok for endgame (though still screen-cluttering, especially in breaches), but painful for early content (too hard to click on them effectively).
And there is something i really don't want to do, is having items displayed differently depending on the variant (for consitency, the current system has items either ignored or hidden).
Though, i don't know if you tried the variant introduced in 3.5.A, which basically hides T5 currency, and is kinda good for speed runs, or highly boosted quantity maps.
More feedback welcome about that, i guess...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info