Primordial Golemstones - Awesome? [Y/N]

"
gilrad wrote:
It's not compounding like Spectrum, but one thing we did learn from Spectrums was that it can be worthwhile to make a 10-12 jewel build if the damage is high enough. With all five golems and 10 Primordial Harmonies, that's a lot of golem damage.

Harmony is you damage, not golem damage, if I understand the mod as written (this time). Five golem types (~80-100% damage per Harmony) times ten Harmonies (...eugh) is indeed a raging smackton of damage, but upkeeping it would be a tremendous pain. You lose ~200% damage every time a golem dies, and you also need either two Clayshapers or one Clayshaper and being an Elementalist to get that many golems in the first place. Could be an amusing thing to try, especially if Harmony ends up being cheaper than the more obviously build-enabling Might and Eminence jewels, but I can also imagine it being really irritating really quickly trying to maneuver yourself inamongst/around a pack of unruly buffbots.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
In case it matters to your theorycrafting
"
1453R wrote:

Primordial Harmony Cobalt Jewel
Golem Skills have [23%] Increased Cooldown Recovery (golems use their own inherent skills more often
Golems have 15% Increased Cooldown Recovery (you can resummons golems faster)

You have those the wrong way around. The first stat is granting cooldown recovery to your Golem Skills (the skills you have with the "golem" tag - e.g. "Summon Flame Golem" is a golem skill).
The second stat is saying your Golems (the fancy minion dudes you summon with the aforementioned skills) have increased cooldown recovery, which will thus apply to all skills they have (at least, the ones with cooldowns).

Should be better worded. In fact...much of the tooltips need be be better worded.

Should read as "Goblem Type Skills.." and "Golem's Abilities..."
Eh, there's room to misinterpret it either way. The wording is funky, and everyone is going to read it differently based on their own brain wiring.

The important thing is that Mark clarified it quickly, which I do quite appreciate. Can't imagine he's got a lot of time to sort niggly mechanics issues like this rightabouts now.
SO primordial might increases my characters damage on summoning a golem?

Primordial Might Crimson Jewel
+30% Increased Damage if you’ve Summoned a Golem in the last 8s (per PM)
Golems Summoned in the last 8s deal [37%] Increased Damage (per PM)
Golems have 20% Maximum Life (per PM)
Golems are Assholes

Would that work on cast when damage taken?

Would each Primordial might cause the affect to happen? so 2 x primordial might + summoning a golem would cause 60% increased damage?

Sorry for the questions, just clarifying because that is awesome even if it works alone.
"
laxcrazy wrote:
SO primordial might increases my characters damage on summoning a golem?

Primordial Might Crimson Jewel
+30% Increased Damage if you’ve Summoned a Golem in the last 8s (per PM)
Golems Summoned in the last 8s deal [37%] Increased Damage (per PM)
Golems have 20% Maximum Life (per PM)
Golems are Assholes

Would that work on cast when damage taken?

Would each Primordial might cause the affect to happen? so 2 x primordial might + summoning a golem would cause 60% increased damage?

Sorry for the questions, just clarifying because that is awesome even if it works alone.

Yep.

CWDT-ing a golem still counts as summoning a golem, so you'd get the 30% damage for 8s per Primordial Might you have in your sockets, plus whatever minimal boost you get from a low-level CWDT golem.
Curious if and how the aggression mod stacks.
I would imagine that it doesn't - the "aggressive" A.I. is one behavior pattern for golems, and the "standard" A.I. is another behavior pattern. You use one pattern or the other, you can't stack MOAR behavior patterns.

I mean, I could certainly be wrong, and slotting seven or eight Mights would mean golems that bellow "WITNESS ME!" in local chat before slamming their faces into as many sword blades as they can in a frenzied need to deal as much damage as possible before they explode...but I don't figure Grinding Gear would've written that adaptive a script for one jewel. We're lucky they gave golems an "Aggressive" behavior pattern at all, really.
"
WaterWii wrote:
Curious if and how the aggression mod stacks.
It does not, it's a boolean thing. It using the term "more" is a mistake that wasn't caught because it was added after those stat descriptions were checked off, and it missed a recheck. It will be fixed in the release version to avoid confusion.
...so there's no code in the game for golems to yell "WITNESS ME!" in local chat before rushing the enemy in a blaze of epically suicidal glory?

Damn. Suppose we'll have to wait for next time.
True. Any idea if the Anima stone will be like The Emperors Mastery where it can only be awarded from the lab leader board?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info