[2.5]Raider, Hand of Wisdom and Action Spectral Throw, Guardians/Shaper

Hello, i'd like to show you the build i am currently using.

I have a positive thought of this build utilizing 2 new unique claws.
I want to improve this build from feedbacks/etc and any feedbacks are very welcome.

Video
Spoiler
T15 Dark Forest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWxZvjiuhH0&feature=youtu.be
Please, don't care about 1 death(lel); but look how i melt down Rigwald.
Xoph's Domain First Attempt(1 death): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzvr2Y0_cuY

Hydra/Chimera
Spoiler

It took only 2~3 minutes. DPS was really high. I will try other guardians and eventually the Shaper as well if possible.

The Chimera himself was too easy(i melted him down), but the problem was of course the adds. However, Warchief Totem helped me a lot to clear the adds. I think Chimera is the hardest guardian among 4 guardians.

Minotaur/Phoenix
Spoiler

I just facetanked him(i died a few though. Just don't facetank inside the zone of rocks falling)

He can't hit me.
Once my ping is good, i will try the shaper(ping spikes are real thesedays)
Chayula will take long time to attempt; i still have only 11 splinters.

The Shaper
Spoiler

It was pretty hard, but doable. The adds weren't that bad, i just put Vaal Lightning Trap and Warchief totem then they started dying instantly. DPS on the Shaper wasn't amagingly great, but just average.

Tooltip DPS(old)
Spoiler
with 8 frenzy charges/GMP
with 8 frenzy charges/Slow Proj.

5.9K life at level 90

Pros
Fast clear speed
Very cheap
Very fun to play
Super high single target DPS

Cons
Very squishy
Life/EV based build
Enfeeble on maps with this build is just.. i hate it.
Core is hard with this build(which is weird considering it's just tier 15 and t16 maps are easier)

Gear(old)
Spoiler

Current Gear
Spoiler

Total gear cost: About 6ex
Considering the rise of the weapon's price, i won't say it's cheap right now. But, it's still pretty cheap.

Jewels
Spoiler

Gear(priority)
Life, ele res > Int/Ele dmg with weapons/adds lightning damage to attacks

Jewels(priority)
Life > Lightning/Proj. damage/Attack speed jewels > Int and Dex

Required Items
Spoiler
2 Hand of Wisdom and Action claws, Shaper's Touch and Astramentis

Good Body Armor Options
Spoiler
Belly of the Beast: Of course this is your ultimate end-game body armor. If you wear that thing, you will have like 6.3~6.5K life. However, they are quite expensive(6l) and i have no problem with a cheap rare(ev/es) chest. If you have one or can afford one, just use it.

Kintsugi: This is not a good option(surprisingly). Yes, the item has everything all we need, but the problem is, you have to 4 off-color on it. Which will make you waste a lot of chroms, so that's not a good option.

CI Gear(old)
Spoiler

2 Fertile Mind jewls and Energy From Within
Uses 3 Vinktars

Gems

ST - Elemental Focus - WED - Added Lightning Damage - Lightning Pen. - GMP/Slow Proj.
Orb of Storms - Conductivity - Curse on Hit
Immortal Call - Cast When Damage Taken - Lightning Golem - Inc. Duration
Whirling Blades - Fortify - Faster Attacks(no need for blood magic)
Wrath, Herald of Thunder, Vaal Lightning Trap, Vaal Haste
Ancestral Warchief - Faster Attacks - Conc. Effect - Culling Strike(culling strike is very good to finish off bosses)

We usually don't use Warchief totem for boss, but we use it for the adds(just swap to gmp if you die in the chimera map)

CI gems
Almost the same, but use Discipline instead of Herald of Thunder.

Life Passive Skill tree at level 90

CI Passive Skill Tree at level 91

CI vs Life
Spoiler
CI
+High ES pool
+Very slightly higher damage than Life version
+Requires lesser skill than Life
-Not that expensive, but more expensive than life version
-Have to proc Elemental Overlord to deal same damage as life version

Life
+Very Cheap
+Comfortable to play
-Life/EV based Character
-Low life pool
-Requires more skill than CI

Personally, i like life play-style more(i don't get why people choose ci or ll over life..)

Ascendancy - Raider: Way of the Poacher > Avatar of the Slaughter > Quartz Infusion > Avatar of the Veil

Bandits:
Life: +40 Life/+8% Attack Speed/+1 Frenzy Charge
CI: Passive/+8% Attack Speed/+1 Frenzy Charge

Passive Tree Explanation
Spoiler
Mana Flows and Primal Spirit: 0.4% Mana leech alone isn't enough, so i chose both of these nodes. These nodes solve mana issues and they give int(which we need) as well.
+30 Int nodes boost our dps a lot.
I picked Vaal Pact and some of life leech nodes. Because +25 life gain on hit on the claws weren't enough and i needed more leech. And Traveling through the tree for Vaal Pact is worth it, because there is a +30 int nod.

How does this build Work?
Spoiler
We're using 2 new unique claws:
. That weapon gives us 1-6 lightning damage per 10 int and 1% attack speed per 25 dex. By dual-wielding that claw, the increased stats are doubled.
: This item is perfect for this build, because not only the amulet gives about +90 int, it gives +90 dex as well. I have over 500 Int and 500 Dex, so i don't have to use Faster Attacks thanks to the claws' +1% AS per 25 Dex.
: Since we're utilizing the advantages of the claws, there is only one pair of gloves we'd like to add; Shaper's Touch. This item alone gives us over 100 Life and 500 Accuracy as well as A lot of Evasion ratings. These gloves are probably the best choise in your slot.
Others: There are a lot of choices to our accessories. We look for Life/Ele res > Inc. ele dmg with weapons > Int/Adds to lightning damage to attaks. We have to focus on getting as high int as much, so that we can benefit from Shaper's Touch and the claws. This is why we don't have to look for accuracy accessories which are pretty expensive with good mods.

Talking about the Shaper fight,
this cold res flask is really good in the Shaper fight(almost all of them do a plenty of cold damage including the unshaped, so i just pop all my flask then facetank the unshaped. shaper can't be shocked; just be aware and not sure about they can pen my cold res and.. something else)

Feedback from Grimm101(+CI)
Spoiler
I am currently playing a Blade flurry Hand of Wisdom build and the biggest thing I can suggest is going CI. It seems wasteful using 2 items that give you 24% more int and allowing you to gain defenive and offensive capabilities from a node that is normally just seen as pathing. Combine that with 3 Str or Dex to int jewels and you can easily have over 1.2k int. Using only a 600 ES chest, 100 ES gloves, 100 ES boots, 70 ES belt, and a 20 ES ring I have 9k ES. If I scale that up to ES gear that was available at the end of the last league it would be over 12k.

Your current build looks nearly identical to the one I used from 1-88 exept I grabbed the witch area nodes instead of proj nodes. This adds in the added benefit that you are near Elemental Overload which adds a huge 40% more damage. Even if you stick to ST your largest dps increase will come from getting that node.

With http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAOsSKgBz037veu4Oo4rtP73mES8WvyaVYeJVS4w2XfL8xQ2NW69OKiPTj2BM_0MxwzNaGsM6KjibtYTFvqcOSBGWBx6VLvDVSVFW-t1GY6cRgZOVrTMZ1ysKFHWkwo1-t7Z1y-pir-uexKa-VEcDHh9BkAoB0aJA9PihIsSilwYZil-wykpvnoMJRnG0DMrTvoqTJ3_GoS_5Y1T-lczqug18V8ko-riTHNyPGuvupwjYJFZIbAsi9G0ZEVA1uacr2VvviPk3189JsTQKN2YsppDWIuro1usUBfkV8BcmeoTQrUHQX3CDbTy-2NUAAAAAAA==

Running two fertile minds and an Energy from within you should be able to reach 9k ES with a large damage increase.

My personal opinion of Blade Flurry(raider/ass) with this build
Spoiler
Yes, of course i have used Blade Flurry with this build and it had about 7.5k average damage(with spectral throw tree) and it felt kinda good, but ST was a little bit better(don't underestimate point blank). I mean, ST was better on life version. I think if you're going CI, Blade Flurry will perform better than ST just because not only you can gain AoE, you get AoE damage as well. Spectral Throw on CI, yes it was good, dps was good and tankiness was better than life. However, it was kinda uncomfortable to play than life version. I have planned this for ASS before, but i thought it would be as same as Raider, but will cost more just because it's crit.

This is my first league character and also very budget, i actually didn't even think i can do the Shaper with this cheap build. However, as it turns out, it actually worked out pretty well. I'm currently busy thesedays, so i won't be able to reply quickly and in detail.

Update Notes last updated on Dec 14, 2016
Spoiler
Final Passive Skill Tree on Life version and Hydra updated.
Gems and others updated on Dec 8, 2016
Chimera and Minotaur updated on Dec 10, 2016
Phoenix and the Shaper updated on Dec 11, 2016
Some stuffs and Ci vs Life etc.. updated on Dec 14, 2016

Thanks for reading.
Last edited by WarmKitty on Dec 14, 2016, 5:32:41 AM
Last bumped on Jan 9, 2017, 11:54:57 PM
I am currently playing a Blade flurry Hand of Wisdom build and the biggest thing I can suggest is going CI. It seems wasteful using 2 items that give you 24% more int and allowing you to gain defenive and offensive capabilities from a node that is normally just seen as pathing. Combine that with 3 Str or Dex to int jewels and you can easily have over 1.2k int. Using only a 600 ES chest, 100 ES gloves, 100 ES boots, 70 ES belt, and a 20 ES ring I have 9k ES. If I scale that up to ES gear that was available at the end of the last league it would be over 12k.

Your current build looks nearly identical to the one I used from 1-88 exept I grabbed the witch area nodes instead of proj nodes. This adds in the added benefit that you are near Elemental Overload which adds a huge 40% more damage. Even if you stick to ST your largest dps increase will come from getting that node.

http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAO8SKgB1037veu4Oo4rtP73m_MUNjVuvTioj049gTP9DMcMzWhrDOio4vqdW-t1GY6cRgRR1pMKNfre2dcvqYq_rkAoB0fT4oSLEopcGGYr5Y1T-lcwF-RXwokCbtV-wykqExW-egwlGcbQMytO-iqEvkydsCyL0bRkRUDW5pyt_xsHF7BgsvxXXhq5WY4_60NBfahGWk5WtMxnXDkhd8isKAx4fQREvnsSmvlRHjDbqug18V8ko-riTHNzr7qcI2CRWSI8av9VTu--I-TfXz0mxIuro1usU2VsbJUuu6QIXJnqE0K1B0F9wg208vtjVAAAAAAA=

Running two fertile minds and an Energy from within you should be able to reach 9k ES with a large damage increase.

Edit: Didn't grab CI and Ghost Reaver.....
Edit2: Redid the Tree to get more ES and a bit more resist. Should be around 9k ES Pool with semi budget gear
Last edited by Grimm101 on Dec 7, 2016, 11:55:36 PM
"
Grimm101 wrote:

With http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAOsSKgBz037veu4Oo4rtP73mES8WvyaVYeJVS4w2XfL8xQ2NW69OKiPTj2BM_0MxwzNaGsM6KjibtYTFvqcOSBGWBx6VLvDVSVFW-t1GY6cRgZOVrTMZ1ysKFHWkwo1-t7Z1y-pir-uexKa-VEcDHh9BkAoB0aJA9PihIsSilwYZil-wykpvnoMJRnG0DMrTvoqTJ3_GoS_5Y1T-lczqug18V8ko-riTHNyPGuvupwjYJFZIbAsi9G0ZEVA1uacr2VvviPk3189JsTQKN2YsppDWIuro1usUBfkV8BcmeoTQrUHQX3CDbTy-2NUAAAAAAA==

Thanks for the feedback! i really appreciate it.
CI and ES based chars are very new to me, so i'm kinda afraid to try.. but after i read your advise, that looks better than life based version. Once i can afford currency to respec, i definitely want to go for CI version.
Just warning you that CI with this build is very tight on suffixes. You want at least +40 int on every peice of gear. Since you are only running 4-6 rares it is very difficult to get enough resist on those pieces of gear. I am currently not using shapers gloves until I can afford an Enlighten 3 (or enlighten 2 and +1 gems shapers) and until I can grab the reduced mana nodes by Ranger.

With that combo I would be able to run Discipline + Grace(40% Evade) or Wrath(20% dps increase) + Purity of Elements. This would give you a lot more flexibility in your gearing. The ultimate set up would be +4 Enlighten with a Temp Chains on hit corruption on your gloves.

I am sure that the tree I linked is not optimized for ST and could be improved (could drop 30 int (with fertile mind) for 20% flask charges gain and 1 passive point).

Last edited by Grimm101 on Dec 7, 2016, 11:57:53 PM
"
Grimm101 wrote:
Just warning you that CI with this build is very tight on suffixes. You want at least +40 int on every peice of gear. Since you are only running 4-6 rares it is very difficult to get enough resist on those pieces of gear. I am currently not using shapers gloves until I can afford an Enlighten 3 (or enlighten 2 and +1 gems shapers) and until I can grab the reduced mana nodes by Ranger.

With that combo I would be able to run Discipline + Grace(40% Evade) or Wrath(20% dps increase) + Purity of Elements. This would give you a lot more flexibility in your gearing. The ultimate set up would be +4 Enlighten with a Temp Chains on hit corruption on your gloves.

I am sure that the tree I linked is not optimized for ST and could be improved (could drop 30 int (with fertile mind) for 20% flask charges gain and 1 passive point).

Currently running CI version(i got a lucky drop, so...) It's kinda expensive(and will be), but it is really working well in 5L! I'm looking forward to do the guardians once i get 6L and again, thanks for the feedback!
Last edited by WarmKitty on Dec 8, 2016, 1:02:40 AM
Nice build, I was thinking to do something like that too.

Maybe I missed something, but I don't see any Lightning leech in your build/stuff.
What's the point taking Vaal Pact with a physical dps this low ? I'm not really familiar with Elemental leech anyway ^^

Do you think a Flicker with these 2 claws could be possible ?
I was playing flicker strike but this build has been in the back of the head and now I'm giving it a try I love me some spectral throw. But I was thinking about trying this as a a witch elementalist I wonder if that can work.
"
Kirbynou wrote:
Nice build, I was thinking to do something like that too.

Maybe I missed something, but I don't see any Lightning leech in your build/stuff.
What's the point taking Vaal Pact with a physical dps this low ? I'm not really familiar with Elemental leech anyway ^^

Do you think a Flicker with these 2 claws could be possible ?

Life gain on hit and attack leech both apply to elemental leech as well. So i grabbed a few of life nodes in Duelist's area to cover it(and +25 life gain on hit on the claws weren't enough, sadly :c)

I'm sorry, but i haven't ever played Flicker; i don't know how it works, so i can't tell you a vague answer :c
"
travisiscool wrote:
I was playing flicker strike but this build has been in the back of the head and now I'm giving it a try I love me some spectral throw. But I was thinking about trying this as a a witch elementalist I wonder if that can work.

I'm not sure about elementalist(i'm not a good theory crafter, so i have to test it by myself. sorry about that) But my dps is pretty much doubled with 8 frenzy charges, so without frenzy charges, i don't think it will be that good.
so nice build, I will try this ci version

CI Gear(old) and passive tree did worked? or any update?
Last edited by greeenskin on Dec 9, 2016, 11:16:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info